PDA

View Full Version : So who here uses Dropbox or do you have another Cloud you perch on?

somebody
2nd January 2010, 01:41
Often need to transfer files not in real time (ie the customer/coworker needs access later on) internally our own company has a product which they have released nearly everywhere but the UK:Erm: So Often use Drop box as that seems to be one many IT techs already have an account with and use.

basically it lets you have 2gb of online storage which you can upload and give others access to or share.

Maybe another cloud product which maybe useful either with the paperwork shuffle the Visa, ilr and citzenship process seems to be or ...

www.dropbox.com

Steve.r
2nd January 2010, 01:57
Very handy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
2nd January 2010, 01:58
Very handy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It is for all the iphone touch bods in particular

walesrob
2nd January 2010, 10:39
Theres many of these online storage websites around as well as DropBox; BT Digital Vault, Yahoo MyDrive, Google. I'm a bit weary of trusting any of my data to these big corporations, I don't know what they do with it all and where its stored. I use Fastmail and EuMX to store stuff online. Both these companies are email providers first, but also have online storage, not as good or as jazzy as DropBox, but still up to the task.

darren-b
2nd January 2010, 11:35
I played with a fair few including Dropbox and BT Digital Vault, though I currently use Jungledisk with Amazon S3 as it's cloud storage.

I'm pretty certain Dropbox uses Amazon S3 as it's backend as well, though with Jungledisk I have a direct account with Amazon.

somebody
2nd January 2010, 13:22
I played with a fair few including Dropbox and BT Digital Vault, though I currently use Jungledisk with Amazon S3 as it's cloud storage.

I'm pretty certain Dropbox uses Amazon S3 as it's backend as well, though with Jungledisk I have a direct account with Amazon.

Yeah Amazon are a big player in the cloud business it seems and I like their virtual computer service EC2 as well.

But like often the Tech Business a brand/device or system seems to get adopted not because its the best overall but due to the sheep following the herd:D

Drop box seems to be the one all the Iphone and Itouch bods (which seems to be a lot of people at the moment) rave on about and in this age of digital media people are easily swayed.

http://www.syncplicity.com/ is another good service.