PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

Kju&2
13th February 2010, 02:16
Just signed up to this forum... so hiya everyone! :erotic4:

I've been in England for 11 years now so am now a british citizen but I still go back to the Philippines every other year to visit. There is no place like home :BouncyHappy:

bornatbirth
13th February 2010, 02:24
welcome here, your a new comer to the forum but not to these shore's and your right there's no place like home! :D :D

i guess you still miss home? :bigcry:

Kju&2
13th February 2010, 02:28
Hi Bornatbirth! Definitely, specially during winter!! Hate the winter blues! What I wouldn't give to go to the Philippines right now and go to a spa and go down the beach. If you don't mind me asking - how did you add the "i have learnt to do what my wife says!" bit on your profile?

bornatbirth
13th February 2010, 02:33
goto the blue bar above and click UserCP and edit signature. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

your not use to the cold weather yet after 11 year's? :Erm:

Kju&2
13th February 2010, 02:40
goto the blue bar above and click UserCP and edit signature. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

your not use to the cold weather yet after 11 year's? :Erm:

Thank you very much. I know it sounds strange but I think it's something you don't just get used to. I mean I can tolerate it and wear something warm but in terms of preference - I don't like feeling cold :D Plus the sun just puts you in a very good mood doesn't it? Have you noticed all the miserable people around during winter? Almost everyone's in a better mood during summer :BouncyHappy: (par those people who are just too hard to please!!)

Doc Alan
13th February 2010, 05:26
Have you noticed all the miserable people around during winter? Almost everyone's in a better mood during summer :BouncyHappy:

You're not alone ! We even have a name for it - Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD):omg: It affects up to 1 in 10 of us and it's due to lack of light affecting the brain chemistry. The further you are from the equator the commoner it gets :bigcry:. Some animals solve the problem by hibernation :)But for us the answer is to get more light, either artificial lighting at home, or getting out during daylight - it's actually less common when there's snow around ! If it's really bad (and you can't take a holiday in the Philippines or other sunny country) then antidepressants or the hormone melatonin may help ...but most people just improve when Spring reappears !:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
13th February 2010, 11:24
I know it sounds strange but I think it's something you don't just get used to. I mean I can tolerate it and wear something warm but in terms of preference - I don't like feeling cold

i tend to agree after spending 3 week's with my wife in the philipine's, i got home to a dark cold wet night and when i went to bed i was shaking from the cold, it took me a few week's to get use to the cold :36_1_26[1]:

Kju&2
13th February 2010, 14:57
You're not alone ! We even have a name for it - Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD):omg: It affects up to 1 in 10 of us and it's due to lack of light affecting the brain chemistry. The further you are from the equator the commoner it gets :bigcry:. Some animals solve the problem by hibernation :)But for us the answer is to get more light, either artificial lighting at home, or getting out during daylight - it's actually less common when there's snow around ! If it's really bad (and you can't take a holiday in the Philippines or other sunny country) then antidepressants or the hormone melatonin may help ...but most people just improve when Spring reappears !:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you, I am familiar with the term :D It's better now though as it doesn't get dark as early so I'm sure things'll get better. Nice to meet you :cwm12:

Kju&2
13th February 2010, 15:06
i tend to agree after spending 3 week's with my wife in the philipine's, i got home to a dark cold wet night and when i went to bed i was shaking from the cold, it took me a few week's to get use to the cold :36_1_26[1]:

Whereabouts in the philippines is your wife from? :BouncyHappy: I am from Manila and haven't really been to a lot of provinces / islands / places in the Philippines which is a shame. I've only been to Boracay, Pearl Farm in Davao, Bulacan, Baguio, Tagaytay, Subic and Laguna. So not a lot of places really considering there are 7,100 islands in there :doh

Will try and save up though and take my boyfriend to Cebu, Bohol, Palawan and Calaguas in the future :)

Oh by the way, do you guys know that people who has uploaded their own profile pictures in here have their pictures saved up on the avatar page? I'm a bit concerned about that 'cos frankly, I don't want anyone else to be able to use my picture. I wonder what the mods are going to do about this privacy issue.....

AndyH
13th February 2010, 18:43
Welcome EKKS :BouncyHappy:

Kju&2
13th February 2010, 18:45
Welcome EKKS :BouncyHappy:

Aww thank you very much Andy :smileybigtmouth:

Arthur Little
13th February 2010, 19:49
:welcomex: to the Filipino/UK Forum, Ekks ... as its name implies, the forum has been specially-designed for the purpose of promoting the already great relationship that exists between our two nations. Enjoy the fellowship here!

Kju&2
13th February 2010, 20:14
:welcomex: to the Filipino/UK Forum, Ekks ... as its name implies, the forum has been specially-designed for the purpose of promoting the already great relationship that exists between our two nations. Enjoy the fellowship here!

Hi Arthur. I agree :) Thank you very much for your very warm welcome :cwm12:

South-east boy
14th February 2010, 21:43
Hi and welcome! What is your first name by the way? You came here at quite a young age then?! Did you meet your boyfriend here?

Kju&2
15th February 2010, 14:17
Hi and welcome! What is your first name by the way? You came here at quite a young age then?! Did you meet your boyfriend here?

Hi. My name is Ekks :D lol. Yes I met my boyfriend here 5 years ago at work. Thank you for your warm welcome :cwm12:

jam07
15th February 2010, 14:24
Hi Ekks! welcome here :) your pretty :)

Kju&2
15th February 2010, 14:27
Hi Ekks! welcome here :) your pretty :)

Hi Jam! Thank you very much! I finally have a woman member welcome me here! YAY!:BouncyHappy: Thank you again :cwm12:

liane
15th February 2010, 14:27
Welcome to the forum Ekks:)

Kju&2
15th February 2010, 14:29
Welcome to the forum Ekks:)

Hi Liane! Thank you very much :) Nice to meet you

Kju&2
15th February 2010, 20:56
Thank you Triple5 and Arthur for giving me my first two rep points :D YAY!!

South-east boy
15th February 2010, 23:14
Hi. My name is Ekks :D lol. Yes I met my boyfriend here 5 years ago at work. Thank you for your warm welcome :cwm12:

Sorry for asking your name! :icon_lol: Just that it's quite unusual and not heard of it before! :doh

Kju&2
15th February 2010, 23:59
Sorry for asking your name! :icon_lol: Just that it's quite unusual and not heard of it before! :doh

LOL sorry I was just playing :icon_lol:. But people do know me as Ekks.. Erika's my real name but that's 3 syllables and toooo long so Ekks is good:xxgrinning--00xx3: