PDA

View Full Version : Ako Ay Pilipino

bless.books
14th February 2010, 14:15
Hello Filipino/Pilipino out there!

I've been wanting to post this thread - for a long long time - this is not just in answer/response to some threads I read before but in clamor to find if there is/are Filipino/Filipinos around, still and Proud to be One! I am proud to be and will always be.

I cried when I watch at youtube (I searched for it) the Ako Ay Pilipino of Kuh Ledesma. This song, I love/adored since I sung this in one of our school concerts I wish I could put the link, but I cannot because of Forum Rules ...

There's more to say but it's hard to pour it all here. Why there is always misunderstandings, why, there is always misconceptions, why there is always this jumping into conclusion ... when after all we are all Filipinos!

aromulus
14th February 2010, 14:22
I cried when I watch at youtube (I searched for it) the Ako Ay Pilipino of Kuh Ledesma. This song, I love/adored since I sung this in one of our school concerts I wish I could put the link, but I cannot because of Forum Rules ...

Here you are....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Although I am sure that you can post links by now, looking at your post count....:rolleyes:

No adverts, tho....:NoNo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K46UVjrIfvQ

bless.books
15th February 2010, 15:15
Here you are....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Although I am sure that you can post links by now, looking at your post count....:rolleyes: No adverts, tho....:NoNo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K46UVjrIfvQ

Hello aromulus! Many thanks for putting this link :D ... It is moving, well to me anyway ...

bless.books
15th February 2010, 15:28
But in clamor to find if there is/are Filipino/Filipinos around, still and Proud to be One! I am proud to be and will always be. I cried when I watch at youtube (I searched for it) the Ako Ay Pilipino of Kuh Ledesma. Why there is always misunderstandings, why, there is always misconceptions, why there is always this jumping into conclusion ... when after all we are all Filipinos!

Further to what I said, of course there are so many Filipinos on this Forums (silly of me to ask) if to say by birth - :D neither my fault nor yours :D ...

But to stress my point, I would like to hear from Filipinos in the deepest sense of the word ...

Florge
15th February 2010, 16:35
very proud to be Pinoy... that's who I am and that's how I will always be... I may change my citizenship, which gives me legal rights, but would still be Pinoy by heart.. I still cook Pinoy food and even speak Filipino when emotions are high...

When I think, I think in Filipino.. when I pray, I pray in Filipino too... there may be a whole load of faults for being Pinoy but there are lots to be proud of as well... we are just like any other nationality who are also proud to be who they are... regardless of where they are...

bornatbirth
15th February 2010, 16:59
When I think, I think in Filipino.. when I pray, I pray in Filipino too...

when you nag, you nag in filipino....when you drive, you drive like a filipino...:rolleyes:

triple5
15th February 2010, 17:26
I'll be very surprised if you find a Filipino who isn't proud to be Filipino. I'm yet to meet one.

bless.books
15th February 2010, 18:22
very proud to be Pinoy... that's who I am and that's how I will always be... I may change my citizenship, which gives me legal rights, but would still be Pinoy by heart.. I still cook Pinoy food and even speak Filipino when emotions are high ... When I think, I think in Filipino.. when I pray, I pray in Filipino too... there may be a whole load of faults for being Pinoy but there are lots to be proud of as well... we are just like any other nationality who are also proud to be who they are... regardless of where they are...

Hello Florge! Thanks. Good to hear and to hear you being Filipino is refreshing. Yes, like any other nationalities, of course and sure they will be proud of theirs - who they are/what they are :D ... At one time, one thread was closed bec of diversion of the topic. I do not wish that to happen :D:NoNo:

Have you seen the link? Were you moved by the song?

bless.books
17th February 2010, 18:56
when you nag, you nag in filipino....when you drive, you drive like a filipino...:rolleyes:

Hedllo bornabirth! I don't think there is a nationality with re: to nagging/driving, I think that is down to pernonality but if there is

I think British Men would prefer to have a nagging Filipino Wife than a nagging British Wife :omg::D:ARsurrender:

If I may say, this is not a comparison of some kind and I do not seek any lambasting of one nationalilty or the other. I just want to see/know/hear from Filipino how Filipino they are/were ...

