PDA

View Full Version : Live Flight Tracking on Google Earth (To/From USA Only)

KeithD
23rd January 2010, 20:40
Great tool this for those wanting to track (or stalk) family & friends flying into and out of the USA as you can now track live flights on Google Earth.

As a lot of airlines on US routes have stopped the live map it is also handy to follow your flight a week before, place markers at specific time intervals (say every 15mins) and print it off, that way you know where you are even if it's cloudy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

First of all got to Flightwise (http://flightwise.com/s/tr/qt2.aspx)and select Airline, this will give a list of flights (you can use the flight No. but sometimes they are not always the same as what you might have).

Once you've got the correct flight No., such as Virgin Atlantics Gatwick-Las Vegas, 43G, just enter it HERE (http://flightwise.com/flighttracking/), and click the Google Earth button. You can then watch the flight live :)

triple5
23rd January 2010, 22:44
gotta love google earth, just keeps getting better and better :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
23rd January 2010, 22:53
Great tool this for those wanting to track (or stalk) family & friends flying into and out of the USA as you can now track live flights on Google Earth.

:rolleyes: when r u off to the states again scouser keith :D

RickyR
23rd January 2010, 23:13
www.radarvirtuel.com

KeithD
24th January 2010, 10:25
:rolleyes: when r u off to the states again scouser keith :D
Just planning a trip now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

www.radarvirtuel.com (http://www.radarvirtuel.com)
That's the EU version but not as pretty or as fast as the Google one. I've seen one for Asia somewhere but can't find it now.

You'd think these things were a security issue :Erm:

joebloggs
24th January 2010, 11:24

does it show air-force one on the map :rolleyes:

tell us the flight number so we can :Hellooo: :Hellooo::Hellooo: as you leave

somebody
28th February 2010, 18:13
Just planning a trip now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's the EU version but not as pretty or as fast as the Google one. I've seen one for Asia somewhere but can't find it now.

Im sure i read there is slight delay in the results but not taken much noticed i kind of know when the wife has landed as the phone rings they have amazing reception in duty free it seems:rolleyes:

RickyR
28th February 2010, 20:25
Was at the Swanwick ATC centre last week, they control most of the upper air space for the UK, Atlantic and North Sea as well as approaches for London Airports from one room in Hampshire. I was very impressed with the fact the have all the radar in the UK linked, and can pick up pretty much anything in the UK, including joe bloggs in his microlight taking off from a field in Yorshire as he gets to about 300ft. Big Brother is watching...

somebody
28th February 2010, 21:53
Was at the Swanwick ATC centre last week, they control most of the upper air space for the UK, Atlantic and North Sea as well as approaches for London Airports from one room in Hampshire. I was very impressed with the fact the have all the radar in the UK linked, and can pick up pretty much anything in the UK, including joe bloggs in his microlight taking off from a field in Yorshire as he gets to about 300ft. Big Brother is watching...

Joe Bloggs in Yorkshire I thought he was a good Manchester boy:D

RickyR
28th February 2010, 23:50
haha, read Joe Bloggs as John Smith or John Doe.....