PDA

View Full Version : Got my ILR :)

Tiggers0608
15th February 2010, 14:59
:xxgrinning--00xx3::):omg::cwm38::cwm12::Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

Hi guys, thanks so much for all your help :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Got my ILR today woohooo... I sent it last 15th of Jan (fri) arrived at the Home Office 18th of Jan (mon) and got it today 15th of Feb (mon) but on my residence permit it say issued 11th of feb woohoooo

:rolleyes: thanks so much for all your help guys , cant thank you enough and can't believe it got my ILR woohooo!

:Erm: Does this means I have access to public funds now or still not :doh:Erm: coz it didn't say on my permit or letter that I can access to public funds :NoNo::D it only says, "Indefinite leave to remain in the UK :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: cheers guys thanks

estherboaz
15th February 2010, 16:26
:xxparty-smiley-050:Congratulations

Florge
15th February 2010, 16:30
that was fast! good for you and congrats!

my FLR application is yet to arrive... gosh! Royal Mail is sooooo slow... been a week now ... argh!

Kju&2
15th February 2010, 16:32

Got my ILR today woohooo... I sent it last 15th of Jan (fri) arrived at the Home Office 18th of Jan (mon) and got it today 15th of Feb (mon) but on my residence permit it say issued 11th of feb woohoooo

:rolleyes: thanks so much for all your help guys , cant thank you enough and can't believe it got my ILR woohooo!

:Erm: Does this means I have access to public funds now or still not :doh:Erm: coz it didn't say on my permit or letter that I can access to public funds :NoNo::D it only says, "Indefinite leave to remain in the UK :)

Hi :Hellooo: and congratulations :D!! I might be wrong but I think you have to be a british citizen to access most public funds. I believe my sister in law couldn't get her child tax credit although she has given birth to my niece here until she became a citizen, at the time it had to go thru my brother's account who was a british citizen.

Arthur Little
15th February 2010, 18:31
Hi :Hellooo: and congratulations :D!! I might be wrong but I think you have to be a british citizen to access most public funds. I believe my sister in law couldn't get her child tax credit although she has given birth to my niece here until she became a citizen, at the time it had to go thru my brother's account who was a british citizen.

Quotation from Wikipedia:

"Unlike people with 'Limited Leave to Remain' [LTR] in the UK, ILR holders *do have access to public funds. The wording 'No Recourse To Public Funds' is not written in holders' visas. As a result, they can claim 'Jobseekers Allowance' and other Benefits, usually available to UK citizens."

:Erm: ... mind you, the reference to the word "citizens" tends to make me wonder about *this ... because 'British Citizenship' is one stage further down the line!

Ann07
15th February 2010, 18:36

congrats:):):)

im waiting for my cit too:doh:doh

Arthur Little
15th February 2010, 18:57

Congratulations, Adel ... and well done! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

According to a Wikipedia article, it DOES! (see my response to Ekk's post). But I'M not entirely convinced this is ACTUALLY [still] the case :NoNo: ... so best check it out with your local jobcentre+!

Arthur Little
15th February 2010, 19:16

Sorry I cannot comment on your sister-in-law's situation, as regards her 'Child Tax Credit', Ekks :ARsurrender: ... except to say that I think it might be worth her while checking with whichever agency is responsible for issuing this allowance :rolleyes: ... just in case she's eligible to receive backdated payments for the period BEFORE she became a British Citizen. Besides, she'll never know :NoNo: unless she tries ...!

Kju&2
15th February 2010, 19:37
Sorry I cannot comment on your sister-in-law's situation, as regards her 'Child Tax Credit', Ekks :ARsurrender: ... except to say that I think it might be worth her while checking with whichever agency is responsible for issuing this allowance :rolleyes: ... just in case she's eligible to receive backdated payments for the period BEFORE she became a British Citizen. Besides, she'll never know :NoNo: unless she tries ...!

Hi Arthur! My sis in law got all of the child tax credit, but what I meant was they won't pay it directly on her account as she wasn't a citizen at the time. My bro who was had to apply for it and the benefits had to be paid on his account and was all under his name :)

Arthur Little
15th February 2010, 20:10
Hi Arthur! My sis in law got all of the child tax credit, but what I meant was they won't pay it directly on her account as she wasn't a citizen at the time. My bro who was had to apply for it and the benefits had to be paid on his account and was all under his name :)

Ahh ... I see! :rolleyes: Still ... the main thing is she managed to get it ALL ... that's good to know! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
15th February 2010, 20:13
Well done tigers another sucess :REGamblMoney01HL1::xxparty-smiley-050::UpYurs:

joebloggs
16th February 2010, 07:18
:Hellooo: good news tiggers

yes you can claim public funds if your entitled to claim it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

it wouldn't say you are entitled on your visa, it would only say on your visa that you have no recourse to public funds, but now you do have recourse to public funds :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
16th February 2010, 08:08

you don't have to be a British citizen, as long as you have ILR you can claim public funds

I think the money can go in her own account but she cannot make a claim on her own if she doesn't have at least ILR, her husband has to make the claim, thou they both have to fill the form in.

but it's probably better if the money goes in his account to reduce any problems.

scottishbride
16th February 2010, 10:10
congrats! Am so happy for you.

pennybarry
16th February 2010, 10:31
'Tol! Thanks for your call yesterday.:xxgrinning--00xx3::Rasp: Me and other friends were in Edinburgh yesterday when you rang me so sorry as we talked too short. We were eating and it was lunchtime lolsssss. But then I shared to them about your fast ILR approval. Maybe it's time for us to go out and treat me. Okey! I'll treat you two weeks from now if you wish. Saan at kailan ehehehhe!

