PDA

View Full Version : how's your new year celeb?

eagles
31st December 2009, 21:20
its 4am here, we had family dinner and enjoyed singing , fave videoke.. My children enjoyed the new year's food - pompano steam fish, cheese sticks, bacon and pineapple sticks, tuna macaroni salad, barbecue, tinolang manok, baked spaghetti, fruit cake, spring rolls. ice cream....macapuno preserves.. ( my brothers and sisters brought many of home cooked foods) but no lechon.. I did kalderetang kambing, durian float and tarts..

to be honest, its not the food that we gooble after new year merriment that completes the family celeb at new year- its the togetherness as a family . The spirit that lives on in our hearts as brothers and sisters,tito and tita, parents and grandparents. petty talks and shared laughter.. talking about pacman, lola dionisia, about gibo and noynoy, about climate changes and about the chinese calendars..wait 2 secs to reload the image

What about you? how did the 1st tickle of clock hand for 2010 was spent?

Florge
1st January 2010, 23:31
i spent it slow dancing with my fiance... hehehe

South-east boy
2nd January 2010, 00:02
Mine was pretty quiet! Was just round my friend's last night with his Mum. Watched the fireworks going off at midnight in London on the TV. Today I've just been all on my own at home-we don't really have celebrations on the day in UK!

somebody
2nd January 2010, 01:06
Mine was pretty quiet! Was just round my friend's last night with his Mum. Watched the fireworks going off at midnight in London on the TV. Today I've just been all on my own at home-we don't really have celebrations on the day in UK!

Funny thing is we have a large parade in central London which is watched worldwide with loads of US marching bands involved so quite a lot of intrest in teh US quite big crowds and watched many many all over the world to watch in the UK if not able to go in person you have to go to BBC Londons website:Erm: While they show films and other bits and bobs surely many would rather watch a live Prade with bands etc:Erm:

The Wife and I celebrated in the day went up town had some nice phill food buffet style the wife got herself some Phill take away foods and loads of Leche flan and snacks.

While loads were freeezing their butts off paying more than normal for everything we stayed in the warm pigging out and if my local area and mates are anything to go by many people choose the round someones house option this year:)

pumpkins
2nd January 2010, 02:40
my husband cooked chicken and made mashed potato..
we were listening to a love song and we danced together with a candle lights.how romantic :luv4:
we did reminiscin from the beginning of our relationship..we talked about us.
and we watched fireworks outside of our window..

Arthur Little
2nd January 2010, 19:39
In Scotland, the celebrations normally "kick-off" on what WE call 'Hogmanay' [New Year's Eve] ... and continue up until around January 2 ... :Erm: ...for those who're still sober, at least!). Surprisingly, however, where I live, things have been relatively quiet over the past couple of days. I believe, though, there's an annual "knees-up" around 12-midnight on 31 December in our Capital City, Edinburgh ... at which many of the young(er) men wear traditional Scottish attire.

A bit draughty "up there" :Kilt: ... on THIS particular occasion ... I'd venture to suggest!

somebody
2nd January 2010, 20:39
In Scotland, the celebrations normally "kick-off" on what WE call 'Hogmanay' [New Year's Eve] ... and continue up until around January 2 ... :Erm: ...for those who're still sober, at least!). Surprisingly, however, where I live, things have been relatively quiet over the past couple of days. I believe, though, there's an annual "knees-up" around 12-midnight on 31 December in our Capital City, Edinburgh ... at which many of the young(er) men wear traditional Scottish attire.

A bit draughty "up there" :Kilt: ... on THIS particular occasion ... I'd venture to suggest!

I was amazed the Edinburgh celebrations were not cancelled seems often they are. Maybe the new thermal kilts are in stock:D