PDA

View Full Version : Missed the rent!

GaryFifer
5th February 2010, 17:08
Just need to discuss experience with a bit of crisis this month.

Jessica lives in Angeles City.

Moved away from smelly bahot house which was 2000 a month. Now Jessica lives in a 2 bedroom apartment. This was needed for the 2 kids, and my infant and teenager.

So I am a bit late this month, cos I am skint:ARsurrender: But the rent lady has been unsympathetic and wants Jessica and Connor out of her ear. :furious3:

She is threatening to take all the things in the house. Can this be done? I do not think rent agreements are there.

I put down 15,000 (2 monthly deposit on a house and 1 rent paid for the month 5000)

Tonet
5th February 2010, 17:25
Your 2 months deposit and 1 month advance is supposed to be used if: (1)you cant pay your rent but you have to put it back when you manage, (2) last 3 months rent before you leave (3) money you can take back if you leave earlier than 3 months (the last one of course depends on the owner sometimes they wont give it back to you.. they will say you didnt let them know early...

That is based on my experience coz we rent out rooms in Manila but i think that rule is a general rule that everybody knows. We dont have contract as well but we always give receipt when tenants pay.

If she has been given receipts and she kept it then the landlord cant take stuff out because you still have the down payment meaning your mahal doesnt owe money to the landlord.

GaryFifer
5th February 2010, 17:34
Thank you very much Tonet. I just worried about her emotions :crazy: :76:
She only owes money from 2 weeks ago. It is probably overreaction due to :bigcry::crazy::Brick:

sheldon1
5th February 2010, 17:47
I RENT AN APARTMENT IN ANGELES CITY. IT COSTS P9OOO A MONTH. MY LANLADY IS VERY UNDERSTANDING AND IF I PAY A LITTLE LATE SHE DONT MIND. I HAVE MY WIFE IN THE HOUSE AND TWO CHILDREN. MY ADVICE TO YOU IS CONSIDER GETTING A NEW APARTMENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOR YOUR FAMILY. THIS LANDLADY IS NOT FLEXIBLE AT ALL, AND THAT IS A VERY BAD SIGN. IN THE PAST I HAD LANDLADY LIKE THAT, WHEN MY WIFE TRIED TO MOVE SHE TRIED TO TAKE THE TV. SHE HAD NO RIGHT TO DO THIS, BUT ANGELES CITY IS A VERY CLOSE NIT COMMUNITY, AND YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFULL. YOUR WIFE OUT THERE WILL NOT LIKE TO BE CONFRONTED BY THE LANDLADY OR HER FAMILY. i DONT KNOW IF YOUR WIFE IS FROM PAMPANGA OR HAS FRIENDS THERE. IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE LET ME KNOW AS I AM VERY WELL CONNECTED IN A.C. GOOD LUCK..

keithAngel
5th February 2010, 20:33
I would agree once your landlady wants you out for whatever reason you should look for another place whilst consuming as much of the deposit as posible on rent electric etc and being pleasant even if you dont feel it:furious3::)

beth18
7th February 2010, 22:37
I am always delayed with my rent, I have been staying in my apartment for 6 years now and what made me stay is with the owners understanding at times I am not just delayed but months with out payments I usally pay her 3 or 4 months in one time.

Sometimes with people knowing that finances are coming abroad they really think that we are all well off and they expect too much.

Does your wife doesnt like to move to other place? well somewhere not in Angeles if its not her home town.