PDA

View Full Version : silly, silly mistake

eula mackay
20th November 2009, 23:05
attended my visa appointment at the french consulate last week. i had all the documents they require (i thought so anyway). they didnt really need much apart from my passport, my husbands passport and our marriage certificate. my husband flew to berlin day before appointment so he obviously had his passport with him. optimistic fool that i am i honestly believe that if i have his old passport and current driving license it should not be a problem. oh how wrong was i. they need CURRENT passport. they were ever so helpful though. i was asked when i could return and they gave me the appointment.

i attended my appointment yesterday, this time with ALL the documents. i was in out in 20mins, i was first in the queue though. it was very windy but it was worth i. they will be returning my passport via post.

anyone knows how long it actually takes for them to post passport back? one staff told me 2-3 weeks, the other one said 4. i need it back before 19th of december and i dont want to panick! :doh

el capitan
24th November 2009, 17:04
If you need it back by a specific date for a reason, probably best to let them know so.

eula mackay
24th November 2009, 22:51
i did. they said it does not make a difference!

darren-b
25th November 2009, 06:38
From my understanding it usually takes 2 weeks for a Philippines citizen to be approved to receive a schengen visa due to the checks they make.

So assuming they deal with it immediately you should receive it in just over 2 weeks, though I've never found the French embassy in London to be that efficient.

eula mackay
25th November 2009, 19:08
i can only hope for the best. they have 4 weeks to process it which is more than enough. if i dont have it back in 3 weeks im making phone calls. :doh

somebody
25th November 2009, 20:07
Do you not have to go back and collect your passport my Wife and plenty of other phills did?

I hope you hear good news soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

eula mackay
25th November 2009, 20:26
hi somebody. i was given a choice to collect it or i can have it posted back to me (i provided a self addressed stamped envelope).

how long did it take for them to process your wifes visa?