PDA

View Full Version : applying for spouse visa

malditako
4th January 2010, 13:57
first i would like to great each and everyone a pleasant hello. I am new here and would like to seek relevant info and advice about spouse visa.

I met my husband 2003. he visits every year with a minimum of two months stay. Then on 2007 we got married. He stayed here for 6 months on 2008 and 2 months last year. We have a lovely 1 year old boy which already got his british birth certificate issued december 2008. I am going to apply for his passport this month as we are planning to apply for my visa this coming february. He is currently living with his friend but will move to his own this week as he always comes here in the philippines after he finishes his contract at work. We have saving like more than 3 thousand pounds in the bank. He got regular job now which he started 6 months ago (he used to do sub contracts for F1 cars since 2005).

I wonder if its ok to apply next month even he just moved in to his own place and what are our chances of not being refused. Can I just download and print the application or i need to go to vfs center in makati. Where will i need to start at? Need help....thanks

South-east boy
5th January 2010, 00:12
Hi and welcome to the forum! :) I hope that everything goes well for you with your coming Visa application. I can't really offer you many answers to your questions as I have yet to go through any of that, but there will be plenty of people that can help. I would think it's ok if your husband has just moved into his place, but I think you need 6 months bank statements that are not overdrawn and also the savings.

joebloggs
5th January 2010, 08:33
I wonder if its ok to apply next month even he just moved in to his own place and what are our chances of not being refused.

should not be a problem, i've not seen anything in the rules about where you have just moved in, but you must have at least 6 months left on the tenancy agreement if the property is rented.

# Accommodation owned by the sponsor (co-sponsor) If the sponsor (co-sponsor) owns the premises, the property deeds should be submitted. If the premises is mortgaged, a letter from the mortgage provider which confirms ownership can be used.

# Rented accommodationIf the accommodation is privately rented, the sponsor should submit a letter from the landlord that confirms both the size of the property and his agreement that an additional occupant may take up residence there. The sponsor should also include a copy of the tenancy agreement, and the tenancy agreement should have at least six months remaining until its expiry.

and if the accommodation is owned by a local authority or council estate, a landlord's confirmation should also be obtained, but if this cannot be obtained a report from an independent surveyor which confirms the size and suitability of the premises can be submitted instead.

pennybarry
5th January 2010, 08:50
first i would like to great each and everyone a pleasant hello. I am new here and would like to seek relevant info and advice about spouse visa.

I met my husband 2003. he visits every year with a minimum of two months stay. Then on 2007 we got married. He stayed here for 6 months on 2008 and 2 months last year. We have a lovely 1 year old boy which already got his british birth certificate issued december 2008. I am going to apply for his passport this month as we are planning to apply for my visa this coming february. He is currently living with his friend but will move to his own this week as he always comes here in the philippines after he finishes his contract at work. We have saving like more than 3 thousand pounds in the bank. He got regular job now which he started 6 months ago (he used to do sub contracts for F1 cars since 2005).

I wonder if its ok to apply next month even he just moved in to his own place and what are our chances of not being refused. Can I just download and print the application or i need to go to vfs center in makati. Where will i need to start at? Need help....thanks

Seem you have good enough requirements. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
You can download and fill-up the application forms.
If you are close to Manila, I will prefer to go there and pick-up the forms. So in case you need to undergo for an interview, you have already familiar with the place.

Goodluck!:)

malditako
5th January 2010, 09:18
thanks for that lovely information...