PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed Please!

STU3UK
14th December 2006, 19:04
Hi Guys.

Im Stuart just turned 24 my girlfriend is just turned 23 and is living in the Philippines in Cebu. We met whilst travelling in Oct and spent around a month together and since have remained in close contact and met up again last week in China which was very nice. We clicked instantly and I have never been so in love with someone.

All the while the plan has been to apply for her Visa in January to come and visit me for a while, the initial plan was to apply for a Visitor/Tourist Visa for her but after reading thru the posts on this website the likelyhood of that being accepted is very low. So I have began to look at a Fiancee Visa. This looks like a better option.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me advice please? I really dont know what to do.

Also there is a chance she might be pregnant with our first child...I'm so worried because evrything I read seems to suggest that we can't be together.

eljean
14th December 2006, 21:05
just keep on posting and also use the search button all your question will be answered there so many helpful couples around here for ya!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

russ01539
14th December 2006, 21:21
Hi Stuart.

First of all welcome to the forum, and secondly my advise to you would be 'always use protection', accidents do happen. This situation if necesary is easy for you to walk away from if you were that way inclined, but for a filipina it is often a life/death struggle to survive bringing a child up alone, especially without the child benefits etc. we get in this country!

Ok, I suggest you read thru all the posts over the previous 6 months on this forum that relate to getting a visa, cos within the site all the advise you need is contained herein. If your really not sure what to do and need the help of an immigration lawyer PM me and I will supply you the details of a very good one, and quite cheap too. Also have a very good read of the UK Immigration site, and also contact your citizens advice bureau who are always happy to refer you to someone more 'in the know'.

I, and I am sure many other forum members will be more than happy to give specific advise on the more intricate parts of the application process, but generally you need somewhere secure to live (even your parents house, so long as they are willing to house your fiance too), and reasonably healthy bank balance (ie. in the black for at least 6 months), a (legal) source of income (job)that more than covers your current expenditure, proof of relationship (so keep EVERYTHING - including many pics, receipts,flight tickets etc etc...) If you can satisfy the basic requirements as above you are half way there. If not make sure you can and soon or its just not gonna happen.

I read that you have looked at some previous posts, and sometimes this site can be a bit doom and gloom when members are struggling to get their visas, but just recently there has been a surprising change of attitude from the Manilla embassy, and many more people are getting visas now, and very much quicker than the dark old days.

Good luck mate - keep your chin up and be strong for asawa ko, she is the one with the highest need of reassurance right, I would think.

STU3UK
15th December 2006, 08:46
Thanks for your advice guys.

I am in a position where I am able to say provide evidence of,

-Somewhere to Live
-Stable Job with decent income
-Savings Account
-All Proof of contact with her via email, phone etc.

So I suppose its not looking as bad as I first feared.

If she was to come over on a Fiancee Visa and we didnt get married within 6 Months and I right in thinking she can apply for a 2 year extension or do we need to be married for that to happen?

STU3UK
19th January 2007, 20:38
Hi Guys.

I thought I would give you an update on our current situation and seek some further advice.

My Girlfriend is pregnant and the baby is due in September. We are both very happy about this and although the current situation with us being apart is not ideal we are going to go ahead with the pregnancy and look to apply for a Fiancee Visa after the baby is born.

By that time I will be able to provide the following documents.
IDENTIFICATION:
Applicant Passport/Birth Certificate
Sponsor Passport (Inc.Passport Stamps 2x China Where we met and when i returned to visit, and by the time we apply to Philippines Stamps)
Sponsor Birth Certificate & Driving License
Baby Birth Certificate (With My Name)
EVIDENCE OF ACCOMMODATION
Currently Live with Parents in their House
Consent Letter from Parents stating approval of us staying at property for as long as required
Property Details (Available space etc spare rooms etc)
EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL CAPACITY
Payslips 18 Months
Letter of Employment/Work Contract
Bank Statements 12 Months
Savings Account 12 Months
EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP:
Letter of Sponsorship
Provisional Wedding Date
Emails (From Me, My Mum and Brothers GF to Hannah)
Web Chats (So far taken from almost everyday so far for the last 4 Months)
SMS Log
Western Union Receipts
Phonecards
Phone Bills
EVIDENCE OF MEETING
Flight Confirmations/Boarding Passes Etc
Hotel Confirmations/Room Receipts
Restaurant Receipts
Photos

Its pretty evident that as a basis I used the very helpful Sticky Thread for my evidence list.

Basically I have a couple of questions I would like to ask forhelp with please.

- How much money would they see as sufficient to be able to support my girlfriend and baby, in terms of savings?
- Im concerned that when we apply there is going to be so much paperwork it will probably fill box the size of copying paper. Especially with the webchats etc. Is this an issue?
-Does the baby make things easier or harder for the application to be successful?

Thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

Stu & Hannah

KeithD
19th January 2007, 22:21
How much money would they see as sufficient to be able to support my girlfriend and baby, in terms of savings?
As long as you have a steady income, and around £2000 in the bank to prove you can save, that is enough.

Im concerned that when we apply there is going to be so much paperwork it will probably fill box the size of copying paper. Especially with the webchats etc. Is this an issue?

