PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to have my documents apostiled?

DaveUK
26th November 2009, 14:27
I just picked up what the local registry on the Isle of Man tell me is my CNI, although the document is headed "Certificate For Marriage". I phoned up the registry to confirm this was the correct document and they reckon it is.

Anyway, while on the phone, the guy I was chatting to mentioned I might need my birth certificate, etc apostiled. Does anyone know if I do?

lordna
27th November 2009, 13:54
I just picked up what the local registry on the Isle of Man tell me is my CNI, although the document is headed "Certificate For Marriage". I phoned up the registry to confirm this was the correct document and they reckon it is.

Anyway, while on the phone, the guy I was chatting to mentioned I might need my birth certificate, etc apostiled. Does anyone know if I do?

Mine was headed 'Certificate of No impediment to marriage' but then it was issued in the uk and not isle of man. I would check you have the right document....did you have to wait 21 days for it? if not then its not the right document.

I didnt get mine apostled!

whiteraven
27th November 2009, 14:47
Mine was headed 'Certificate of No impediment to marriage' but then it was issued in the uk and not isle of man. I would check you have the right document....did you have to wait 21 days for it? if not then its not the right document.

:iagree:

DaveUK
29th November 2009, 22:28

When I contacted the Consulate, she described the form issued in the UK, ie both partner's details listed which mine has and it details that I'm a bachelor and Yam is a spinster. I also had to wait 21 clear days for it to be issued to me.

But, as the Consulate doesn't know what the Isle of Man one is supposed to look like, I'm getting it notarised tomorrow and hopefully, it should be accepted.

IainBusby
30th November 2009, 10:23
When I contacted the Consulate, she described the form issued in the UK, ie both partner's details listed which mine has and it details that I'm a bachelor and Yam is a spinster. I also had to wait 21 clear days for it to be issued to me.

But, as the Consulate doesn't know what the Isle of Man one is supposed to look like, I'm getting it notarised tomorrow and hopefully, it should be accepted.
If it was me mate I wouldn't chance it, better to take a quick trip to Manila where I imagine they should know that the Isle of Man is part of the UK.