PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember.....

KeithD
13th December 2006, 23:25
About a year ago....all we got were posts about the horrors of waiting at the Embassy for hours, being denied a visa for no reason other than wrong colour lipstick.....Pete threatening to obliterate all Embassy staff :Rasp: ......lining up for hours in the heat........those where the days :D

john sergison
14th December 2006, 09:14
hi, as some of you know my fiancee got her visa without interview 2days ago.
the seminar people told her that she must stay in the uk for minimum 270 days before she can travel to another country including a return to the philippines. i dont know what they are talking about.
of course i want to go out of the uk with her during next year so does anyone have info on her going out of uk during her first 6months here.

russ01539
14th December 2006, 09:18
Hi John.

Alona will be allowed to go back to Phil. anytime she likes during her initial 6 month visa.

If you want to go elsewhere you'll need to apply for either a schengen visa (EU countries) or that country your visiting's embassy in UK.

It is wise though that she spends the majority of her 6 months here though, or you might run into future problems when you apply for your FLR.

russ01539
14th December 2006, 09:22
About a year ago....all we got were posts about the horrors of waiting at the Embassy for hours, being denied a visa for no reason other than wrong colour lipstick.....Pete threatening to obliterate all Embassy staff :Rasp: ......lining up for hours in the heat........those where the days :D

I remember it like yesterday Keith. Its amazing when you think that the speed and relative ease of obtaining visa's nowadays can only be put down to a side effect of world terrorism, heightened embassy security, and the reduction in quota and requirement for filipino nurses.

Cant think of any other reasons, cos the staff are all the same people bar 1.

ginapeterb
14th December 2006, 14:42

Did I threaten to beat them up Keith hehehehehe, lining up for hours, yes I remember that, when the good time used to roll, when me Rob and many other guys used to hang around at the 7-11 round the back for ersatz coffee remember that Rob ? then sweating our hides off talking to the marines outside, and generally making a nuiscance of ourselves, then breathing a sign of relief when the visa was issued, o what a lovely war we had ! Wonder what happened to Kenny from Birmingham with his wife ? she was declined a visa, I remember those days and I never wanna see them again....

walesrob
14th December 2006, 14:53
Did I threaten to beat them up Keith hehehehehe, lining up for hours, yes I remember that, when the good time used to roll, when me Rob and many other guys used to hang around at the 7-11 round the back for ersatz coffee remember that Rob ? then sweating our hides off talking to the marines outside, and generally making a nuiscance of ourselves, then breathing a sign of relief when the visa was issued, o what a lovely war we had ! Wonder what happened to Kenny from Birmingham with his wife ? she was declined a visa, I remember those days and I never wanna see them again....

Ah yes I remember it well...being choked by Jeepney fumes, being told to move away from the Embassy by those Marines...and encountering the rude Embassy staff....good old days NOT :cwm23:

joebloggs
14th December 2006, 15:02
yes i remember waiting 3 months for an answer, and getting a little bit :omg: , well thats more than 2 yrs ago,, and look today

last saturday my stepson arrived in the uk, and his visa expires same times as his moms and sisters in march of next year ! ,even thou hes just arrived and his mom and sis have been here for 21 months, well thats another £400 i have to find for the indef leave to remain,,

also he got a visa, with me having little savings in the bank , just around £1500, hes staying at my moms house, and hes nearly 18yrs old, well i was surprised a bit but :Hellooo: he got it,. well maybe they actually read my letter of support, saying if he was here i would save near £400 a month !!! :Rasp:

they interviewed him on his own, and would not let his aunt sit in, and the indian guy who worked at the embassy told him he got the visa, but let him go and called him back, becuase he forgot to ask him a couple of questions, one was are you going to travel alone? the guy told him, he forgot to ask ! :doh

good luck to everyone else with the visa's !! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Louella
21st December 2006, 18:41
Congratulations for all those been granted a visa with just a short notice. Maybe it has something to do w/ the climate change as well! :D My husband Iain & i are hoping that my daughter will be granted a visa soon. Cheers! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Louella

eljean
21st December 2006, 18:54
i met my fiance may 2006 i applied for the visa october 2006, got the visa november 7, nov 19 i flew in here now its been a month since then...now im freeezing in here....:prosper:

dave65
21st December 2006, 21:56
careful guys or you will find yourself saying things like:NoNo: when i were a lad and In my day we had to grovel for days at a time in the blazing sun just to visit the embassy' etc etc 'an applicants of today just dont know there born':icon_lol: :icon_lol:

andypaul
22nd December 2006, 02:04
Maybe Mr Admin your Forum played its little part as well as the reasons Russ quite rightly mentioned.

Before i guess people just suffered in silence and maybe only knew of a few others going though the same process. Now any change in procedure or policy is known about in hours by many of the people applying.

Its intresting that many of the silly denials seem to have reducded.

Its intresting the amount of evidence has been reduced from what i read.

Its intresting to hear there are far few delays or requests for further evidence for most people.

Take a bow Mr Admin and all who makes this forum what it is.

dave65
22nd December 2006, 21:14
Quite right andypaul
the info provided on this site is superb i am sure a lot more of the applications are put together better than they used to be leading to less delays and a more straight forward job for the visa assessors, i know i would have really struggled without you guys so a big vote of thanks to Mr and Mrs Admin and their co-advisors:xxgrinning--00xx3: