PDA

View Full Version : Schengen Visa Approved

eula mackay
2nd December 2009, 19:28
I applied nov 19 (tuesday) and i was told it could take up to 4 weeks. My passport was delivered at work yesterday. The whole process only took 12 days!!! I am well pleased! I was granted a year's visa with stay up to 90 days!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Ji&Ma
2nd December 2009, 19:47
I applied nov 19 (tuesday) and i was told it could take up to 4 weeks. My passport was delivered at work yesterday. The whole process only took 12 days!!! I am well pleased! I was granted a year's visa with stay up to 90 days!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Good news then :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Where are you going to?
Congratulations, well done :Hellooo:

eula mackay
2nd December 2009, 20:15
we are off to paris for three nights on the 19th of december. we live a few minutes away from ebbsfleet so its really convenient.

in january we are off to spain for 5 days.

and the best bit - amsterdam with the girls week before valentines :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
2nd December 2009, 20:17

:) Heartiest Congratulations ... and well done!

Jay&Zobel
3rd December 2009, 12:36
Happy holidaying!!!

September
3rd December 2009, 13:17
well done

James Hubbard
3rd December 2009, 13:18
and the best bit - amsterdam with the girls :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

:yikes::omg::yikes:

vbkelly
3rd December 2009, 13:30
we are off to paris for three nights on the 19th of december. we live a few minutes away from ebbsfleet so its really convenient.

in january we are off to spain for 5 days.

and the best bit - amsterdam with the girls week before valentines :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

that's goodnews and congratulation! is your schengen visa is for paris only?

liane
3rd December 2009, 13:52
Congrats!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jonnywina
3rd December 2009, 14:09
that's goodnews and congratulation! is your schengen visa is for paris only?

I think Schengen Visa allows you to travel the whole europe..

darren-b
3rd December 2009, 15:21
I think Schengen Visa allows you to travel the whole europe..

It's not quite the whole of europe, it's the 25 countries that make up the schengen area, and there's a few more joining soon. It doesn't though for example include ireland.

Tawi2
3rd December 2009, 15:24
Amster-damaged with the girls :cwm24:scariest things in the Dam arent the "Windows" in the red-light district nor the coffee-shops,but the brit hen-parties :omg::ARsurrender:

eula mackay
3rd December 2009, 21:31
thanks everyone. im well pleased with the duration they granted me. its been a bit frustrating for myself and my husband being limited as to where we could go for a holiday.

amsterdam should be a good laugh. i cant wait!!! all them things that need discovering. :cwm12:

Tawi2
3rd December 2009, 21:37
Things everyone should do in amsterdam off the top of my head,visit the sex museum,cannabis college,Ann Franks House,take a canal boat ride,hire a bicycle and visit the red-light district windows,Oh yeah and theres also a very small merkin museum :Erm:Not that the merkins are small,probably average size as merkins go,but the collection isnt that large :)

Tawi2
3rd December 2009, 21:39
Best coffee shops are Barneys(renown fried breakfast)Greenhouse(met the owner once or twice,guy called Arjan and his sidekick Franco)Bulldog,and Grey area :)

James Hubbard
3rd December 2009, 22:28
Tawi, I never cease to be amazed at the absolute breadth and depth of your knowledge! You have been everywhere!

:)

Tawi2
3rd December 2009, 22:40
Not really,I used to go to the Dam often for whatever reason,I was offered a very unusual job there once which I turned down :icon_lol:We all have idiosyncracies that would surprise others should they become public knowledge :)Enjoy Amsterdam Eula :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eula mackay
3rd December 2009, 22:55
thanks tawi2, im sure the girls and i will have a wicked time.

its nice to have a break once in a while with friends :)

Tawi2
3rd December 2009, 22:59
I think they might be shocked by the bicycle rider in the sex museum(looks painful) :cwm24::icon_lol: Dont forget a nice canal cruise :)

Arthur Little
3rd December 2009, 23:00

Paris by Eurostar eh? :rolleyes: Ideally, that's the way my wife and I would LIKE to travel ... rather than fly ... because, even although the French Capital is just over an hour's flight from Scotland, one misses out on the beauties of the passing countryside en route, when going by plane.

