PDA

View Full Version : marriage contract from the NSO

sparky
23rd January 2010, 23:03
just how long do this lot take to process a marraige.

we are still waiting from the 12th december for ours to be returned on the official paper so we can submit the visa application

i want Myrna to be over here at the latest the end of march so realistically we need to be submitting the visa mid feb at the latest

LEAHnew
24th January 2010, 07:55
Hello first of All Congratulation:xxgrinning--00xx3:
The standard waiting time for NSO marriage certificate is 3 months if u want earlier pay additional for endorsement tell you wife to talk to the Civil Registry Officer about it, be sure she's talking the right person:rolleyes::doh

I guess Aposhark thread may help u:xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=11454&highlight=endorsement+marriage&page=2
Goodluck:)

justchecking
24th January 2010, 22:31
We waited just over 3 months last year (although they said it would take only 1), and others on here have had the same experience

Just hang in there - you will get it eventually!

Arthur Little
24th January 2010, 23:43
Interesting to note that YOUR wife and MINE share the same christian name!

:iagree: ... this NSO requirement is a pain in the :butthead:! Sometimes getting the marriage certificate authorised in this way, seems to take even longer than having the actual spouse visa processed! :doh And I understand that the blame for the hold-up can quite often be laid at the "feet" of the Catholic Chuch ... which has a tendency to issue certificates rather more intermittenly - and in bulk - as opposed to, say when the ceremony is a Civil one conducted by a judge, and the record passed to the local Municipal Registrar for onward transmission up the line to the National Statistics Office in Manila.

Hope you don't have too long to wait. :cwm24:

yam
25th January 2010, 00:58
In our case, After our marriage on january 1,2010, we submitted and registered it to the NSO on Jan.4 and waited for about 3 weeks then after 3 weeks the civil registrar said that we can request an NSO copy. So i requested last friday and they said I can have it by this week.

sparky
25th January 2010, 01:26
Interesting to note that YOUR wife and MINE share the same christian name!

:iagree: ... this NSO requirement is a pain in the :butthead:! Sometimes getting the marriage certificate authorised in this way, seems to take even longer than having the actual spouse visa processed! :doh And I understand that the blame for the hold-up can quite often be laid at the "feet" of the Catholic Chuch ... which has a tendency to issue certificates rather more intermittenly - and in bulk - as opposed to, say when the ceremony is a Civil one conducted by a judge, and the record passed to the local Municipal Registrar for onward transmission up the line to the National Statistics Office in Manila.

Hope you don't have too long to wait. :cwm24:

we must both have good taste :BouncyHappy:

we had a civil ceremony so i thought we would have got it by now (ish )

due to my work and her being in the sticks its not easy keeping in touch by text - i just want her over here as we have important baby making business to attend to :omg:

vbkelly
25th January 2010, 10:14
just how long do this lot take to process a marraige.

we are still waiting from the 12th december for ours to be returned on the official paper so we can submit the visa application

i want Myrna to be over here at the latest the end of march so realistically we need to be submitting the visa mid feb at the latest

hi congratulation to both of you!!
don't wait to the NSO to return your marraige contract once they recieved your MC you can go there by the next day in NSO office to get a certified photo copy.

justchecking
25th January 2010, 10:58
I married in a civil ceremony - a judge, the local certificate first goes to the civil registrar at the municipality to be signed and stamped, then they send it to their local NSO office (when they get round to it), then at some point it goes to Manila, and has to come all the way back down the line - it may be quick if you go direct to NSO in manila with your local certificate maybe - but I think this still has to be authorised by the civil registrar

Arthur Little
25th January 2010, 12:07
we must both have good taste :BouncyHappy:

:iagree:

we had a civil ceremony so i thought we would have got it by now (ish )

We did too ... to avoid the delay I mentioned in my previous post ... having been married on December 8, 2008. Our NSO-verified certificate became available on 19 January, 2009 ... just in time for my wife to lodge her visa application with VFS the following morning.

i just want her over here as we have important baby making business to attend to :omg:

I understand! :)

sars_notd_virus
26th January 2010, 08:01
I had mine in 3weeks!!
Once u got ur MC ..get endorsement from ur local civil registrar and mail to NSO

aposhark
26th January 2010, 10:02
Hi sparky,

It took Rochelyn a couple of months to get the NSO certificate.
It was much longer to get than the Visa for us.

The NSO seems to wind many people up.

It will come.

Make sure you make about 4 copies, they will come in handy.

sparky
18th February 2010, 01:48
finally got it an shes on her way to manila to start the visa process

took 2 months all in ut there was xmas an new year within that time so not too ba i guess

Arthur Little
18th February 2010, 02:36

:) I'm glad to hear that ... Congratulations!

took 2 months all in ut there was xmas an new year within that time so not too ba i guess

Even so ... that's STILL too :censored: long to wait, IMO. Good luck with the visa application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sparky
18th February 2010, 02:53
:) I'm glad to hear that ... Congratulations!

Even so ... that's STILL too :censored: long to wait, IMO. Good luck with the visa application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

well thanks for that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

- an if your feeling particularly bore you may want to answer my question in the visa section
:D

Arthur Little
18th February 2010, 03:02
well thanks for that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

- an if your feeling particularly bore you may want to answer my question in the visa section
:D

:Erm: ... well, let's say I TRIED ... albeit maybe not altogether satisfactorily! :rolleyes:

liane
18th February 2010, 04:15
I got our marriage certificate 4 days after we got married. My husband was able to bring some copies with him. I was glad they were true to their words when they said that it will be ready after few days :D
I already had my CFO and had passport renewal using my married name. There will be some delay on passport releasing though, I will have it after 2 weeks :rolleyes:

liane
18th February 2010, 04:18

You completed the documents fast:)

sparky
18th February 2010, 04:28
You completed the documents fast:)

:Erm:

johncar54
18th February 2010, 09:31
When ours was not ready 'very quickly' as promised by the local Registrar, I went to the NSO office. Found the boss lady had a chat and laid on the 'tears' we got it a couple of days later. No 'extra payment' made !

liane
18th February 2010, 09:57
:Erm:

From your post-she will start processing visa, so you got most all the documents that you needed real fast :)

sparky
18th February 2010, 11:47
From your post-she will start processing visa, so you got most all the documents that you needed real fast :)
i was there in there at xmas so most of the paperwork i brought with me

just a couple of extra pieces outstanding which are winging their way over now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

yam
18th February 2010, 15:04
In our case, After our wedding I went to the civil registrar's office and I did an advance endorsement. It only takes 3 weeks and I got my NSO marriage contract.