PDA

View Full Version : Charlene AKA Britishdetained.

Tawi2
20th November 2009, 14:02
Dont know the veracity of this but I just got a TXT from someone I havent heard of in ages who has informed me that Charlene is in prison,I was also told Typhoon Ondoy flooded the prison to the first floor and all prisoners oncluding Kevin were evacuated for a while,like I said,It was a brief TXT i will ask someone else when I chat to them next week.

LadyJ
20th November 2009, 14:04
That is really sad news! I hope you or we can get more full details about their situation.

thanks for the info though.

Tawi2
20th November 2009, 14:06
I will speak to someone next week and get them to make a phonecall and clarify things 100%.But the person who TXT me earlier is usually pretty reliable so I do honestly think she is incarcerated as we speak,hence her sudden dissapearance :Erm:

aphrodite78
20th November 2009, 14:10
I will speak to someone next week and get them to make a phonecall and clarify things 100%.But the person who TXT me earlier is usually pretty reliable so I do honestly think she is incarcerated as we speak,hence her sudden dissapearance :Erm:

i hope she is alright, the last message she left was she is now sorting her wedding etc etc. let us know tawi2, my sympathy goes for her kids. that is really sad :(

September
20th November 2009, 14:17
:yikes: I thought she been freed from her case as I read one trusted member say she is.....

Sim11UK
20th November 2009, 14:20
I guess our worst fears have probably been confirmed.
She disappeared quickly, always with the fear of arrest, looming over her.

What a terrible system over there. :NoNo:

triple5
20th November 2009, 14:33
That's sad. I read Charlene's blog a few months back, and the story of her husband. Let's hope justice is done asap.

pennybarry
20th November 2009, 15:08
Here's links and updates in their website:
http://taylorstravel.webs.com/attorneysupdates.htm
http://taylorstravel.sulit.com.ph/
http://taylorstravel.webs.com/taylorsupdatesandinfo.htm
http://taylorstravel.sulit.com.ph/

Florge
20th November 2009, 20:42
oh my goodness... the last time i spoke with her was that she changed her lawyer and was pretty confident with it...

belfast_dude
20th November 2009, 20:45
our prayers go out to her

Tawi2
21st November 2009, 12:49
I just had confirmation,Charlene is in San Mateo Municipal Jail,family are looking after the children.

Ann07
21st November 2009, 12:59
Our prayers to Charlene and her family...so sad xmas is coming.

bornatbirth
21st November 2009, 13:08
i had a look at there web site and im not surprised there in jail.

joebloggs
21st November 2009, 16:31
i had a look at there web site and im not surprised there in jail.

you would have thought the cops might be better off spending their time catching the terrorists, murders, kidnappers and muggers first. how about catching the NBI 10 most wanted :doh

http://www.nbi.gov.ph/most_wanted.htm

only 1 guy wanted :D

Sophie
21st November 2009, 17:53
Dont know the veracity of this but I just got a TXT from someone I havent heard of in ages who has informed me that Charlene is in prison,I was also told Typhoon Ondoy flooded the prison to the first floor and all prisoners oncluding Kevin were evacuated for a while,like I said,It was a brief TXT i will ask someone else when I chat to them next week.

I just had confirmation,Charlene is in San Mateo Municipal Jail,family are looking after the children.

Sad news indeed :NoNo: I hope she's ok as well as kevin and the rest of the family and hopefully their case would be settled soon....
I wonder how she's coping in prison, my thoughts and prayers for her and kevin....

Tawi2
21st November 2009, 19:32
Was she pregnant Soph?:Erm:

bornatbirth
21st November 2009, 19:51

read the links penny posted,shes in prison with the baby :NoNo:...the other kids are with her family :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
21st November 2009, 19:57
Yup,I knew the children were being looked after by the family,I was told that by someone who works for the prison service,I didnt know charlene had the baby in prison however,I do know one of their employees has her child banged up with her:Erm:

JimOttley
21st November 2009, 19:59
read the links penny posted,shes in prison with the baby :NoNo:...the other kids are with her family :xxgrinning--00xx3:

BAB the dates on the sites that Penny posted are quite old, she has been on her e numerous time since then, the problem is that she vanished suddenly from the forum hence the worry that things had changed.

She herself was worried that she might be arrested and incarcerated in a few of her last posts on the forum.

Very sad as I suspect they have, in truth, been set up.

A cautionary tale for anyone looking to start a business over there, I don't think they picked the right business to be in but that's all history now :(

Jim

Tawi2
21st November 2009, 20:03
The links penny posted are surely about one of their employees I think?:Erm: Charlene has only been inside for four weeks.

bornatbirth
21st November 2009, 20:08
and if you read on there web site on what they other,seems a little bit odd to me...how to teach people to talk like harry potter :Erm:

also how some of it is written too?

i dont wish anyone to go to prison but i think a business that sounds like a rip off isnt so smart? :Erm:

JimOttley
21st November 2009, 20:30
and if you read on there web site on what they other,seems a little bit odd to me...how to teach people to talk like harry potter :Erm:

also how some of it is written too?

i dont wish anyone to go to prison but i think a business that sounds like a rip off isnt so smart? :Erm:

The site content is clearly mostly from Charlene, Kevin was clearly going to be the English accent teacher and the person helping with the TOEIC tests .

Nothing wrong with that although I am not sure what value their customers would have got from it, but you can see they were trying out as many idea's as possible.

They had some valid services but I think they were ill advised to start this business and they obviously did not manage it well but the punishment seems over the top, Charlene came over as genuine in all of her posts I did not detect a cynical or self serving tone in any of her posts.

I wish them well and hope someone looks into their case with fairness in mind, but I have a sad suspicion that they will be forgotten in the system :(

Jim

bornatbirth
21st November 2009, 20:40
what are the reasons why they are both in prison? :Erm:

from her posts because they didnt pay everyone off after getting arrested,so far i only have her reasons.

i dont believe they are in jail for no reason,i think its called fraud and would you let anyone you know to use a company which offers to help you with a visa :NoNo:

JimOttley
21st November 2009, 20:53
what are the reasons why they are both in prison? :Erm:

from her posts because they didnt pay everyone off after getting arrested,so far i only have her reasons.

i dont believe they are in jail for no reason,i think its called fraud and would you let anyone you know to use a company which offers to help you with a visa :NoNo:

As a quick summary and I will probably be very wrong in some of this so please correct me where I am wrong but I thought that they opened the business it ran for maybe 6 months a couple of the employees appear to have started their own entrapment business stealing money from clients through asking for funds to be sent direct to them via Western Union or direct bank deposits. These employees then appeared to cover their fraud by accusing the owners of the same and reporting the owners to the police and accusing them of running an illegal recruitment business?

Kevin got banged up because he was a whitey foreigner and easy target, attempts were made to extract bribes from Kevin and given that he had no money the extortionists were unsuccessful.

Charlene had bankrolled the business and it would appear that they simply did not have the cash to bribe the right people to get them out of the pokey.

So now they are both in the slammer and everyone else will just go and get on with their lives :(

Again I may be wrong but that is what I took from the posts and I am just working from memory as it was a couple of months back when I first joined the forum.

They had issues similar to mine for getting annulment and getting UK citizenship for their kids which is why I followed their story.

Jim

Sophie
21st November 2009, 21:17

Yup,I knew the children were being looked after by the family,I was told that by someone who works for the prison service,I didnt know charlene had the baby in prison however,I do know one of their employees has her child banged up with her:Erm:

The last i know is that she's due to give birth anytime within those months she was active in the forum, i remember her posting it here....
It would be really tough if she gave birth in prison, i can already imagine how hard it must be for her.....
I really hope things will get better for them soon.....

pennybarry
22nd November 2009, 09:36
That business is really risky. Whatever their staffs done illegally, they are the ones liable. You must manage your staffs carefully, never trust them when it comes to money.

Only applicants can tell if they were offered job contract or not which is most illegal in our country.

I have known IELTS agencies and their business is purely teaching english.
They're still exists and students value their programme.

I wish our government sympathise them as their children suffers.:bigcry:

somebody
22nd November 2009, 12:39
I know on the old yank site a few on here used to frequent had tales of couples with business which due to upsetting people in phill ended up with big problems.

I have to say like born at birth the Websites are quite strangely written to my western eyes. But i get the talk like Harry piotter bit as my Wifes mates all used to joke about Harry Potter and accent was like mine can they borrow it off me.

Arturo
22nd November 2009, 14:02
As a quick summary and I will probably be very wrong in some of this so please correct me where I am wrong but I thought that they opened the business it ran for maybe 6 months a couple of the employees appear to have started their own entrapment business stealing money from clients through asking for funds to be sent direct to them via Western Union or direct bank deposits. These employees then appeared to cover their fraud by accusing the owners of the same and reporting the owners to the police and accusing them of running an illegal recruitment business?

Kevin got banged up because he was a whitey foreigner and easy target, attempts were made to extract bribes from Kevin and given that he had no money the extortionists were unsuccessful.

Charlene had bankrolled the business and it would appear that they simply did not have the cash to bribe the right people to get them out of the pokey.

So now they are both in the slammer and everyone else will just go and get on with their lives :(

Again I may be wrong but that is what I took from the posts and I am just working from memory as it was a couple of months back when I first joined the forum.

They had issues similar to mine for getting annulment and getting UK citizenship for their kids which is why I followed their story.

Jim

I have not followed this story too closely..but it came up just after my return from Manila.

We had looked at my options for working in Phils or starting a business !

That idea was kicked in the head and everything is on hold now until I get back to Manila in January.

However, it strikes me that for a country supposedly wanting overseas investers and start up business to aid employment.... banging up any white guy without bail...is not really going to be a good incentive.

Imagine the CEO of Coke being banged up coz some tow rag accused him of something illegal!

The philippines is very much liek a Rose...looks good but has sharp thorns at times....

joebloggs
22nd November 2009, 14:31
The philippines is very much liek a Rose...looks good but has sharp thorns at times....

true, but how many pinoys have been conned by employment agencies and fake job scams:Erm: not a week goes by without someone asking if a job offer is a scam

Tawi2
22nd November 2009, 14:38
To be honest most of the pinays I know who have been offered fake jobs and scam vacancies have been targeted by conmen from west africa or pinas itself,west africans are notorious for such scams but pinoy conmen have copied their techniques,I know a woman earlier this year who lost 200k to a nigerian purporting to be English who offered her a job as a nanny,poverty is the mother of deception.

Arturo
22nd November 2009, 14:46
true, but how many pinoys have been conned by employment agencies and fake job scams:Erm: not a week goes by without someone asking if a job offer is a scam

True, and I have helped a friend of my fiance by checking out teh UK side of the offers....

JimOttley
22nd November 2009, 14:47
I have not followed this story too closely..but it came up just after my return from Manila.

We had looked at my options for working in Phils or starting a business !

That idea was kicked in the head and everything is on hold now until I get back to Manila in January.

However, it strikes me that for a country supposedly wanting overseas investers and start up business to aid employment.... banging up any white guy without bail...is not really going to be a good incentive.

Imagine the CEO of Coke being banged up coz some tow rag accused him of something illegal!

It's scale, the big investors are fine it's the small guys that are at risk.

I think you need to be there on the ground managing everything very carefully on a day to day basis, it's hard enough running a business in the UK but trying the same trick in a country where you just look like an open wallet to all and sundry is foolhardy.

There was a chap on here the other day who reported having his entire investment stolen by the father in law! You really need to know any potential business partners really really well.

Jim

Tawi2
22nd November 2009, 14:51
True, and I have helped a friend of my fiance by checking out teh UK side of the offers....
I have done that exact same thing several times,twice dialled phones that were answered in heavily african accented english :icon_lol: which comes as quite a surprise when your phoning a supposed widowed english doctor like Dr James Alexander Smith :icon_lol: who sadly can only afford to pay his nanny £20 an hour and cant afford to buy her a top of the range vehicle so would she be able to settle for a small mercedes instead?One letter even partially describes the types of food she would find in the refrigerator :Erm:

Arthur Little
22nd November 2009, 22:05
Aye, it's a risky business, right enough ... :iagree: You can never really be sure of the staff you hire in such enterprises. :NoNo:

Anyway, having only sort of half-followed this sad tale, all I can say is, "hopefully brighter times lie ahead for Charlene, Kevin and the family!" :doh

bornatbirth
22nd November 2009, 22:13
Aye, it's a risky business, right enough ... :iagree: You can never really be sure of the staff you hire in such enterprises. :NoNo:

Anyway, having only sort of half-followed this sad tale, all I can say is, "hopefully brighter times lie ahead for Charlene, Kevin and the family!" :doh

quite right,arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

and if you do,make sure you can afford a good lawyer and to pay everyone off :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dee31
24th November 2009, 21:21
I just came across this link which was posted in facebook last July, Charlene asking for help. http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=84541107889&topic=8957