Florge
17th February 2010, 22:06

when i nag, i nag in English... the hubby has to understand... when i drive, i drive like a Brit.. really slow... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
17th February 2010, 22:07
Hello Florge! Thanks. Good to hear and to hear you being Filipino is refreshing. Yes, like any other nationalities, of course and sure they will be proud of theirs - who they are/what they are :D ... At one time, one thread was closed bec of diversion of the topic. I do not wish that to happen :D:NoNo:

Have you seen the link? Were you moved by the song?

yes.. saw it.... thanks for reminding me of my roots... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pocahontas
18th February 2010, 18:49
will comment later...out of time.. but for the mean time i want to say that i do love the song of AKO'Y PINOY i started to sing this song today when i saw this post even without reading the message yet..

pennybarry
20th February 2010, 10:25
I am filipino we are filipino.:D
Even if we wear french coat we still look like a filipino.:D
Some colour their hair into blond but still looks filipino because our eyes is black.:omg:
If we colour our hair into blond, wear blue contact lense, with french coat on, hmmmm don't speak our language and cover your nose. Don't be obvious sssshhhh :icon_lol:

Even if we got british passport, we can feel we really still a filipino.
But we will be happy to get one to use it. :icon_lol:
And the feeling is the same.
Tayo ay filipino

Sa isip, sa diwa, at sa gawa!

pocahontas
20th February 2010, 21:54
I am filipino we are filipino.:D
Even if we wear french coat we still look like a filipino.:D
Some colour their hair into blond but still looks filipino because our eyes is black.:omg:
If we colour our hair into blond, wear blue contact lense, with french coat on, hmmmm don't speak our language and cover your nose. Don't be obvious sssshhhh :icon_lol:

Even if we got british passport, we can feel we really still a filipino.
But we will be happy to get one to use it. :icon_lol:
And the feeling is the same.
Tayo ay filipino

Sa isip, sa diwa, at sa gawa!

haha aproved po ako diyan..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bless.books
20th February 2010, 23:13
I'll be very surprised if you find a Filipino who isn't proud to be Filipino. I'm yet to meet one.

Hello triple5! You are, right and anyone of any race/nationalily will be proud of what/who they are :D ...

But talking about being Filipino, I have yet to find out whether we are really Filipino, and what really is Filipino to Filipinos?

bless.books
26th February 2010, 03:05
yes.. saw it.... thanks for reminding me of my roots... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello Florge! I felt a bit nationalistic and I remember the song we had back in school days ...:)

bless.books
26th February 2010, 03:08
will comment later...out of time.. but for the mean time i want to say that i do love the song of AKO'Y PINOY i started to sing this song today when i saw this post even without reading the message yet..

Hello pocahontas! Thank you for this short note and for loving the song ... I love the song - it ignites the Filipino me ...

bless.books
26th February 2010, 03:21
Tayo ay filipino Sa isip, sa diwa, at sa gawa!

Hello pennybarry! I like that adage ... napaka-makabayan ... iniisip ko lang, ano ba talaga ang Pinoy? Parang napakalawak at napakalalim kung tutuunan ng pansin.

Anyway, just something to ponder about ...

pennybarry
27th February 2010, 09:42
Hello pennybarry! I like that adage ... napaka-makabayan ... iniisip ko lang, ano ba talaga ang Pinoy? Parang napakalawak at napakalalim kung tutuunan ng pansin.

Anyway, just something to ponder about ...

Well! Talagang malalim kasi di ko din maintindihan kapag sinasabi nila na british ka na instead na british citizen ka na.:D magkaiba yun di ba!:icon_lol:
Marami rin sa atin na ayaw ng balikan ang kahirapan kaya't mas pipiliin pang tawagin silang briton.
Subali't sa tingin ko, gaano man tayo kaligaya sa ibang bansa,
may itinatago ka pa rin sa isang sulok ng iyong puso.
Ako ay isang pinoy! Hindi ako plastik sa aking nararamdaman!

somebody
27th February 2010, 19:38
Hedllo bornabirth! I don't think there is a nationality with re: to nagging/driving, I think that is down to pernonality but if there is

I think British Men would prefer to have a nagging Filipino Wife than a nagging British Wife :omg::D:ARsurrender:

If I may say, this is not a comparison of some kind and I do not seek any lambasting of one nationalilty or the other. I just want to see/know/hear from Filipino how Filipino they are/were ...

