PDA

View Full Version : FilipinoUK Christmas Dinner?

RickyR
17th November 2009, 17:48
Not seen anything online about a FilipinoUK Christmas Dinner, thought it would be a cool idea for a get together. Bring some of the regular forumites together, people who've completed the fiance processes advising those who are just embarking on the process.
Not sure we could get a Lechon Baboy at Whetherspoons, but sure we could have a good one.
Somewhere up North preferable? :-)

Ana_may365
17th November 2009, 18:22
Not seen anything online about a FilipinoUK Christmas Dinner, thought it would be a cool idea for a get together. Bring some of the regular forumites together, people who've completed the fiance processes advising those who are just embarking on the process.
Not sure we could get a Lechon Baboy at Whetherspoons, but sure we could have a good one.

im agree:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:if it is here in the north:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

South-east boy
17th November 2009, 22:41
im agree:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:if it is here in the north:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Na, darn sarf!:icon_lol:

walesrob
17th November 2009, 23:02
Na, darn sarf!:icon_lol:

How about the middle...so Aberystwyth it is then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ana_may365
17th November 2009, 23:23

ur place is not in the middle man!it is in the south west:doh:doh:doh man!mod he he he

walesrob
17th November 2009, 23:41
ur place is not in the middle man!it is in the south west:doh:doh:doh man!mod he he he

You sure about that? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://brebru.com/webquests/medieval/castles/2/map_wal.gifhttp://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/europe/united-kingdom.jpg

Arthur Little
18th November 2009, 00:57

Good :idea: [in principle] ... though perhaps at some pre-arranged time other than Christmas - cos that's when folks are usually always at their busiest with family commitments &c.

There again - given the sheer size of our REGULARLY-ACTIVE UK membership, alone - the planning involved in bringing about any such 'get-together' would be a mammoth task to undertake :rolleyes:... not least, in terms of deciding upon a venue convenient for participants from a widely-scattered diversity of locations.

Definitely worthy of mention, though ... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
18th November 2009, 01:33
Let's all get together on some Scottish golf course. Can't think of anywhere better really!!

Al.:)

Arthur Little
18th November 2009, 01:44
Let's all get together on some Scottish golf course. Can't think of anywhere better really!!

Excellent idea, Al ... then we could all 'club' together ... and talk [about] "a lot of balls"! :ARsurrender:

Sim11UK
18th November 2009, 07:56
We could all link up by webcam, at the same time, as most of us are/or have been used to this form of communication. :D

All eat a bowl of rice & Adidas together. :omg: (Durian for the vegetarians).
Then sing a few carrols. :doh :Hellooo:

KeithD
18th November 2009, 10:11
Great idea. I'll bring all my mates .... you may want to hide your car, and nail everything in the house down though :rolleyes:

Alan
18th November 2009, 10:29
Excellent idea, Al ... then we could all 'club' together ... and talk [about] "a lot of balls"! :ARsurrender:

Then afterwards we could all have tee!

walesrob
18th November 2009, 11:30
Great idea. I'll bring all my mates .... you may want to hide your car, and nail everything in the house down though :rolleyes:

Your welcome to the car....in fact take it PLEASE PLEASE, its an embarrasement :NoNo::icon_lol:

http://www.speedace.info/automotive_directory/ford/ford_images/Ford_Ka_red_alloys.jpg

triple5
18th November 2009, 15:20
Bring some of the regular forumites together, people who've completed the fiance processes advising those who are just embarking on the process.

I won't be getting an invite then? :(

Aikingmahal
18th November 2009, 15:26
Then afterwards we could all have tee!

Guys,

May i suggest Dalmahoy if it is here in scotland ???:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Aik

Northerner
18th November 2009, 15:34
Scotland.. Pfft...

May I suggest the centre of the UK if not the universe itself! I am of course talking about Manchester:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

RickyR
18th November 2009, 15:34
I was thinking somewhere like Leeds, Manchester or Birmingham? Probably easiest to have nothing too formal, as I have no idea how we could take deposits for dinners. Maybe just a night out, drinks and dinner in whetherspoons with some Christmas hats?
London is also an option, but would probably cost a tenner a pint or something stupid!

IainBusby
18th November 2009, 15:52
I was thinking somewhere like Leeds, Manchester or Birmingham? Probably easiest to have nothing too formal, as I have no idea how we could take deposits for dinners. Maybe just a night out, drinks and dinner in whetherspoons with some Christmas hats?
London is also an option, but would probably cost a tenner a pint or something stupid!