Yes, they will not even accept it at point of collection. You only need to supply exactly what is required, and EXAMPLES of other things, such as meeting, chat, etc. It should all fit nicely in a flat A4 envelope. If it doesn't, it's too much.

-Does the baby make things easier or harder for the application to be successful?

Depends if it's the milkmans or not!! :cwm24:

mike1
19th January 2007, 23:35
Thanks for your advice guys.

:Hellooo: If she was to come over on a Fiancee Visa and we didnt get married within 6 Months and I right in thinking she can apply for a 2 year extension or do we need to be married for that to happen?

Is there any particular reason for not getting married in the P I and applying for a spouse visa , some say they are the easiest to get . We are still undecided and are looking at the pros and cons of both the fiancee and the spouse visa :Erm:

KeithD
20th January 2007, 10:14
No reason....just a lot of paperwork & running around.

STU3UK
20th January 2007, 12:03
Thanks for your help.

So as evidence just samples of what is suugested will be ok?

Is there any minimum length of time they will want us to have known each other because if we apply earlier than I previous stated for example in April we will have been together for around 7 Months is this satisfcatory?

Thanks

Chrisirene
20th January 2007, 12:14
Hi Stu3uk,

It doesnt matter as long as ur relationship is genuin...
Chris and I fisrt meet month of August then meet in person September then last week of November submit our papers then January got my visa...:D

eljean
20th January 2007, 13:27
On my own opinion...i think its better for you to get married in the phil...because your gf is pregnant by the time she give birth she will be question by the hospital whos the father then her civil status if she say she's not yet married then obviously, the surname of your baby will be your gf surname...why not marry in civil ceremony for the sake of the baby and also for easier things...you apply then for spouse visa....your baby is a big evidence..already....if in fiancee visa they can bring any dependant they have what more if its your own baby....:) sure you two will be together worries is has the biggest part in applying as long as you understand the application and the process of it...supply all the things they required...you will surely be together one day soon....keep on reading and if there are things u dont get you can always ask anyone in the furom so i hope i give some good advice on here......good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
20th January 2007, 18:00
h
Thanks for your help.

So as evidence just samples of what is suugested will be ok?

Is there any minimum length of time they will want us to have known each other because if we apply earlier than I previous stated for example in April we will have been together for around 7 Months is this satisfcatory?

Thanks

There is no minimum or maximum time as far as i know, but you have to make sure the eco sees that it is a real loving relationship.

In the uk two people could meet, apply to marry and get married within a month.

If you have been together for seven months and have met in person twice for a decent length of time as you have. I cant see any problems at all.

STU3UK
20th January 2007, 21:00
Thankls for all your help and advice guys.

Ive been thinking about this a lot and know I think I am going to apply for the Visa in June, before the baby is born. It would be fantatsic to be there when the baby is born but then also I would be able to support her much more befor the baby is born by being with her.

My only concern I have with the Visa Application now is about Bank Statements, by applying in June it will probably mean I could only supply Bank Statements for 5 months. Would this be a problem?

I would have all necessary funds in the Bank Account and able to provide Savings Account Statements for a year.

In the mean time i m going to look into the Marriage Ceremony in Phil.

Thanks

Chrisirene
21st January 2007, 05:47
http://www.british-filipino.com/

Keep Reading....:D

andypaul
21st January 2007, 12:51
Thankls for all your help and advice guys.

Ive been thinking about this a lot and know I think I am going to apply for the Visa in June, before the baby is born. It would be fantatsic to be there when the baby is born but then also I would be able to support her much more befor the baby is born by being with her.

My only concern I have with the Visa Application now is about Bank Statements, by applying in June it will probably mean I could only supply Bank Statements for 5 months. Would this be a problem?

I would have all necessary funds in the Bank Account and able to provide Savings Account Statements for a year.

In the mean time i m going to look into the Marriage Ceremony in Phil.

Thanks

You say you are to apply for the Visa in June. If your Girlfriend is to be heavily pregant when will she be able to travel?

Just be careful as you need to be careful with the date the visa is isued and the date you enter the uk for the first time.

It can cause a lot of headaches with applying for ilr two years after your soon to be Wife visa stamp was dated and you dont enter the uk for a few months.

Also applying for the marriage ceremony takes time, please make sure you counter all these variables into your planning.

Also do stress both on the application form and in cover letters etc that you want the visa to start on a certain date.

We put a date on the visa which was when i planned to go back and hopefully my wifes visa application was sucessful and completed by then. But they just put the days date it was approved. This should not cause us any problems touch wood as it was only a week and a few days but it could of:omg:

STU3UK
21st January 2007, 14:09
The Pregnant and Travelling thing was a concern of mind but I checked this out with the GP and if she was flying in June or even July that wouldnt be a problem. Thanks for phighlighting that though.

Thanks Stuart

KeithD
21st January 2007, 19:05
If someone gives birth on a plane.....where is it's official place of birth.....be terrible for it to pop out over Iran :yikes:

5olidsnake
4th February 2007, 12:27
regarding bank statements

you can go in your local branch in person and order historical statements

Natwest charge £5 per account for 6 months