Trouble IS, Eurostar doesn't operate north of London :bigcry: ... which, of course, considerably ups the total cost in terms of connecting rail fares. In this sense, you're fortunate living in Ebbsfleet.

Tawi2
3rd December 2009, 23:02
Paris by Eurostar eh? :rolleyes: Ideally, that's the way my wife and I would LIKE to travel ... rather than fly ... because, even although the French Capital is just over an hour's flight from Scotland, one misses out on the beauties of the passing countryside en route, when going by plane.

Trouble IS, Eurostar doesn't operate north of London :bigcry: ... which, of course, considerably ups the total cost in terms of connecting rail fares. In this sense, you're fortunate living in Ebbsfleet.
My sis went to Paris for lunch last year on Eurostar,and was back home in London early evening :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
3rd December 2009, 23:13
in january we are off to spain for 5 days

Mmm ... lucky you! :) One of our members ... John Carr ... and his wife, are actually domiciled in Spain. Don't know which part, though!

Arthur Little
3rd December 2009, 23:22
they become public knowledge :)Enjoy Amsterdam Eula :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm sure she ... :Erm: ... THEY, will! Also, enjoy your Parisian and Spanish breaks when each of them come round, Eula! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
3rd December 2009, 23:32
It's not quite the whole of europe, it's the 25 countries that make up the schengen area, and there's a few more joining soon. It doesn't though for example include ireland.

:Erm: Just a thought! Does being granted a Schengen Visa [albeit issued by the FRENCH consulate] entitle the holder to onward journeys to other European cities (within the schengen area, of course) e.g., Rome ... on the same trip, should the opportunity arise?

James Hubbard
4th December 2009, 02:29
When my wife gets her UK visa, will she be entitled to visit Ireland? Or will she need some special visa for that?

Thanks

Jim.:Hellooo:

James Hubbard
4th December 2009, 02:32
:Erm: Just a thought! Does being granted a Schengen Visa [albeit issued by the FRENCH consulate] entitle the holder to onward journeys to other European cities (within the schengen area, of course) e.g., Rome ... on the same trip, should the opportunity arise?

I think ... yes, as long as the main part of your stay is in the country corresponding to the consulate from which you obtained your visa.

Don't quote me though, I'd wait to hear from JoeBloggs or "somebody"!

Jim.

darren-b
4th December 2009, 07:42

It allows you to visit anywhere within the Schengen area on the same trip, or a different trip so long as you travel before the visa expires.

Travelling between countries within the Schengen area (plane/road/rail) you just simply won't have to go through any immigration control.

When my wife gets her UK visa, will she be entitled to visit Ireland? Or will she need some special visa for that?

Thanks

Jim.:Hellooo:

I am assuming you mean Eire rather than Northern Ireland. If so will need a special visa issued by the Irish Embassy. Some people do travel there through Northern Ireland and often get away without a visa, but just because you can get there it doesn't mean you are legally there. If found out you are likely to get deported and a black mark on your passport.

eula mackay
4th December 2009, 21:46
one of the other benefits of the ebbsfleet station is the new fast train. 17mins to kings cross! a bit pricey compared to normal train (which takes an hour or so from gravesend) but if cost is not an issue and you value your time its well worth it.

there was a deal on the times travel a few weeks ago and i was able to book return tickets with eurostar for £100. BARGAIN!

Arthur Little
4th December 2009, 22:15
there was a *deal on the times travel a few weeks ago and i was able to book return tickets with eurostar for £100. BARGAIN!

Yes, that's right! :iagree: Indeed, one of our members was kind enough to draw attention to *it ... even supplied the relevant passwords appearing in three successive editions of the Times. Unfortunately [for ME!] though, the offer had closed before my wife was issued with her Schengen Visa! :doh Guess I should've been quicker off the mark.