I know plenty of Britsh Men who dont want a Filipino Wife and happy with their Wife/partner wherever they are from. Theres a good few Pinoys who like British Ladies as evidence on this site and what i see even in my local Tescos :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
27th February 2010, 19:49
Theres a good few Pinoys who like British Ladies as evidence on this site and what i see even in my local Tescos :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tesco..... Every little thing helps....:D

Never noticed Pinoys on the shelves yet...:rolleyes:

somebody
27th February 2010, 20:18
Tesco..... Every little thing helps....:D

Never noticed Pinoys on the shelves yet...:rolleyes:

The ones i refering to seem to be relationships so i guess therefore not on the shelf:D

bless.books
2nd March 2010, 01:33
Well! Talagang malalim kasi di ko din maintindihan kapag sinasabi nila na british ka na instead na british citizen ka na.:D magkaiba yun di ba!:icon_lol: marami rin sa atin na ayaw ng balikan ang kahirapan kaya't mas pipiliin pang tawagin silang briton. Subali't sa tingin ko, gaano man tayo kaligaya sa ibang bansa, may itinatago ka pa rin sa isang sulok ng iyong puso. Ako ay isang pinoy! Hindi ako plastik sa aking nararamdaman!

Hello pennybarry! Grabe, :D ang lalim namang tagalog and lalim din ng dating. Kahit anong gawin natin, mabago man ang anyo, ang isip, ang pamumuhay - tanggapin man o hindi - o katanggap tanggap man or hindi - TAYO AY PILIPINO. Ang tanong: nasaan na tayo, nasaan na kayo?

Ang kahirap sa atin, kahirapan din naman dito.

Nakakatuwang malaman na mayroong Pilipino magmamalaki na Pilipino sila/tayo.

bless.books
2nd March 2010, 01:44
I know plenty of Britsh Men who dont want a Filipino Wife and happy with their Wife/partner wherever they are from. Theres a good few Pinoys who like British Ladies as evidence on this site and what i see even in my local Tescos :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello somebody! Thanks for sharing in. Yes, there are all sorts :D ... my reply refers to the nagging Filipina wife compared to nagging British wife - it's tongue and cheek :D

Being good at English language (very good command of English) is not the same as being born to English - making nagging British Wife different to nagging Filipino Wife. :D

bless.books
2nd March 2010, 01:46
Tesco..... Every little thing helps....:D SIZE=4]Never noticed Pinoys on the shelves yet...:rolleyes:[/SIZE]

Hello aromulus! Same here, :D:NoNo: ...

pennybarry
2nd March 2010, 20:09
Hello pennybarry! Grabe, :D ang lalim namang tagalog and lalim din ng dating. Kahit anong gawin natin, mabago man ang anyo, ang isip, ang pamumuhay - tanggapin man o hindi - o katanggap tanggap man or hindi - TAYO AY PILIPINO. Ang tanong: nasaan na tayo, nasaan na kayo?

Ang kahirap sa atin, kahirapan din naman dito.

Nakakatuwang malaman na mayroong Pilipino magmamalaki na Pilipino sila/tayo.

Hi Blessbuk! Kung tayo ay isinilang at lumaki sa lupang dayuhan,
Maaring sa isip at gawa, tayo ay hindi Filipino.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tunay ka! kahirapan din dito. Dito ko naranasan ang kakaibang trabaho.
Mahirap din kung naaalala mo ang mahal mo sa buhay pati na rin ang pagkain na iyong kinagiliwan.
Mahirap maging magulang, walang yaya o katulong man.

Filipino, itaas mo! Ating Kultura ay dala mo!:)