PDA

View Full Version : A question on schgen tourist visas?

andypaul
1st December 2006, 20:07
I just can't seem to find a definte answer to a question.

My Wife wishes to go on holiday with some friends. She has a Spouse Schgen visa.

Would she safely be able to travel without me,visa wise?

I have tried when traveling with my wife let her go though on her own to see if they ask if traveling alone or not. But can't be sure it will be ok.

The last thing we want is for a overzealous official to cause us a problem and possibly send my wife back or worse not let her travel.

If anyone has any info we would be most grateful.

andypaul
3rd December 2006, 00:37
Intial feedback from asking this question elsewhere and people from previous experince say there is no problem with the phill spouse traveling alone on a schegen visa.

A_flyer
3rd December 2006, 17:23
No there's no problem for her to travel alone.

vbkelly
4th December 2006, 10:41
No there's no problem for her to travel alone.

you can travel some european country theres no need for a tourist visa like switzerland

A_flyer
4th December 2006, 13:11
you can travel some european country theres no need for a tourist visa like switzerland
Yes, all 15 Schengen states and Switzerland.

BUT: be carefull not to transit in a European Country while going from a Schengen state to another if your Schengen visa is 1 entry only or you will be denied entry.

Here are infos with the last regulations: http://www.mediavisa.net/schengen-area.html

andypaul
15th February 2007, 00:24
Little update the wife was back yesterday from a trip to italy. Had no problems on the way in or out.
The Asked a few questions in the uk but they were just standard questions any uk passport holder might get asked apart from where is hubby. When she said that i was outside waiting, the officer let her though, but i think the question was more for conversation while stamping the passport than anything else.