PDA

View Full Version : How to apply for Philippine tourist visa

triple5
15th February 2010, 17:58
I was wondering wheres the best place to apply/get forms from for a tourist visa to the Philippines. I believe its valid for 2 months:Erm: The relevant links for the forms on the Philippines embassy in UK site are broken :NoNo:

Do I need to apply in this country or can i enter on the 21 day and apply there? Also what are rules on entering on a one way ticket? Do I need to show a ticket for an onward journey in that case?

keithAngel
15th February 2010, 18:39
Just arrive and extend its very easy as long as you do it before disapearing into the jungle lol about 3000 peso the first one keep the reciept

I never heard of anyone being asked for an onward ticket if you are extremly paranoid you could always book a throwaway to hong kong or BangKok shouldnt worry though

Why do you want a one-way?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

triple5
15th February 2010, 18:52
Cheers Keith, not sure how long I'm going for, so was thinking of just buying the return out there when I decide to come back. Remember doing the same in thailand and they always insisted on seeing an onward ticket if you were entering a one way.

So I can enter on the 21 day, then after get 2 months for 3000pesos?

keithAngel
15th February 2010, 19:49
yes exactly and if you want to stay longer just extend again

where and when are you going?

With Thai you must have been unlucky Ive been 3 times never asked me once:xxgrinning--00xx3:

triple5
15th February 2010, 20:50
I'll be off to Davao again, with a week in camiguin, hopefully end of april all being well :)

keithAngel
15th February 2010, 23:37
Ah the balot season:icon_lol:

Sim11UK
15th February 2010, 23:52
I'll be off to Davao again, with a week in camiguin, hopefully end of april all being well :)

I'm thinking I want to go to Camiguin again, right now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just apply for your extension, a couple of weeks in to your stay, it wont be a problem...One thing I will mention is, they are quite strict on dress, when you go to the immigration office. Don't wear sandals & shorts, they may not serve you?????? :)

triple5
15th February 2010, 23:58
Ah the balot season

oops, may have to change my dates then :D

I'm thinking I want to go to Camiguin again, right now.
Just apply for your extension, a couple of weeks in to your stay, it wont be a problem...One thing I will mention is, they are quite strict on dress, when you go to the immigration office. Don't wear sandals & shorts, they may not serve you??????

Cheers:xxgrinning--00xx3: Can you recommend any hotels on camiguin? haven't been before, but it looks great.

Sim11UK
16th February 2010, 08:28
Triple
We stayed at Golden Sunset Resort.
Quiet & very relaxing. The rooms are fairly basic, but comfortable & clean.
You can eat outside your rooms, as there are tables and chairs.
It's lovely to wake up & have your breakfast outside, on a beautiful morning, when it's a bit cooler that time of day.

Can't remember how much we paid now, but it was reasonable, not very expensive. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKNUFQrJkXM

fred
16th February 2010, 09:17
You may or may not come across problems when departing on a single ticket these days as the check in desks have been known not to let some people to board ..
Even those travelling with their Filipino spouses and entitled to a Balikbayan stamp on entry..