PDA

View Full Version : help needed regarding fiancee visa

jch271085
15th February 2010, 01:39
Hi i am engaged to a pinay who is currently living in the Philippines still. I have been there to visit her twice and we now have a child together. We have been dating for 11 months now. I would like to get her a visa to live in London with me. I would like you to help me with how i could make this possible and what my chances are. I have flew over there twice to see her. We have a child together. There are some more info you may need to know. She is married to a pinoy but they are seperated and he is in a different country now. She was forced into marriage after got preg at young age. Will her being married effect her chances of a visa? she has studied at college level but did not graduate i think 1 term away from graduation. Please inbox me or reply to this thread with what i would need to get her a visa and what my chances are. I am in urgent need of help

darren-b
15th February 2010, 08:37
Unfortunately without getting her previous marriage annulled or at least in the final stages of being annulled she has no chance of getting a fiancee visa to come to the UK. You could consider trying to go down the student visa route, but that may not be easy. Though to be honest you're better to sort out her previous marriage.

Arthur Little
15th February 2010, 12:11
:bigcry: Sadly, I cannot add anything further to what my co-forumer has already said ... except to :welcomex: you to the forum ... and wish you the best of luck with your fiancee's prospective annulment. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
15th February 2010, 13:09
Has your child got a UK passport?

Her husband being in another country may be conjecture if for example he had not been in touch for 4 years then she could file for presumtive death of her spouse.

Failing that she will have to go the Annulment route there being no divorce in the Phils.

In the meantime and with costs and your personal finances to take into account with your child registered she might apply for an interim visit visa this is mostly going to be a funds issue if you want to resolve it as quickly as possible. and cant go there:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
15th February 2010, 14:20
as others have said, her previous marriage must be annulled or go and live with her for 2 years and it might be possible to apply for an unmarried partner visa (probably the most difficult visa to get thou and the phils authorities might not like it if they find out) or it might be possible to get her here on a sudent visa, live togther and apply for a unmarried partner visa (not easy again and will cost a bit for student fees :yikes:)

how old is your g/f ?

IainBusby
15th February 2010, 17:18
Hi i am engaged to a pinay who is currently living in the Philippines still. I have been there to visit her twice and we now have a child together. We have been dating for 11 months now. I would like to get her a visa to live in London with me. I would like you to help me with how i could make this possible and what my chances are. I have flew over there twice to see her. We have a child together. There are some more info you may need to know. She is married to a pinoy but they are seperated and he is in a different country now. She was forced into marriage after got preg at young age. Will her being married effect her chances of a visa? she has studied at college level but did not graduate i think 1 term away from graduation. Please inbox me or reply to this thread with what i would need to get her a visa and what my chances are. I am in urgent need of help

If the ex- husband has been gone for a long time then maybe she should look at getting a Declaration of Presumptive Death for the Purposes of Remarriage. Chapter 3 Article 41 of THE FAMILY CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES

It states that if she hasn't seen him for more than four years, or two years if the last time she seen him was in dangerous circumstances, then she can get out of the marriage this way and it's both quicker and cheaper than an annulment. Although most women who use this route this have usually seen the ex in less than four years, it doesn't seem to matter much because the attorneys usually manage to fix it so it looks like they haven't.
Iain.