PDA

View Full Version : Hairless armpits.....

pacificelectric
15th December 2009, 14:43
My gf from Davao told me that the first time she menstruated, her mother applied (cold) ashes over her armpits so her hair there would not grow and.. it worked! She promised herself she would do the same with her daughter, but her daughter was too shy to report her first menstruation and now... she needs to shave!! :D Anyone heard of that (apparently successful) ashes thing?????

jonathan47
15th December 2009, 15:03
lol i never heard of that does it work on other areas of the body too!!!

jj

KeithD
15th December 2009, 15:13
They don't naturally grow much hair there anyway, if any for a lot of folk.

Sim11UK
15th December 2009, 16:52
There is so much folklore & superstition in the Philippines. :Erm:

pacificelectric
15th December 2009, 18:32
Yes, and apparently lots of quack doctors as well! :Rasp:

Tawi2
15th December 2009, 19:00
Quack doctors and Hilots are everywhere in pinas,the power of auto suggestion,try and find clips online of the supposed pinoy psychic surgeons:rolleyes::icon_lol:As for body hair?They sure arent the most hirsute of races,I have known several adult ladies who had no body hair below the neck whatsoever :cwm24:That includes bolbol.

kimmi
15th December 2009, 19:25
I admit we've got loads of folklore or beliefs in the Philippines but havent heard of that one though..:Erm::Erm: but there's no harm in trying eh..:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::Rasp:

Tawi2
15th December 2009, 19:53
Oddest one I ever heard was if a woman got up and had a little jiggly type dance immediately following sex she wouldnt get buntis :Erm:Oh,and having sex with a pregnant woman would give the child dandruff when its born :Erm:And dont have a shower immediately you get home from work or excercise or you will have a stroke or go blind :Erm:

Sim11UK
15th December 2009, 20:39
go blind :Erm:

There is an activity here, folklore says you will go blind. :Erm:

Tawi2
15th December 2009, 20:41

Salsal?:Erm:

pacificelectric
15th December 2009, 22:22

Hmmm.... thought you would mean "deaf"...... :omg:

Arthur Little
16th December 2009, 01:01
Bear with me ... :Erm: ... we talkin' 'bout BARE OXTERS here ... or what??

JimOttley
16th December 2009, 01:38
Oddest one I ever heard was if a woman got up and had a little jiggly type dance immediately following sex she wouldnt get buntis :Erm:Oh,and having sex with a pregnant woman would give the child dandruff when its born :Erm:And dont have a shower immediately you get home from work or excercise or you will have a stroke or go blind :Erm:

Yep heard that one before, the dandruff would result in serious nakakahiya, hence thou shall't not copulate late in pregnancy :D (without a condom :D)

My mother was Irish and Catholic and had a similar range of insane superstitions, she was born in 1919 though, long time ago in UK cultural terms (I was a late baby).

So much of the Philippines reminds me of my own upbringing in a not terribly rich 3/4 Irish Catholic family in Scotland :D

Jim

JimOttley
16th December 2009, 01:39

Heard both of those too :D

Jim

JimOttley
16th December 2009, 01:42

:) Yep Arthur, I doubt the ashes had anything to do with the lassie being hairless in later life :D

Jim

KeithD
16th December 2009, 09:31
Unlike Japanese women, Filipina's don't have a very Mairy Hinge :Erm:

vbkelly
16th December 2009, 11:12
My gf from Davao told me that the first time she menstruated, her mother applied (cold) ashes over her armpits so her hair there would not grow and.. it worked! She promised herself she would do the same with her daughter, but her daughter was too shy to report her first menstruation and now... she needs to shave!! :D Anyone heard of that (apparently successful) ashes thing?????

whew i never heard of this but what about shaving the legs

KeithD
16th December 2009, 11:13
whew i never heard of this but what about shaving the legs
I'll get my razor....what's your address? :cwm24:

vbkelly
16th December 2009, 11:14
I'll get my razor....what's your address? :cwm24:

thanks boss but i got mine

ca143
16th December 2009, 11:53
My lola said if soemone is hairy especially in private part he/she is (UWAGAN).:icon_lol:

ca143
16th December 2009, 11:55
ohhhh i mean HAIRLESS....(UWAGAN)

Tawi2
16th December 2009, 12:14
ohhhh i mean HAIRLESS....(UWAGAN)
Really :cwm24::icon_lol:Is that plain old uwagan or mangi-uwagan:Erm::icon_lol:Theres always an old tree,banyan or similar in most villages,the old people say if you sleep beneath one the spirit of the tree comes and inhabits your body or sucks out your brains :cwm24:I fell asleep on a beach once and was told it was very dangerous as the mermaids could have came from the sea and taken me beneath the waves :bigcry:I saw St Elmos fire in a mangrove swamp on siquijor and was told it was the "Fairies" :Erm:

vbkelly
16th December 2009, 12:16
My lola said if soemone is hairy especially in private part he/she is (UWAGAN).:icon_lol:

haha they said but nice and fresh lol

Tawi2
16th December 2009, 12:23
I think nice and fresh kalbo private parts would make a person feel uwagan :icon_lol:Wheres this thread leading :Erm::icon_lol:

dave63
16th December 2009, 12:27
her mother applied (cold) ashes over her armpits so her hair there would not grow and.. it worked!

Explains why my brother has a bold head. Then again he is a chimney sweep!:icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
16th December 2009, 13:00
I think nice and fresh kalbo private parts would make a person feel uwagan :icon_lol:Wheres this thread leading :Erm::icon_lol:
Not sure, but something is definitely starting to smell fishy :cwm24:

Tawi2
16th December 2009, 13:04
Urggghhhhhhhh :vomit-smiley-011:

Doc Alan
16th December 2009, 17:26

Don't know if this enhances my reputation as a student of anatomy, but "oxter" is from the old English "oxta / ohsta" meaning armpit or axilla ; it's used mostly in Scotland but also northern England and Ireland. I believe it's "kili-kili" in Tagalog.
A fascinating thread !

Sim11UK
16th December 2009, 21:54
According to my good lady, there is a saying, that if a woman has no hair under her arms or in the 'ahem' 'cough' region, then she may not be contented. :cwm24:

...I just looked up the word UWAGAN :icon_eek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcsa1PCbWKs&feature=related

Tawi2
16th December 2009, 22:01
You would be surprised how many oriental women have no body hair in the "cough" region sim,and some who do actually have hair have no curl in it,just straight and silky to the touch :cwm24:

Sim11UK
16th December 2009, 22:06
You would be surprised how many oriental women have no body hair in the "cough" region sim,and some who do actually have hair have no curl in it,just straight and silky to the touch :cwm24:

Would you be an expert in that field? :BouncyHappy:

Northerner
16th December 2009, 22:10
This thread is getting interesting... :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

aromulus
16th December 2009, 22:11
This thread is getting interesting... :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

It is getting "hairy"....:D

Tawi2
16th December 2009, 22:13
Not an expert mate,just had a number of opportunities over the years when I was contemplating gynaecology as a career,it would have been churlish to pass up on them to further my knowledge of human anatomy,but havent most guys had the same chances :)

KeithD
16th December 2009, 22:24
....straight and silky to the touch :cwm24:
:Erm: Like a pussy?

Tawi2
16th December 2009, 22:25
Yeah,felis domesticus :)

Northerner
16th December 2009, 22:41
Is this thread evolving into a discussion on Sphynx cats? :Erm:

Sim11UK
16th December 2009, 22:49