PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Everyone Tonight ... ????

Arthur Little
12th December 2009, 23:18
... writing Christmas Cards, dozing in front of the telly :NEW5: ... or ... gone off to bed? It just occurred to me that it's unusual there's No Unread Posts at this hour of a Saturday evening.

Sim11UK
12th December 2009, 23:23
I think they were all watching the X Factor Arthur :doh

Arthur Little
12th December 2009, 23:26

Ahh ... I KNEW there must be SOME reason ... thanks, Simon! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aug06_2006
12th December 2009, 23:34

present hehehe! good result intertainer Ollys is my hubby idol and mine is adorable joe.

Sim11UK
12th December 2009, 23:35
Maybe they've all gone to that christmas 'do' RickyR was trying to organise & we're the only two who didn't get invites? :bigcry:

It is very quiet? :Erm:

bornatbirth
13th December 2009, 00:26
we have spent the day with my parents,having a xmas dinner before they go back to wales :D

South-east boy
13th December 2009, 03:11
I thought it was pretty quiet here earlier too. I actually fell asleep in front of the PC for a while, then came too and watched a couple of DVDs. Now in bed!

aromulus
13th December 2009, 09:37
... writing Christmas Cards, dozing in front of the telly :NEW5: ... or ... gone off to bed? It just occurred to me that it's unusual there's No Unread Posts at this hour of a Saturday evening.

Don't you have a wife to tend to...???:Erm:

KeithD
13th December 2009, 10:18
Don't you have a wife to tend to...???:Erm:
His or yours? :cwm24:

Arthur Little
30th January 2010, 23:55
... on the forum; indeed a fair number of 'regulars' have been conspicuous by their absence over the past week or two or ... !!!

:confused:

Doc Alan
31st January 2010, 03:01
... on the forum; indeed a fair number of 'regulars' have been conspicuous by their absence over the past week or two or ... !!!

:confused:

Last time you posted your concern was 12 December Arthur, just before the long cold spell , maybe everyone's hibernating again or SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder):) TATT (Tired All The Time) -there's an alarming number of causes :yikes:Or looking for Scottish pound notes to send you ?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
2nd February 2010, 02:24
Where was Arthur last night?:rolleyes:

Arthur Little
3rd February 2010, 02:04
Where was Arthur last night?:rolleyes:

Touche', Alan! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well actually, I've just spent the past couple of afternoons & evenings, wending my weary way through a quagmire of bewildering [to ME, at any *rate ... *pun INtended!] facts and figures :omg: ... in a somewhat feverish [albeit not altogether successful] attempt to convince a good friend of mine who's a "financial wizard" that I WILL (ultimately) go along with his wise counsel as to how to maximise my modest savings ... based on my Occupational & State Pensions, respectively.

As one who is about to embark on the visa process, you can well-imagine :rolleyes: the effect the outlay of the past 15 months or so has had on my "piggy bank". And, with the [belated] honeymoon looming on the not-too-distant horizon, I thought it prudent to sort out my priorities!!!

But now, I'm back in infinitely more familiar (and interesting) territory ... immersed in the "written (or rather ... typed) word" ... which I have long-regarded as being my true forte'!

FOOTNOTE: :Erm: ... Wish I knew the "secret" for accentuating expressions like touche' and forte'. :doh

Doc Alan
3rd February 2010, 10:36
Touche', Alan! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

... my modest savings ... based on my Occupational & State Pensions, respectively.

and Scottish pound notes which are no use in the Philippines?!:)
But seriously, I was beginning to worry ... had I offended you ? or were you stuck in the train on your way to Paris ? :yikes:

Arthur Little
4th February 2010, 01:09
and *Scottish pound notes which are no use in the Philippines?!:)
But seriously, I was beginning to worry ... had I offended you ? or were you stuck in the train on your way to Paris ? :yikes:

And *which [apparently] are of even LESS use south of Carlisle ... if someone's post on the relevant thread is to be believed! :doh

You HAVEN'T offended me, my friend :NoNo: ... nor have I been stranded in the Channel Tunnel ... yet! :yikes:

Doc Alan
5th February 2010, 00:09
I think the question tonight is "Who is not here ?" Not much on tele apart from "Mock The Week" but plenty on the Forum!:)

Arthur Little
5th February 2010, 00:57
I think the question tonight is "Who is not here ?" Not much on tele apart from "Mock The Week" but *plenty on the Forum!:)

:iagree: ... and, like YOU, I'm "in my element" when *this happens!:Yippeee: