PDA

View Full Version : visa for emma

stevewool
12th February 2010, 16:31
hi help needed , we are trying to fill the forms in for a fiancee visa for my female partner to come to england but are stuck,the part about dates to come here and flights and arranging the marrige , are the dates fexible or what i put down are set in stone,do i have to book the flight and pay for it before applying for the visa,and what if they refuse do i lose the money for the flight, and the date for the wedding also if they refuse i will lose the deposit, we have sorted everything else out we think a years worth of telephone calls ,bt skype and rebtel, pictures of us together in the phils lots of dates ,bank details can i remove my accont number and sort code before sending them or is it safe any other imformation would be great thanks steve

Bluebirdjones
12th February 2010, 16:58
dates to come here
From the date u submit, it's gonna take @4 weeks .... so I'd suggest a date 6-7 weeks fwd

do i have to book the flight
NO

and the date for the wedding
Technically impossible to do, as she needs to be present to be interviewed by the registrar.
So, just put .... "as soon as practically possible after arrival in the UK"

can i remove my account number and sort code
Yes, u can BLANK them out..... the account number at least.
I'd suggest u put in a covering letter to the ECO, stating that you will release this info to him
if he calls you, or sends you an e-mail as you are worried about identity theft / fraud.
(It'll never happen)

stevewool
12th February 2010, 17:05
dates to come here
From the date u submit, it's gonna take @4 weeks .... so I'd suggest a date 6-7 weeks fwd

do i have to book the flight
NO

and the date for the wedding
Technically impossible to do, as she needs to be present to be interviewed by the registrar.
So, just put .... "as soon as practically possible after arrival in the UK"

can i remove my account number and sort code
Yes, u can BLANK them out..... the account number at least.
I'd suggest u put in a covering letter to the ECO, stating that you will release this info to him
if he calls you, or sends you an e-mail as you are worried about identity theft / fraud.
(It'll never happen)

so easy when you read it common sense too but it reads so frightening when you dont want to get it wrong thanks again

Arthur Little
12th February 2010, 18:23
Too true, Steve ... at between £550 & £600 a time, :cwm24: most applicants can ill-afford to make mistakes!

:iagree: with Bluebirdjones ... whose [now] wife, herself came here on a fiancee visa. However, for what it's worth, I was staying in the Phils when MY wife applied for her spousal visa during the third week of January last year. And, since I was scheduled to return to the UK on February 19, we put THAT date on her application form, in the vain hope she would accompany me; in the event, her visa was granted 3 days after I arrived home.

So, to my mind, applicants are being asked THIS particular question purely from the point of view of giving the Embassy a rough idea of when your partner would LIKE to travel, then - presumably depending on its workload around that particular time - she may (or may not) receive her visa before the date specified. Good Luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
12th February 2010, 19:41
Too true, Steve ... at between £550 & £600 a time, :cwm24: most applicants can ill-afford to make mistakes!

:iagree: with Bluebirdjones ... whose [now] wife, herself came here on a fiancee visa. However, for what it's worth, I was staying in the Phils when MY wife applied for her spousal visa during the third week of January last year. And, since I was scheduled to return to the UK on February 19, we put THAT date on her application form, in the vain hope she would accompany me; in the event, her visa was granted 3 days after I arrived home.

So, to my mind, applicants are being asked THIS particular question purely from the point of view of giving the Embassy a rough idea of when your partner would LIKE to travel, then - presumably depending on its workload around that particular time - she may (or may not) receive her visa before the date specified. Good Luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

the cost is worth it if it all happens we are hoping to live in the phils one day say 7 to 8 years just saving so hard for our future, its just knowing whats the best, emma is looking for work abroad but the cost upfront they are asking thousands of pounds so we thought try this, we have known each other over 2 years and have meet also, how do i get more things on this site also thanks , steve