PDA

View Full Version : Any wise advice and experience?

surfpaul50
11th December 2006, 19:15
I have a girlfriend - Irene - a filipino national living in Manila and working as a university lecturer. Irene has a passport and has travelled once to Japan.

I live in Wales, UK. Irene and I met through a Christian website last month. On average we spend two hours a day using webcam and phone - in many ways it is like being in the same room etc... Our strong and similar Christian faith and background is working well for us in building closeness. We both think it looks very good.

Can I ask your wisdom on the easiest and wisest route ahead? As a single parent I have two weeks in mid march when my son is with his mother that I could most easily travel to the Philipines. Irene then has the months of April and May free from University teaching.

We could begin to apply now for a tourist visa for Irene to visit Wales in April and May with me as her financial sponsor. We could also put together the paperwork for a fiance's visa application and I could take it out there and hand it in with Irene by hand during my visit there in March. Irene could then travel on the tourist visa and stay here through April / May. If the fiance's visa was granted without an interview and sent to her home we could get it forwarded here while Irene was already in the UK - and if it then seemed right apply in a registry office here and marry perhaps in May, with Irene not needing to return.

I could instead visit the Philipines earlier ( late Jan / early February ) although this would involve a more complicated arrangement for my son staying here in Wales, and start the fiance visa process earlier so that it was processed by April for Irene to travel here.

Am I missing something? Is the time scale too short for evidence of relationship?

Can you advice a wise use of time and resources - a wise route ahead?

Much appreciation in advance

Paul
PS - Feel free to e-mail advice to surfpaul50AThotmail.com (surfpaul50@hotmail.com)

walesrob
11th December 2006, 21:09
I have a girlfriend - Irene - a filipino national living in Manila and working as a university lecturer. Irene has a passport and has travelled once to Japan.

I live in Wales, UK. Irene and I met through a Christian website last month. On average we spend two hours a day using webcam and phone - in many ways it is like being in the same room etc... Our strong and similar Christian faith and background is working well for us in building closeness. We both think it looks very good.

Can I ask your wisdom on the easiest and wisest route ahead? As a single parent I have two weeks in mid march when my son is with his mother that I could most easily travel to the Philipines. Irene then has the months of April and May free from University teaching.

We could begin to apply now for a tourist visa for Irene to visit Wales in April and May with me as her financial sponsor. We could also put together the paperwork for a fiance's visa application and I could take it out there and hand it in with Irene by hand during my visit there in March. Irene could then travel on the tourist visa and stay here through April / May. If the fiance's visa was granted without an interview and sent to her home we could get it forwarded here while Irene was already in the UK - and if it then seemed right apply in a registry office here and marry perhaps in May, with Irene not needing to return.

I could instead visit the Philipines earlier ( late Jan / early February ) although this would involve a more complicated arrangement for my son staying here in Wales, and start the fiance visa process earlier so that it was processed by April for Irene to travel here.

Am I missing something? Is the time scale too short for evidence of relationship?

Can you advice a wise use of time and resources - a wise route ahead?

Much appreciation in advance

Paul
PS - Feel free to e-mail advice to surfpaul50AThotmail.com (surfpaul50@hotmail.com)

Paul, please refer to your other thread you started. I'll lock this now to avoid duplication.

KeithD
11th December 2006, 22:44
Anyone would think we're blind!!