PDA

View Full Version : My first webpage

pennybarry
1st December 2009, 14:28
I am trying to build a webpage after my 3 weeks schooling at Edinburgh. My course is not yet finished but I tried to build as practice.

I will accept your bad and good comments and help my site looks good.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

More tips please.:)

triple5
1st December 2009, 14:31
Difficult to see from the screenshots, Penny, is it online yet so we can see properly?

pennybarry
1st December 2009, 14:34
Difficult to see from the screenshots, Penny, is it online yet so we can see properly?

Yes it's small sorry :D. I tried to upload in my photo album.
http://filipinaroses.com/album.php?albumid=263&pictureid=2644

triple5
1st December 2009, 14:39
After only 3 weeks thats very good :) Are you using dreamweaver?

pennybarry
1st December 2009, 14:44
After only 3 weeks thats very good :) Are you using dreamweaver?

Oh really!!! Thank you very much!!!! :omg::omg:

Yes, I am using Dreamweaver 8 at home.
After I moaned a lot from hubby, I got the program.:doh

To be honest, I want more tips. I tried to search online and I learned about scrolling marquee and wow! I made it. :Rasp::icon_lol:

Northerner
1st December 2009, 15:07
Well done Penny, far better than my first attempt at a web page (come to think of it, it is better than my first 5 or 6 pages)...

My tip is to learn how to use Photoshop as well as fireworks. You caan use fireworks to design a layout for a webpage quite easily. Photoshop is awesome once you get to know the basics..

Also, get to know css layers. You can litterally stack images on top of one another to create whatever effect you want. There is a lot of messing around with it, you need to know how many pixels you need to space image A so far from image B and so on..

Another tip.. Liisten to music while your trying to design something:xxgrinning--00xx3: It helps me, maybe it will help you..

pennybarry
1st December 2009, 15:22
Well done Penny, far better than my first attempt at a web page (come to think of it, it is better than my first 5 or 6 pages)...

My tip is to learn how to use Photoshop as well as fireworks. You caan use fireworks to design a layout for a webpage quite easily. Photoshop is awesome once you get to know the basics..

Also, get to know css layers. You can litterally stack images on top of one another to create whatever effect you want. There is a lot of messing around with it, you need to know how many pixels you need to space image A so far from image B and so on..

Another tip.. Liisten to music while your trying to design something:xxgrinning--00xx3: It helps me, maybe it will help you..

Thank you very much Northener.:omg:
Photoshop CS4 is really hard for me. I have my tutorial but still I'm stuck oftentimes. I might need to enrol in the future. Fireworks is great! I've seen those webpage with fireworks design but I don't know how to use it yet.
Our topics done were cascading CSS Rule, DIV Tags, navigation, Inserting images, Reading HTML, behaviours and soon we will make frames.

Yes I don't know what to do with the space on the right. :bigcry:
I just drew a layer from format menu bar and insert image. :icon_lol:
I want to insert a gallery maybe. What do you think? Please help.

Northerner
1st December 2009, 16:07
Check out youtube... Lots of tuturials, some are bad but you learn to ignore them.

I recomend tutvid on youtube:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
1st December 2009, 16:23
Check out youtube... Lots of tuturials, some are bad but you learn to ignore them.

I recomend tutvid on youtube:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow Tutvid is great! He speaks not too fast and he has better accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98-6DdCPRoA

I have watched their video tutorials for photo Gallery.!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Northener!

Is making webpage is your business? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aphrodite78
1st December 2009, 16:41
hi penny,

i am also studying web design and you have done well for 3 weeks. :)

pennybarry
1st December 2009, 16:52
hi penny,

i am also studying web design and you have done well for 3 weeks. :)

Wow! I wish we are classmates so you can teach me lol!:icon_lol::BouncyHappy::cwm12: What software you are using?
I wish to finish my course soon. I used to stay at school from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm. I can go to school anytime from 9-5 mon-sat. Very comfortable as we have no schedule to follow.

Northerner
1st December 2009, 19:03
Wow Tutvid is great! He speaks not too fast and he has better accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98-6DdCPRoA

I have watched their video tutorials for photo Gallery.!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Northener!

Is making webpage is your business? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

No, I design the odd web page for fun but also for a friends business. And I am self taught, far from being a good designer... Some days I spend the whole day working on a website, only to reject it later:doh:rolleyes:

Oh, well.. But it can be fun sometimes:)

KeithD
1st December 2009, 19:18
Penny you can add a link to it if you have one :)

Now learn PHP/MySQL (it's easy) and you'll be worth a good wad in the IT market.

pennybarry
1st December 2009, 20:00
No, I design the odd web page for fun but also for a friends business. And I am self taught, far from being a good designer... Some days I spend the whole day working on a website, only to reject it later:doh:rolleyes:

Oh, well.. But it can be fun sometimes:)

Wow that's great! You must be a good designer. Men usually very good in design. :xxgrinning--00xx3: And english people do learn by just reading lol. Unlike me, I really need to enrol.:bigcry:

This is the business I want in the future. But only a dream yet. :D
I live in the city in Pinas but there are only few business with own website.
I am sure I need to learn more to get there.

Fireworks is not that easy, so maybe I will choose webhosting with photo gallery features.:D

Penny you can add a link to it if you have one :)

Now learn PHP/MySQL (it's easy) and you'll be worth a good wad in the IT market.