There are benefits that easy to claim but some really hard as we need to pay more and more taxes to have access in claiming good benefits!

liane
16th February 2010, 13:54
Congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
16th February 2010, 14:13

congratulations sis Adel, sorry wasnt able to answer my mobile yesterday I am at work..that was really fast result..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 21:41
:xxparty-smiley-050:Congratulations

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks esther

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 21:42
that was fast! good for you and congrats!

my FLR application is yet to arrive... gosh! Royal Mail is sooooo slow... been a week now ... argh!

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks florge, and good luck , don't worry its on its way to your door as we speak he he he :xxgrinning--00xx3: you'll get your FLR soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 21:47

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks ekks

yeah , your sis-in-law can't claim child tax credit yet only your bro,bcoz she's still on spouse visa just like mine b4 but i guess its better for me that my husband does get the child tax credits bcoz we will end up with no savings at all always shopping for goddies especially its SALES :doh:Erm::D:icon_lol:

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 21:48
congrats:):):)

im waiting for my cit too:doh:doh

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks sis, wow lucky you! :xxgrinning--00xx3: your waiting for citizenship now woohooo good luck sis

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 21:49
Congratulations, Adel ... and well done! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

According to a Wikipedia article, it DOES! (see my response to Ekk's post). But I'M not entirely convinced this is ACTUALLY [still] the case :NoNo: ... so best check it out with your local jobcentre+!

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks Arthur

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 21:50
Well done tigers another sucess :REGamblMoney01HL1::xxparty-smiley-050::UpYurs:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks keithangel

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 21:51
:Hellooo: good news tiggers

yes you can claim public funds if your entitled to claim it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

it wouldn't say you are entitled on your visa, it would only say on your visa that you have no recourse to public funds, but now you do have recourse to public funds :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks joe for all the infos

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 21:52
congrats! Am so happy for you.

thanks scottishbride :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 21:53
Congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks liane

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 21:54
'Tol! Thanks for your call yesterday.:xxgrinning--00xx3::Rasp: Me and other friends were in Edinburgh yesterday when you rang me so sorry as we talked too short. We were eating and it was lunchtime lolsssss. But then I shared to them about your fast ILR approval. Maybe it's time for us to go out and treat me. Okey! I'll treat you two weeks from now if you wish. Saan at kailan ehehehhe!

There are benefits that easy to claim but some really hard as we need to pay more and more taxes to have access in claiming good benefits!

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks tol' , wow e-treat mo me cool :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:rolleyes::) wow where and when kaya hi hi hi :BouncyHappy::Hellooo: thanks tol :cwm38:

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 21:55
congratulations sis Adel, sorry wasnt able to answer my mobile yesterday I am at work..that was really fast result..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks sis and good luck on your application soon, if u need any infos or help , i'll be gladly to help ya :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
16th February 2010, 22:24
:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks sis, wow lucky you! :xxgrinning--00xx3: your waiting for citizenship now woohooo good luck sis

Aye sis..hope wud be as fast as yours hehehe..thanks:D

pennybarry
17th February 2010, 20:25
:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks tol' , wow e-treat mo me cool :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:rolleyes::) wow where and when kaya hi hi hi :BouncyHappy::Hellooo: thanks tol :cwm38:

Any saturday you want.:D
Saigon Saigon Edinburgh. How's that?
Text me 'Tol. Need to sleep!
My first day is knackered, we work 10 hrs/day 4 days/ week so i have my 3days long weekend.:Rasp::BouncyHappy:

Piamed
23rd February 2010, 16:38
Congrats guys! Were about 5 months behind you.

aposhark
23rd February 2010, 21:37
Hi,

Rochelyn is doing all of the 55 on-line tests from http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/1
She is doing quite well in them.

Can someone tell us if these questions are current for the test?

It says "...........the test is based on chapters 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 of a revised handbook (second edition) "Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship" "

Tiggers0608
27th February 2010, 09:28
Aye sis..hope wud be as fast as yours hehehe..thanks:D

:xxgrinning--00xx3: it will be on its way sis and deliver on your way :) have a good day

Tiggers0608
27th February 2010, 09:31
Any saturday you want.:D
Saigon Saigon Edinburgh. How's that?
Text me 'Tol. Need to sleep!
My first day is knackered, we work 10 hrs/day 4 days/ week so i have my 3days long weekend.:Rasp::BouncyHappy:

:omg: wow 4 days in a row and 10 hrs you must be tired tol' :doh, good luck on your job tol' and i'll try to go to edinburgh , hope i wont get lost :icon_lol:

Tiggers0608
27th February 2010, 09:31
Congrats guys! Were about 5 months behind you.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks piamed and good luck when you apply for ILR

Tiggers0608
27th February 2010, 09:40
Hi,

Rochelyn is doing all of the 55 on-line tests from http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/1
She is doing quite well in them.

Can someone tell us if these questions are current for the test?

It says "...........the test is based on chapters 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 of a revised handbook (second edition) "Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship" "

:Erm: Usually the question is more about where your taking the test, if your from england/scotland/wales/north ireland, and the rest is common knowledge :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: I'll give ya examples:
populations
constitutions
religion
road speed
immigrations

good luck to rochelyn ... the test is easy if you did your reviews, its not easy if you will dont do any reviews :D but i think rochelyn will be fine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I only did my review 3 nights before my exam :D:rolleyes: :Erm: but i passed lol, only 1 question that I'm no sure of.

aposhark
1st March 2010, 21:29
Thanks for your reply Tiggers0608