PDA

View Full Version : Up to date phone call rates ?

mistermatty
8th February 2010, 09:05
Have read the sticky at the top of this section and saw the 7 p rate ....was just wondering if anyone had any up to date reviews on decent value services to ring a Pinnoy cell phone ?

I am finiding that many of the low cost rates are a sham when you call them and they then give you a higher price number to ring :cwm23:

Cheers in advance

KeithD
8th February 2010, 09:48
I am finiding that many of the low cost rates are a sham when you call them and they then give you a higher price number to ring :cwm23:

Cheers in advance
All phone cards have more than one number to dial. You use the freephone number which costs more per minute, or your local number, and then you pay your phone company per minute usage. That has always been the case. In most cases your are charged a weekly usage fee as well. All this is explained on the majority of phone card sites.

justchecking
8th February 2010, 16:40
I use 'ratebuster' 08718840000 override number from my landline, then call my husbands mobile when it states 'greeting mortal' - you pay 8p per minute from the moment the override number is connected, so if you can't get through to the mobile you are still charged from the initial connection to the override number....

abby
8th February 2010, 17:20
hi there!

regarding with the lowest phone call rate PI, im using the service from lebara network.. I bought a lebara sim card then top up and its ready to phone PI mobile or landline cost 10p/minute.. No operator, its direct call!

johncar54
8th February 2010, 17:25
We only use VOIP, voipblast.com is the cheapest we have found.

Although it charges 3.9 euro cents connection, one can go phone to phone for no additional charge. That's from Spain, no reason to think UK would be any more.

Of course calls to most 'western world ' countries are free, just the 3.9 cents, and calls from Pinas to UK etc are free too, but of course one needs a computer to make the link.

mistermatty
10th February 2010, 09:12
I use 'ratebuster' 08718840000 override number from my landline, then call my husbands mobile when it states 'greeting mortal' - you pay 8p per minute from the moment the override number is connected, so if you can't get through to the mobile you are still charged from the initial connection to the override number....

This is a good expamle of what i was referring to in my original post as this number is not accesabile today grrrrr

aidaaida
10th February 2010, 13:51
I check on MoneySavingexpert.com (Go to Utilities/Phones then International Call Checker) every couple of weeks for cheapest rates. At the moment 0871 772 8383 or 0871 772 4040 is 7p per minute. Not long ago cheapest was 4p per minute.