PDA

View Full Version : Exit not disastrous - Carragher

Win2Win
24th November 2009, 10:50
Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher says Champions League elimination would not be a disaster for the club because they can fall back on the Europa League.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/europe/8375625.stm)

aromulus
24th November 2009, 11:02
What a plonker....:doh

triple5
24th November 2009, 11:32
Nothing wrong with having a plan B :D

les_taxi
24th November 2009, 11:39
all the progress liverpool have made over last few years is fast disappearing! Carragher's comments are very defeatist and typical of a club going downhill fast.

can't stand the guy been getting away with murder on pitch for years and recently been very exposed.
He is liverpool 100% tho but if he has thrown in the towel then the foreign players aint gona rescue the club,they only want paycheck.

aposhark
24th November 2009, 12:22
all the progress liverpool have made over last few years is fast disappearing! Carragher's comments are very defeatist and typical of a club going downhill fast.

can't stand the guy been getting away with murder on pitch for years and recently been very exposed.
He is liverpool 100% tho but if he has thrown in the towel then the foreign players aint gona rescue the club,they only want paycheck.

Straight to the point and totally correct IMO :xxgrinning--00xx3:

triple5
24th November 2009, 12:52
:doh: did any of you even read the article? Hardly defeatist.

been getting away with murder on pitch for years and recently been very exposed.

You still talking about Jamie, sounds like a description of Rio?

les_taxi
24th November 2009, 13:11
:doh: did any of you even read the article? Hardly defeatist.

You still talking about Jamie, sounds like a description of Rio?

i read it and still stick to my points of view,last 3 seasons all we hear is liverpool can win the premiership this year! lol

That was over in october:doh
champions league campaign never even off the ground:doh
out of your favourite noddy cup already:doh

so liverpool got noddy european cup and fa cup to go:xxgrinning--00xx3:
shaping up to be an all conquering season:icon_lol:

i will agree with the rio comments tho but he has been a great defender for his club and country for years but past his sell by date now.

rio 76 england caps:xxgrinning--00xx3:
carragher 34 caps:doh

aposhark
24th November 2009, 13:11
Carragher was once Everton 100%
This is how fickle they all are, unlike the supporters who pay to see them.

triple5
24th November 2009, 13:30
Carragher was once Everton 100%
This is how fickle they all are, unlike the supporters who pay to see them.

Everton couldn't afford him :icon_lol:

rio 76 england caps
carragher 34 caps

Jamie retired early to concentrate on his club career :icon_lol: thats loyalty for you.

I'll have to admit though it's been a nightmare season so far. I didn't think I'd ever say it but it's probably time Rafa went. Get the yanks out, and clear out a lot of deadwood in the squad.

A few decent signings in the summer and we'll win the league in 2011!!! :Rasp::icon_lol:

les_taxi
24th November 2009, 13:47
Everton couldn't afford him :icon_lol:

Jamie retired early to concentrate on his club career :icon_lol: thats loyalty for you.

I'll have to admit though it's been a nightmare season so far. I didn't think I'd ever say it but it's probably time Rafa went. Get the yanks out, and clear out a lot of deadwood in the squad.

A few decent signings in the summer and we'll win the league in 2011!!! :Rasp::icon_lol:

you mean non-selection for england helped him make his mind up:icon_lol:

a few decent signings i agree i think 9 should suffice:D

KeithD
24th November 2009, 13:54
Glad to see you talk about Ferdinand that way! :D

adam&chryss
24th November 2009, 17:21
Blimey! its like reading The Sun with all the negative comments about Liverpool. I take it most of the comments are from Mancs as Chelski havnt got much to shout about in Europe. Oh, wait they did lose in the final recently, just like Arsenal. At least Arsenal play nice football on their way to NO trophies since 2004.
At least the Mancs have actually been Champions of Europe, although of course not 5 times..........:action-smiley-081:

aromulus
24th November 2009, 18:26
Blimey! its like reading The Sun with all the negative comments about Liverpool. I take it most of the comments are from Mancs as Chelski havnt got much to shout about in Europe. course

I called Carragher a plonker, because he shows the true defeatist attitude

Again it reminded me of a latin translation done in school so many years ago....

The Fox And The Grapes
(Aesop's fables)
It was a very hot and sunny afternoon. A fox, which had been hunting the whole day, was very thirsty.
"How I wish there was some water," the fox thought to himself.
Just then, he saw bunches of fat and juicy grapes hanging from a vine above his head. The grapes looked ripe and ready to burst with juice.
"Oh, my! Oh, my!" the fox said as his mouth began to water. "Sweet grape juice, quench my thirst!"
The fox stood on tiptoe and stretched as high as he could, but the grapes were out of his reach.
http://www.sgbox.com/images/fox.jpgNot about to give up, the fox walked back a short distance and took a running leap at the grapes. Again, he could not reach the grapes. Still not ready to give up, the fox walked back further and took another running leap at the grapes. Again, he could not reach the grapes.

The fox jumped and leapt, again and again, but each time he could not reach the grapes. Until, at last, the fox was tired and thirstier than ever.
"What a fool I am!" said the fox furiously. "These grapes are sour and not fit for eating. Why would I want them anyway?"
With that, the fox walked away.
Some people despise and belittle the things they cannot have.

Dedworth
24th November 2009, 21:01
Cheating Scousers 1 nil up after a few minutes - Diver Ngog

aromulus
24th November 2009, 21:20

No good anyway....

Fiorentina scored....

KeithD
24th November 2009, 21:46
I think you'll find he's French.... where the REAL cheats come from ....eh Henry? :rolleyes:

bornatbirth
24th November 2009, 21:51
at least you have the europa cup to fall back on :icon_lol:

i always knew benny was class :xxgrinning--00xx3: