PDA

View Full Version : Birth Registration Guidance

arisdavid
14th November 2009, 11:42
Hi everyone

My child was born on september 18th 2009,

In the child's NSO certificate it shows that the father's citizenship is Filipino (they put my citizenship in my child's NSO birth cert. as Filipino instead of British, and I am in the process of taking legal actions to correct their CLERICAL MISTAKE). The lawyer advised me that it will take 4-6 months, and I can't wait that long to get my child here in the UK. Does it matter what citizenship you are shown in the NSO Birth Certificate of your child? I have the the original copy of my naturalisation and passport, which according to section 6(1) I can pass on my citizenship to my child.

All documentations that I need are collated thanks to the guidance of people in this forum!

joebloggs
14th November 2009, 12:04
when did you become a British citizen ?

arisdavid
14th November 2009, 12:13
Been in the UK since 1999, became British Citizen in 2006.

joebloggs
14th November 2009, 12:52
you should call the embassy and check

but as you can have dual citizenship maybe it might not be a problem, as you have your naturalisation cert and passport showing your a british citizen. which will confirm you were british before your child was born. so your child is a British citizen "otherwise than by descent".

maybe write a cover letter stating the mistake, as you did request that you were british.

arisdavid
15th November 2009, 18:43
Thanks I will get in touch with the embassy tomorrow morning.