Boss, I made Mypage,index,css,welcome,and template html in one site and folder. I don't know how will it link together later. :omg: I have a small idea only at the moment.:D I am making website in the school and it said in the book, I will see the site after I finished the 7 lessons.

I have learned about PHP/MySQL when I bought online for a joomla and siteground templates. It didn't work out because I am not satisfied with their templates and hard for me to make design of my own. But then I learned a lot about MySQL.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Boss, I am making a council type webpage. It is about our town so I need more links to do. :Brick::bigcry:

aphrodite78
1st December 2009, 22:00
Wow! I wish we are classmates so you can teach me lol!:icon_lol::BouncyHappy::cwm12: What software you are using?
I wish to finish my course soon. I used to stay at school from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm. I can go to school anytime from 9-5 mon-sat. Very comfortable as we have no schedule to follow.

i am studying web design and management, software includes perl, java, asp, php etc etc (so many:Cuckoo:). i should have finished it 1 1/2 yrs ago but got pregnant every year (2007, 2008), so i have to stop every now and then it's quite hard trying to juggle learning, work and family . yup i wish as well that we are going at the same school, i can't go to school physically hence i am an open uni student, i have no time, 2 young kids and currently part time working at home. that's why when i saw your web page it's pretty good considering you have tried learning it for 3 weeks. well done to u.

pennybarry
2nd December 2009, 07:52
i am studying web design and management, software includes perl, java, asp, php etc etc (so many:Cuckoo:). i should have finished it 1 1/2 yrs ago but got pregnant every year (2007, 2008), so i have to stop every now and then it's quite hard trying to juggle learning, work and family . yup i wish as well that we are going at the same school, i can't go to school physically hence i am an open uni student, i have no time, 2 young kids and currently part time working at home. that's why when i saw your web page it's pretty good considering you have tried learning it for 3 weeks. well done to u.

Wow that is a long time course for you and you are so hardworking Mom:xxgrinning--00xx3:. I understand you are busy with kids and education here is like a fast learning. You need to have time to study at home, practice, doing homework. I can do all of those as studying is my hobby at the moment.

I am doing ECDL, it is a one year course but I am qualified to take it in fast tract of 12 weeks. IMO, Webdesign will be easy if you have background in MS Office and good background in internet. You can learn more it in a month in a reputable learning school with teaching assistants and if you focus your time studying.

I have no much knowledge about Java software you are using. This is the one I am using at home and at school.

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Macromedia_Dreamweaver_8

pocahontas
2nd December 2009, 21:54
I am trying to build a webpage after my 3 weeks schooling at Edinburgh. My course is not yet finished but I tried to build as practice.

I will accept your bad and good comments and help my site looks good.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

More tips please.:)

ok...ate pen, finally here's my reply CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSS:BouncyHappy: im so happy for you FINALLY your here to announce in everyone bout your proudly website.. guys i did know first about this and im happy hehe... where i know how hard you did your best and really work for this.. just continuing do things that makes you happy and be proud and happy in small accomplishments though for me its not a small but a very hard accomplishments.. coz programmes is not that easy to learn specially for me..:icon_lol:

you are the best energetic busy girl i ever know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

looking forward in your next big website that will hit the website world...NAKS..:cwm12:

pennybarry
3rd December 2009, 17:38
ok...ate pen, finally here's my reply CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSS:BouncyHappy: im so happy for you FINALLY your here to announce in everyone bout your proudly website.. guys i did know first about this and im happy hehe... where i know how hard you did your best and really work for this.. just continuing do things that makes you happy and be proud and happy in small accomplishments though for me its not a small but a very hard accomplishments.. coz programmes is not that easy to learn specially for me..:icon_lol:

you are the best energetic busy girl i ever know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

looking forward in your next big website that will hit the website world...NAKS..:cwm12:

:D:Rasp: You were the first time seen it di ba? ehehehehhe
Thanks for your miss call! Of course I will call back if I got voice message and miss calls. What are friends for? :icon_lol::BouncyHappy::cwm12:

somebody
5th December 2009, 15:34
Looks like all the hard work is paying off, like with anything at first learning a skill/s seems hard and then suddenly it will all click. Hope you like learning as with all IT you will be learning for the rest of your working career:D

Plenty of free or cheap webhosting sites about they might bung on some adverts but if it saves you money its worth it:D

pennybarry
6th December 2009, 13:21
Looks like all the hard work is paying off, like with anything at first learning a skill/s seems hard and then suddenly it will all click. Hope you like learning as with all IT you will be learning for the rest of your working career:D

Plenty of free or cheap webhosting sites about they might bung on some adverts but if it saves you money its worth it:D

Thanks Somebody!
I search about the ten best webhosting company and their ratings. I wish to register mine soon.I was very happy when I finished my first page. I am very proud of it! I would always prefer to learn as learning is fun!

KeithD
7th December 2009, 11:01
Be careful with web hosts some are pretty crap, Webfusion is the worst in my book.

pennybarry
7th December 2009, 11:26
Be careful with web hosts some are pretty crap, Webfusion is the worst in my book.

Thanks Boss! Webfusion is not in top 10, but in top rated views in UK latest web reviews ! :omg:I think I should not believe in ratings. :omg:

http://www.hostratings.co.uk/

KeithD
7th December 2009, 12:57
Thanks Boss! Webfusion is not in top 10, but in top rated views in UK latest web reviews ! :omg:I think I should not believe in ratings. :omg:

http://www.hostratings.co.uk/
You'll find most of those rating sites are working on commission.