PDA

View Full Version : (CNI) Certificate of No Impediment

veno
25th December 2009, 17:45
Sorry if this question has been posted already...I've searched this forum a few times for this question and no joy.....Anyways, does anyone know if you apply for a Certificate of No Impediment in the UK, does the 21 Notice of Marriage that is posted on the register notice board in the UK count while you are waiting for it in the UK? The reason i am asking is I am not sure if I have to stay in the Philippines for 31 days or the UK? Please help..I dont mind waiting for my partner but it's torture at the moment. Thank you in advance.

aromulus
25th December 2009, 17:54
Sorry if this question has been posted already...I've searched this forum a few times for this question and no joy.....Anyways, does anyone know if you apply for a Certificate of No Impediment in the UK, does the 21 Notice of Marriage that is posted on the register notice board in the UK count while you are waiting for it in the UK? The reason i am asking is I am not sure if I have to stay in the Philippines for 31 days or the UK? Please help..I dont mind waiting for my partner but it's torture at the moment. Thank you in advance.

It is preferable to wait the customary 21 days in the Uk, so that you can exchange it at the Embassy quickly and without fuss, within a few hours.

Good luck and welcome aboard.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And have a lovely festive season.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

veno
25th December 2009, 18:00
aromulus, That answer was better then any christmas present :BouncyHappy: Just what I needed specially after we already booked flights and stuff for family and friends for wedding :doh....
Thank you soooooo much.
God bless

aromulus
25th December 2009, 18:13
aromulus, That answer was better then any christmas present :BouncyHappy: Just what I needed specially after we already booked flights and stuff for family and friends for wedding :doh....
Thank you soooooo much.
God bless

Don't forget that you will have to wait 10 working days for your marriage licence from the local town hall thingy department....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lovejoy
26th December 2009, 03:08
Don't forget that you will have to wait 10 working days for your marriage licence from the local town hall thingy department....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And you need to complete a seminar before you apply for a marriage licence. Unfortunatly it's not easy or quick in the Philippines. Then you need a judge etc and venue to marry. It's a lot to get in inside a 21 day visa if nothing is planned. Seminars are usually only one day.

vbkelly
26th December 2009, 10:40

you don't need to stay 21days in the philippines once the notice of marraige is posted in the UK.

veno
26th December 2009, 10:40
Thanks again guys. Lovejoy am not sure about the seminer thing! could you shed some more light on this if you have time :Erm:

The venue and judge etc is already sorted. That was easy cause were both Jehovahs witness so we get alot of support from elders.
But like you said we have to try and cram it all in, in the space of 21 days :yikes:

aromulus
26th December 2009, 10:43
But like you said we have to try and cram it all in, in the space of 21 days :yikes:

It has been done in much less time.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lovejoy
26th December 2009, 13:58
Thanks again guys. Lovejoy am not sure about the seminer thing! could you shed some more light on this if you have time :Erm:

The venue and judge etc is already sorted. That was easy cause were both Jehovahs witness so we get alot of support from elders.

Hi Veno. If I have this right... (and someone please correct me if it's wrong) but we are marrying in Philippines in January. Before you can get a marriage licence to marry in the Philippines you have to attend a one day seminar. The marriage licence takes about 10 days but wll only be issued if you have completed the seminar. In Mactan, Cebu seminars are held every Friday. You need to have the seminar paperwork before you apply for the marriage licence. If your partner is in the Philippines see if she can go to the local NSO office and enquire.

walesrob
26th December 2009, 14:39
The marriage licence takes about 10 days but wll only be issued if you have completed the seminar. In Mactan, Cebu seminars are held every Friday. You need to have the seminar paperwork before you apply for the marriage licence. If your partner is in the Philippines see if she can go to the local NSO office and enquire.

From memory, I don't recall the 10 day waiting period. When Elsa and I married, the seminar was only 3 days before the actual date of marraige. On top of that, as Dom says, it can certainly be done in less time, if you speak to the right people.

Sim11UK
26th December 2009, 17:19
From memory, I don't recall the 10 day waiting period. When Elsa and I married, the seminar was only 3 days before the actual date of marraige. On top of that, as Dom says, it can certainly be done in less time, if you speak to the right people.

Rob you do have to wait 10 days....interestingly though, everyone on here say's it's 10 working days. When we applied for ours, we just had to wait 10 days, including sat/sun etc...Best to allow 10 working days, to be sure.

Veno, when you go to the Registrars to get the licence, they will advise you of all you have to do...They will tell you about the seminar.

We had to go to the local Health Centre, where they deemed us old enough not to have to go through with the seminar...Into one office, to sign some papers, make a small donation 200php I think? Then into another one, for a 5 minute interview, about HIV & AIDS...That was it...had to call back later to pick up some paperwork.

It probably varies from office to office, but requirements are the same.

Just one other point Veno, you are aware when you get your British CNI, you need to change it for the Phil version at the British Embassy in Manila. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
26th December 2009, 17:25
If I didn't make it clear, in my above post, go to the Registrars. The seminar will be sorted during your 10 day wait. :)

IainBusby
26th December 2009, 17:31

Hi Veno. If I have this right... (and someone please correct me if it's wrong) but we are marrying in Philippines in January. Before you can get a marriage licence to marry in the Philippines you have to attend a one day seminar. The marriage licence takes about 10 days but wll only be issued if you have completed the seminar. In Mactan, Cebu seminars are held every Friday. You need to have the seminar paperwork before you apply for the marriage licence. If your partner is in the Philippines see if she can go to the local NSO office and enquire.

