PDA

View Full Version : stressed

bert72
21st November 2009, 14:45
hi everyone,hope you are well!i am flying out to manila on december 25th i wrote a post asking for advice and information about what i needed to bring with me to the embassy to apply for a passport for my son!ythis is my problem,im 37yrs old,according to my passport i was born in salisbury wiltshire, so i got in contact with the births deaths and marriage department and asked for a copy of my full birth certificate,should be simple right.no they cant find me on record!they say it could take a while for them to look for my information, im starting to panic,less than five weeks till i fly out!i thought i just needed my new bio passport!mmm dont know wat to do!

bornatbirth
21st November 2009, 14:54
why did you leave it so late :Erm: my friend,maybe they say it will take long but only take a few weeks...lets hope so and get the express passport option so it takes a few days.

next time when you need something get it asap as you never know what hold ups you will encounter along the way?

johncar54
21st November 2009, 14:57
Have you tried contacting the Registrars' office for the place you were born, that used to hold the original record? They could then issue a certified copy.

Ana_may365
21st November 2009, 15:03
why did you leave it so late :Erm: my friend,maybe they say it will take long but only take a few weeks...lets hope so and get the express passport option so it takes a few days.

next time when you need something get it asap as you never know what hold ups you will encounter along the way?

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
21st November 2009, 15:06
Have you tried contacting the Registrars' office for the place you were born, that used to hold the original record? They could then issue a certified copy.

thats true and if you apply from them it will be cheaper too,i phoned the central goverment one and the guy told me to go directly to them and to save time and money.

phone your local council to find your registers office,i think i found mine online.

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/communityandliving/birthsdeathsmarriages.htm

IainBusby
22nd November 2009, 14:10
hi everyone,hope you are well!i am flying out to manila on december 25th i wrote a post asking for advice and information about what i needed to bring with me to the embassy to apply for a passport for my son!ythis is my problem,im 37yrs old,according to my passport i was born in salisbury wiltshire, so i got in contact with the births deaths and marriage department and asked for a copy of my full birth certificate,should be simple right.no they cant find me on record!they say it could take a while for them to look for my information, im starting to panic,less than five weeks till i fly out!i thought i just needed my new bio passport!mmm dont know wat to do!

When I wanted a copy of my birth certificate I just typed in "birth certificate" on google and found that there were lots of companies online who will do all the work for you. I can't remember which one I used, but from what I do remember, it was both quick and simple. I just filled in an online form, paid the fee by credit card and the birth certificate arrived within a week or so.

Iain.

bert72
24th November 2009, 17:47
mine is difficult,as i was adopted!my mum had me at a young age! i tried to contact the registry office on my passport they had no record of me!plus it was all done by hand in them days,so they said it could take some time to locate me!i only have a small certificate which is no good!i thought my passport would of been enough proof ,until i looked on the site!hope i get my copy soon!thankyou for listening to me!

johncar54
24th November 2009, 18:23
mine is difficult,as i was adopted!my mum had me at a young age! i tried to contact the registry office on my passport they had no record of me!plus it was all done by hand in them days,so they said it could take some time to locate me!i only have a small certificate which is no good!i thought my passport would of been enough proof ,until i looked on the site!hope i get my copy soon!thankyou for listening to me!

My birth cert is also a handwritten entry but I have a full copy.

I would have thought that if the copy you have shows the office where your birth was recorded, then it can only be a question of someone looking at the registry entry for that day.

I seem to remember that when I got y copy [I] just walked into the registrar office (in Camberwell London for me) and they gave me the copy there and then.

bert72
24th November 2009, 19:28
hi everyone,got a phone call from the registry office,they havent got me on file!so i can only think i may b registered in another name(not the one on my passport,this is confusing me!)as i was addopted as a baby,iv never met my biological father!and my addopted father passed away 13yrs ago!i have a small certificate with my name on it,it was issued in belfast,a year after i was born!so ive called the registry office in belfast,im waiting for a reply!i dont know what other name i could be under!as i have never kept in touch with my family(im a black sheep of the family)as my mum and dad were school sweethearts in northern ireland,and my mum got pregnant,my mum was sent to live on a farm,as she brought shame on the family name!etc etc!wat do i do?

johncar54
25th November 2009, 08:51
Bert I am confused. You say you have a passport which shows you were born in Salisbury Wiltshire but you also say you have a cert which shows you were born in Belfast !!!

To have obtained the passport you must have had a birth cert

The short cert shows:-

............ a "short" birth certificate, which is an abstract of the original entry and only includes the surname, forename(s), date of birth, sex, registration district and sub-district in which the birth took place. ....................

Thus you should be able to see the sub district where your birth was registered.

Or have I lost the plot ?

bert72
26th November 2009, 20:28
sorry johncar54,the small certificate,with my name on it,was issued from belfast! a year after i was born!