PDA

View Full Version : Schengen Visa for me and my son

adam&chryss
18th January 2010, 13:26
Hi everyone!

Need help again to get schengen visa :)

We are planning to have a week holiday in Spain. I've done my research but need some more informations and I have few questions.

I've read here that I don't need to pay for the visa fee.. is this true? and how about my son holding philippine passport like me?

For the requirements: Employment letter, 3 months bank statement and 3 payslips. Are these for my husband?
I'm currently working part-time and just started this month.

Copy of fully paid travel: Do we need to book and pay for our travel though we're not sure if me and my son will get the visa?

thanks in advance! Hoping that someone could help me :) cheers!

pennybarry
18th January 2010, 14:19
Hi everyone!

Need help again to get schengen visa :)

We are planning to have a week holiday in Spain. I've done my research but need some more informations and I have few questions.

I've read here that I don't need to pay for the visa fee.. is this true? and how about my son holding philippine passport like me?

For the requirements: Employment letter, 3 months bank statement and 3 payslips. Are these for my husband?
I'm currently working part-time and just started this month.

Copy of fully paid travel: Do we need to book and pay for our travel though we're not sure if me and my son will get the visa?

thanks in advance! Hoping that someone could help me :) cheers!

It depends upon what schengen country you are applying. If that is what you have read at Spain Embassy site(free visa), then that is cool.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you have already your british passport, then no hazzle at all.

This is what I have read at the moment. I can't find the free visa but will later tell you.

Requirements vary between countries. Some of the requirements requested by the embassies include:

Proof of travel (tickets, original travel agent itinerary)
Proof of accommodation (confirmed hotel reservations, official invitations)
Bank statements
Letter from your employer or letter from college if a student
Travel insurance.
Business invitations

Minors are generally required to provide written approval from both parents/legal guardians and submission of birth certificate and parents/legal guardians’ passports on application.

maria_and_matt
18th January 2010, 14:32
it's free, when we went to italy we had to book first to show them the flight details. we had the visa the next day.

pennybarry
18th January 2010, 14:39
There maybe problem with their site as it always said the webpage cannot be found! http://spain.embassyhomepage.com/:doh

Try this Schengen office page:

You need to pay a bit:D

http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulados/Londres/en/MenuPpal/Servicios/Visados/Paginas/applicationfees_services.aspx

maria_and_matt
18th January 2010, 14:43
There maybe problem with their site as it always said the webpage cannot be found! http://spain.embassyhomepage.com/:doh

Try this Schengen office page:

You need to pay a bit:D

http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulados/Londres/en/MenuPpal/Servicios/Visados/Paginas/applicationfees_services.aspx

it is free for british nationals wives and kids under 16

rusty
18th January 2010, 14:54
Spain is now one of many countries that use VFS for their visa applications see http://es.vfsglobal.co.uk/

Yes, as the spouse of a British national, the visa fee is free but as they now use VFS, VFS charge a fee of £24 per application. :Brick:

I went last year to apply for a visa for Chuchin for Sweden at the same office, even though you have to book an appoinment, when we got there we had to take a ticket and wait for over 1 hour :furious3:

Good luck and hope you enjoy your trip

pennybarry
18th January 2010, 14:54
it is free for british nationals wives and kids under 16

Wow! it's cool! same as French embassy.:omg::BouncyHappy:

I wanna go! :Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

Arthur Little
18th January 2010, 15:29
Hi Chryss,

You may have read elsewhere on this site, that MY wife, Myrna was granted a 'Multiple Entry' Schengen Visa FREE OF CHARGE to enable she and I to visit France in March. It was issued by the French Consulate in Edinburgh ... which is closest to where WE stay. Presumably [for *YOUR purpose] the nearest *SPANISH Embassy to where you and Adam are living in Suffolk, is likely to be in London ... but check with the internet and/or Yellow Pages to make sure.

I should imagine that, with Spain falling within the Schengen Area as well, the application process would be more or less similar ... in that (thankfully, for once!) there's NO fee :NoNo: for wives NOR dependent children of British Nationals.

Basically, the documents you WILL need for the application are:

Yours and Adam's passports
Your child(ren)'s passports(s)
Your original marriage certificate, and
Your child(ren)'s birth certificate(s)

I don't [think] proof of earnings are required (especially when you're only going on holiday) ... certainly WE weren't asked for this. But then, we did mention the fact that I'm an OAP and Myrna isn't in paid employment.

adam&chryss
18th January 2010, 15:52
It depends upon what schengen country you are applying. If that is what you have read at Spain Embassy site(free visa), then that is cool.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you have already your british passport, then no hazzle at all.

This is what I have read at the moment. I can't find the free visa but will later tell you.