If my memory seves me well you can usually attend the seminar during the 10 day waiting period. The other thing you really need to know about if your on a tight schedule is how the 10 days waiting period works in the province in which you intend to marry, because in some it can be 10 working days, so weekend days and public holidays are not counted towards the 10 days. They will sometimes require you to have the seminar booked when you apply for the marriage licence and as long as you show them your seminar paper when you go to collect the marriage licence everything is OK.

As with all things in the Philippines, it seems that many of the local officials make the rules up as they go along so they can vary from province to province and maybe even from barangay to barangay, so it would be best to get your lady to find out about these things well before time so that you know where you stand.

Iain.

sparky
28th December 2009, 20:40
just been thru all this and didnt have to do a seminar myself

just one peice of advice which nearly caught us out- the embassy shuts at 12 for business

and dont expect to see a british person at the embassy either!!!!

lovejoy
29th December 2009, 07:04
Just another note regarding the CNI. I think you can get them through UK Honourable Councel's (???) and also the UK embassy. Where abouts are you going and I may be able to help with some information?

estherboaz
29th December 2009, 14:15
Just another note regarding the CNI. I think you can get them through UK Honourable Councel's (???) and also the UK embassy. Where abouts are you going and I may be able to help with some information?

you could get CNI in the british embassy manila but you will wait for 21 days before you could get your copy.thats why it is advisable to get a copy in your local registrar so that when you go to philippines and exchange it in the british embassy with the Filipino version, it will take you hours only.

calvin72
10th February 2010, 15:19
Hello All , firstly just want to say that che-che ( ApoEagle ) and myself are getting married on Samal Island here in Davao , on the beach , on Valentine's Day. We have not been posting for some time but still get our information from you all here , so salamat for that :-) . I just want to say that i exchanged my CNI at the UK Embassy in Manila last week and it was fine , i went around 8-30 am and waited 10-15 minutes to be seen and just 30 minutes for the certificate. The first time i only had my paperwork ( not che-che's as i thought the Embassy only dealt with me ) , not sure if this is clear on previous posts but you do need both parties CNI/Cenomar , birth cert and passport. Anyway i had to return the following day to complete.
The Embassy itself is a bit difficult to locate. There is nothing outside to identify it and only the fact that i had the exact address got me there ( Manila cab drivers are a bit of a nightmare , and if thats your first encounter with a filipino then dont worry , it only gets better ! ) . It is very secure , with armed guards and nothing like an Embassy or Consulate in Europe. It is true that all the staff are filipino , which surprised me but they spoke excellent english and that wasn't an issue at all.
We are both in our thirties ( che-che is 30 i should say !! ) and this has excused us from the pre-marriage seminar. It appears that if both of you are over 30 (or over 25 with parental consent ) then the seminar is legally not required. There is a sign in Davao City Hall to that effect. Also the 10 day rule for waiting for your marriage licence does appear to be strictly upheld ( maybe we didn't find the right person :-) )
Anyway all in all , get your CNI in the UK and dont worry about the exchange! The only gripe i have is that their version is almost identical to the UK one ( not translated , still in English ). I paid twice for the same thing , but accept that like airport tax i suppose :-) - Thanks very much , good luck to all the others following us :-)

Arthur Little
10th February 2010, 15:55
you don't need to stay 21days in the philippines once the notice of marraige is posted in the UK.

:iagree: ... I arrived in Davao on 24th November 2008 ... went up to Manila the following week to exchange my CNI and present my wife's docs ... and were married on December 8 ... all accomplished within a fortnight!!

laurel
10th February 2010, 16:01
Hello All , firstly just want to say that che-che ( ApoEagle ) and myself are getting married on Samal Island here in Davao , on the beach , on Valentine's Day. We have not been posting for some time but still get our information from you all here , so salamat for that :-) . I just want to say that i exchanged my CNI at the UK Embassy in Manila last week and it was fine , i went around 8-30 am and waited 10-15 minutes to be seen and just 30 minutes for the certificate. The first time i only had my paperwork ( not che-che's as i thought the Embassy only dealt with me ) , not sure if this is clear on previous posts but you do need both parties CNI/Cenomar , birth cert and passport. Anyway i had to return the following day to complete.
The Embassy itself is a bit difficult to locate. There is nothing outside to identify it and only the fact that i had the exact address got me there ( Manila cab drivers are a bit of a nightmare , and if thats your first encounter with a filipino then dont worry , it only gets better ! ) . It is very secure , with armed guards and nothing like an Embassy or Consulate in Europe. It is true that all the staff are filipino , which surprised me but they spoke excellent english and that wasn't an issue at all.
We are both in our thirties ( che-che is 30 i should say !! ) and this has excused us from the pre-marriage seminar. It appears that if both of you are over 30 (or over 25 with parental consent ) then the seminar is legally not required. There is a sign in Davao City Hall to that effect. Also the 10 day rule for waiting for your marriage licence does appear to be strictly upheld ( maybe we didn't find the right person :-) )
Anyway all in all , get your CNI in the UK and dont worry about the exchange! The only gripe i have is that their version is almost identical to the UK one ( not translated , still in English ). I paid twice for the same thing , but accept that like airport tax i suppose :-) - Thanks very much , good luck to all the others following us :-)

Congrats for the wedding in advance, and also for the info you have just supplied...hoping to get 'there ' this year

Arthur Little
10th February 2010, 16:10
. The only gripe i have is that their version is almost *identical to the UK one ( not translated , still in English ). I paid twice for the same thing , but accept that like airport tax i suppose :-) - Thanks very much , good luck to all the others following us :-)

:Erm: ... *al~most ... but not quite! :NoNo: THEIRS is, if anything, less DETAILED than ours ... which is WHY I too, felt a bit miffed :angry: at having to pay [again] to have it exchanged for what looked like an abbreviated version - yet still printed in English!