Yea, those southerners are so gullible.

Ana_may365
18th November 2009, 16:05
You sure about that? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://brebru.com/webquests/medieval/castles/2/map_wal.gifhttp://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/europe/united-kingdom.jpg

:icon_lol::icon_lol:mod,in ur map the lincoln is in the middle:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:but hubby said the exact place that is in the middle is 'nottingham',r u agree with me:D:D:D

dave63
18th November 2009, 18:09
I know we can all go and have it in..................................Walesrobs place!!:omg::omg::omg::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

walesrob
18th November 2009, 21:28
:icon_lol::icon_lol:mod,in ur map the lincoln is in the middle:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:but hubby said the exact place that is in the middle is 'nottingham',r u agree with me:D:D:D

Ok, ok you win. They tell me never argue with a Filipina, she may have a jungle bolo ready... :omg:

I know we can all go and have it in..................................Walesrobs place!!:omg::omg::omg::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

We live in a cow shed, hope you like the fresh air :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
18th November 2009, 22:08
We live in a cow shed, hope you like the fresh air :xxgrinning--00xx3:
You call the smell of cow crap fresh!!! :NoNo:

Tawi2
18th November 2009, 22:16
I always wanted a bright red Ka,I had the idea of painting black dots on it so it resembled a giant mobile ladybird :)

dave63
19th November 2009, 08:12
Middle of the uk? humm............I know!! Is it not that roundabout just outside of sheffield? We could have a party on the roundabout :D:Rasp:

RickyR
19th November 2009, 08:52
Great 25th December, 21:00 at the middle of the roundabout near sheffield

dave63
19th November 2009, 09:22
oh oh oh :omg:I know, I know..............lets make it a costume party:xxgrinning--00xx3:. It will give me an excuse to wear my wonder woman outfit:Cuckoo:

scott&ligaya
19th November 2009, 09:38
I believe that Ashby De La Zouche is there centre of the UK but then who the heck would want to go there!!!! and in any case I thought that Meridan near Coventry also claimed to be the middle ... perhaps Ian Busby could comment on that claim.

dave63
19th November 2009, 09:51
There are threaders in Ireland and northern Ireland:Erm:. So that would move the centre to the North -west somewhere in the Irish sea:doh.Great a sea themed party:xxgrinning--00xx3:.I get dibbs on coming as an octopus:Cuckoo:. Bring your water wings:D.

scott&ligaya
19th November 2009, 11:11
heere is an idea, let the ladies xmas shop themselves to exhaustation ( or maxd out cc) all day at Merry Hill Shopping centre in Brierley Hill west of Birmingham, and then go novelty gift shopping eating and DRINKING at the German market in Bham city centre (also cheaper smaller version of london eye). Central location and much cheaper than down the smoke. The German market is very good but of course no snow (4th largest including those in germany itself).

IainBusby
19th November 2009, 13:39
I believe that Ashby De La Zouche is there centre of the UK but then who the heck would want to go there!!!! and in any case I thought that Meridan near Coventry also claimed to be the middle ... perhaps Ian Busby could comment on that claim.

The actual wording of the claim is that Meriden is the "Heart of England", but does that mean it's the absolute centre of England, or does it have some other meaning to do with Englishness.

LadyJ
20th November 2009, 13:20
Is this really gonna happen? because every year there is always a plan for FilipinoUK member gathering but it never happen.

RickyR
20th November 2009, 14:03
Well, if a few people reply and say YES they'd like to get together. Then i'll try and organise something :-)
I'm thinking around the 18th or 19th of December!

Pete67
11th December 2009, 18:07
Well, if a few people reply and say YES they'd like to get together. Then i'll try and organise something :-)
I'm thinking around the 18th or 19th of December!

I would be interested by live down south...

RickyR
11th December 2009, 18:24
Seems not a great deal of interest unfortunately, never mind :-(

keithAngel
12th December 2009, 05:44
Seems not a great deal of interest unfortunately, never mind :-(

Looking at your address ......................is it some sort of Ponzi scam:icon_lol:

RickyR
12th December 2009, 07:46
Yes, everyone who wants to attend, send me a brown envelope with all of your savings in and i'll double your money...................