PDA

View Full Version : married in dubai

johnandlani
30th December 2006, 16:29
I finally married my Filipina fiancee in Dubai on Dec 9th after months of collecting cnis and paperwork from U.K and the Philippines, she is on a visitors visa there and working as a dental nurse, but her visa expires on Jan5th and she has to leave the country for 48 hours and return to renew her visa. She wants to join me in the U.K but U.K.Visas say she must return to the Philippines to apply for her spouse visa from there. Her employer in Dubai says he will sponsor her for U.A.R. residency for £1200 , then she could apply for a spouse visa from there. This seems a lot of money, any thoughts or advice most welcome.....John

A_flyer
31st December 2006, 13:57
I finally married my Filipina fiancee in Dubai on Dec 9th after months of collecting cnis and paperwork from U.K and the Philippines, she is on a visitors visa there and working as a dental nurse, but her visa expires on Jan5th and she has to leave the country for 48 hours and return to renew her visa. She wants to join me in the U.K but U.K.Visas say she must return to the Philippines to apply for her spouse visa from there. Her employer in Dubai says he will sponsor her for U.A.R. residency for £1200 , then she could apply for a spouse visa from there. This seems a lot of money, any thoughts or advice most welcome.....John
She must apply for this visa in her country of residence.
She seems to have only a visitor in Dubai so she's not residing here (and if she's working ... it may be illegal work too as she seems not to have a work visa).
So in this case, I'm afraid there's no other way than starting the process with the British Embassy in Manila.
In my opinion, it will be safer (ans less costly) for you to pay the flight back and the visa processing in the Philippines rather than accepting the sponsering (and safer too, as you have to be sure you can trust the sponsor; if for the moment he employs illegaly your wife, I would be doubtful!).

walesrob
31st December 2006, 14:04
She must apply for this visa in her country of residence.
She seems to have only a visitor in Dubai so she's not residing here (and if she's working ... it may be illegal work too as she seems not to have a work visa).
So in this case, I'm afraid there's no other way than starting the process with the British Embassy in Manila.

Yves is correct, theres no easy way out of this apart from returning to the Philippines and starting a new Spouse Visa application.

ginapeterb
31st December 2006, 19:53

John,

You will also need to ensure that you have a certified copy of your local marriage licence from the Dubai authorities that is acceptable to the British Embassy in Manila for the purposes of authenticating that your marriage is acceptable for purposes of a spouse visa.

Also, I doubt even if her employer chose to sponsor her for residency in the UAE, whether that would make much difference for the requirement to return to the Philippines, as Rob and Yves have suggested, it is far cheaper for the flight back, plus visa fees, there is no easy solution other than to get on with the situation you are in, and look at it positively, anyway its the new year, this is positive right for 2007.

KeithD
1st January 2007, 10:03
It would have been much easier bringing her to the UK on a Fiancee Visa, and getting married in the UK. You seem to have made much more work for yourself doing it the wrong way round.