PDA

View Full Version : Filipino Sheet Music

aposhark
28th December 2009, 15:14
Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some Filipino Sheet Music for my wife? Are there any Filipinas who read sheet music?

There is no rush on this as she has just started to learn playing the music keyboard, but she says she wants to sing and play her favourite Filipino songs and of course she will need the sheet music as time goes on.

Thanks!

aposhark

nigel
28th December 2009, 17:53
Can i record her? :)

jam07
28th December 2009, 18:19
Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some Filipino Sheet Music for my wife? Are there any Filipinas who read sheet music?

There is no rush on this as she has just started to learn playing the music keyboard, but she says she wants to sing and play her favourite Filipino songs and of course she will need the sheet music as time goes on.

Thanks!

aposhark

Its good that she is learning how to play the keyboard :xxgrinning--00xx3: it will do good to her and the baby :xxgrinning--00xx3: :BouncyHappy:

I hope your baby is listening to classical music as well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Its hard to find an OPM (Original Pilipino Music) music sheet online. I even tried ebay.ph for you but unsuccessful. For OPM music sheet, I always go to our local bookstore (National Bookstore) to buy some. If you cant buy online, maybe you could ask some of your wife's relatives to send you some. (just a suggestion lang po :) )

or maybe your wife can browse to this site (as the language used to this site is tagalog and this is the first time I saw it) http://pianistako.blogspot.com/

Hope that helps :)

aposhark
28th December 2009, 21:15
Its good that she is learning how to play the keyboard :xxgrinning--00xx3: it will do good to her and the baby :xxgrinning--00xx3: :BouncyHappy:

I hope your baby is listening to classical music as well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Its hard to find an OPM (Original Pilipino Music) music sheet online. I even tried ebay.ph for you but unsuccessful. For OPM music sheet, I always go to our local bookstore (National Bookstore) to buy some. If you cant buy online, maybe you could ask some of your wife's relatives to send you some. (just a suggestion lang po :) )

or maybe your wife can browse to this site (as the language used to this site is tagalog and this is the first time I saw it) http://pianistako.blogspot.com/

Hope that helps :)

Hi jam07,
thank you very much for taking the time to look for us.
The site looks very useful indeed, she will start to read through the information.
aposhark

aposhark
28th December 2009, 21:18
Can i record her? :)

Give her at least a year nigel :) :)

jam07
29th December 2009, 03:01
Thank you po for the rep :)

Ladybug_sim
29th December 2009, 11:14
Hello all,

Thanks!

aposhark

Hi! Aposhark, I think you can do some searching on google. Just look tagalog song with lyrics then you can fine some... hope it work, I did try when I keep looking for some song too to pass on to my sister with her daughter. .. :santa:

Happy New Year soon ... :holiday08:

IainBusby
29th December 2009, 13:02
Try this site Mike http://www.pianofiles.com/search/music/sheets/filipino it appears to be some sort of a forum where they share music sheets with each other.
Iain.

jam07
29th December 2009, 14:22
Try this site Mike http://www.pianofiles.com/search/music/sheets/filipino it appears to be some sort of a forum where they share music sheets with each other.
Iain.

Yup! you have to create an account there to log in and request for music sheets or you can join them on yahoo groups (search for piano files) for faster response to your requests :) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
30th December 2009, 10:13
Hi! Aposhark, I think you can do some searching on google. Just look tagalog song with lyrics then you can fine some... hope it work, I did try when I keep looking for some song too to pass on to my sister with her daughter. .. :santa:

Happy New Year soon ... :holiday08:

Thanks Ladybug_sim :)

aposhark
30th December 2009, 10:14
Iain.

Thanks Iain :)

nigel
30th December 2009, 22:37
How could you call it 'sheet' music? I think it's rather good!

:xxparty-smiley-004:

English Rose
31st December 2009, 19:54
I've just returned from Balanga where I bought a book of Filipino tunes for the piano including songs such as Habang Buhay, Dahil Sa Iyo and my own favourite, Bayan Ko. She'd need a few years of lessons before she could play this, though, but I'm sure there are easier books to be found. You could ask her family in the Philippines to get hold of some music and send it to her.

I had a delightful time playing the tunes on the hotel piano while my friend sang - even though the piano was out of tune and had notes missing!