Requirements vary between countries. Some of the requirements requested by the embassies include:

Proof of travel (tickets, original travel agent itinerary)
Proof of accommodation (confirmed hotel reservations, official invitations)
Bank statements
Letter from your employer or letter from college if a student
Travel insurance.
Business invitations

Minors are generally required to provide written approval from both parents/legal guardians and submission of birth certificate and parents/legal guardians’ passports on application.

Thanks te' penny!

it's free, when we went to italy we had to book first to show them the flight details. we had the visa the next day.

Hope it will be that easy for us too :) Thanks! xxx

Spain is now one of many countries that use VFS for their visa applications see http://es.vfsglobal.co.uk/

Yes, as the spouse of a British national, the visa fee is free but as they now use VFS, VFS charge a fee of £24 per application. :Brick:

I went last year to apply for a visa for Chuchin for Sweden at the same office, even though you have to book an appoinment, when we got there we had to take a ticket and wait for over 1 hour :furious3:

Good luck and hope you enjoy your trip

Oh dear, oh dear! so that's £48 for both me and Yujin!

Thanks Mark!

Hi Chryss,

You may have read elsewhere on this site, that MY wife, Myrna was granted a 'Multiple Entry' Schengen Visa FREE OF CHARGE to enable she and I to visit France in March. It was issued by the French Consulate in Edinburgh ... which is closest to where WE stay. Presumably [for *YOUR purpose] the nearest *SPANISH Embassy to where you and Adam are living in Suffolk, is likely to be in London ... but check with the internet and/or Yellow Pages to make sure.

I should imagine that, with Spain falling within the Schengen Area as well, the application process would be more or less similar ... in that (thankfully, for once!) there's NO fee :NoNo: for wives NOR dependent children of British Nationals.

Basically, the documents you WILL need for the application are:

Yours and Adam's passports
Your child(ren)'s passports(s)
Your original marriage certificate, and
Your child(ren)'s birth certificate(s)

I don't [think] proof of earnings are required (especially when you're only going on holiday) ... certainly WE weren't asked for this. But then, we did mention the fact that I'm an OAP and Myrna isn't in paid employment.

Yeah I read about your thread when I was browsing to gather all the informations we need.

That's really helpful Arthur! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Many thanks!

We're planning to leave in April. It will be Isaac's first birthday and Yujin is off school that week. So fingers crossed! :D

Arthur Little
18th January 2010, 16:32
Yeah I read about your thread when I was browsing to gather all the informations we need.

That's really helpful Arthur! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Many thanks!

We're planning to leave in April. It will be Isaac's first birthday and Yujin is off school that week. So fingers crossed! :D

:) My pleasure, Chryss! Myrna actually got her visa in November past, because we'd originally intended to go to Paris to mark our first wedding anniversary the following month ... but ended up having to postpone our plans due to the bad weather. :doh However, the Spanish climate is a lot warmer than ours - especially in April - and you've chosen an ideal time to go ... so's you can celebrate Isaac's 1st birthday there, during Yujin's Easter break from school.

As regards pre-booking your holiday, :rolleyes: it might be worthwhile explaining to the Consulate staff [before you actually apply] that, for *obvious reasons, you'd prefer to be SURE of obtaining the visa prior to making any FIRM booking ... *just to be on the safe side ... although I honestly DON'T envisage any problems in it being granted. :NoNo:

Let me know how you get on ... and, should you need further assistance, please feel free to ask! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

adam&chryss
20th January 2010, 11:00
:) My pleasure, Chryss! Myrna actually got her visa in November past, because we'd originally intended to go to Paris to mark our first wedding anniversary the following month ... but ended up having to postpone our plans due to the bad weather. :doh However, the Spanish climate is a lot warmer than ours - especially in April - and you've chosen an ideal time to go ... so's you can celebrate Isaac's 1st birthday there, during Yujin's Easter break from school.

As regards pre-booking your holiday, :rolleyes: it might be worthwhile explaining to the Consulate staff [before you actually apply] that, for *obvious reasons, you'd prefer to be SURE of obtaining the visa prior to making any FIRM booking ... *just to be on the safe side ... although I honestly DON'T envisage any problems in it being granted. :NoNo:

Let me know how you get on ... and, should you need further assistance, please feel free to ask! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've printed out the application forms and at the moment we're looking for best deals/packages for our holiday.

Belated Happy anniversary to you and Myrna! :BouncyHappy:

Hope you will enjoy your holiday in Paris! :)

Arthur Little
20th January 2010, 23:50
Belated Happy anniversary to you and Myrna! :BouncyHappy:

Hope you will enjoy your holiday in Paris! :)

:) Many thanks on both counts, Chryss!! Our trip to Paris is by way of a belated *honeymoon ... *which we couldn't AFFORD :NoNo: at the time Myrna was applying for her spousal visa!