PDA

View Full Version : now for the visa

dave65
24th November 2006, 13:26
Hi Guys :Help1:
my wife and i are ready now to submit the visa application
jasmine called ukvacs and is now really confused she has been given to understand that they dont want the relationship file we have put together just two copies (original and zerox) of relivent documents (which ever ones they are) place in a brown envelope then either deliver them herself :NoNo: or find a courier and ask him to take it
so does anyone have a list of the documents they need two copies of
i am going to need to give jasmine clear instructions on this ( she says she is a bit bobo when it comes to this sort of thing ( i asume thats the filipina equivilent of having a blond moment)
so any guidance you guys can give would be a great help
thanks
dave

dave65
25th November 2006, 12:45
having spoken to jasmine again ukvacs seem to be asking for two envelopes one with original documents and one with zerox copies
so the envelope with original documents has the application form, our marriage certificate, jasmines passport, my letter of support of her application jasmines birth certificate
jasmine also has zerox copies of my passport, birth cert. decree absoute deeds to the house and various other documents but they seem to want the originals of these as well which i am not so sure of sending those off
anyone else come accross this?

scotsfiancee
25th November 2006, 12:54
having spoken to jasmine again ukvacs seem to be asking for two envelopes one with original documents and one with zerox copies
so the envelope with original documents has the application form, our marriage certificate, jasmines passport, my letter of support of her application jasmines birth certificate
jasmine also has zerox copies of my passport, birth cert. decree absoute deeds to the house and various other documents but they seem to want the originals of these as well which i am not so sure of sending those off
anyone else come accross this?

In my case i did sent them the original copies of my fiance's birth certificate, decree absolute,bank statements,payslips but the deeds of the house is only a photocopied one.

andypaul
25th November 2006, 12:56
So glad for the two of you that the marriage cert is all sorted.
although the embassy may not want all the evidence you have bulit up (policy constantly changing and they may change the goalposts at any moment. You also need to have the file ready in case further evidence is requested or an interview is required.

in the year since our application the requirments have most likely Have changed but the basics will not have
that is you need your wifes passport, a notraised copy of your passport with all pages copied. Marriage cert,
and cni.
i would have proof of ownership/tennacy of your proptey in the uk.
proof of income payslips and bank account records.
I would also have a few sheets of photos either pasted on paper or printed showing you together and at the wedding.

hopefully others who have just recently gone though the procedure might submit a list of what they supplied.

andypaul
25th November 2006, 13:00
In my case i did sent them the original copies of my fiance's birth certificate, decree absolute,bank statements but the deeds of the house is only a photocopied one.

The deeds should have the land registry number i only sent out orignal and copies but i could hardly tell the differnce so i would guess they would check with the land registry to clarify.

dave65
25th November 2006, 13:06
thanks guys
thats the kind of thing i need to know jasmine has her cni as well as the other documents i mentioned + several sheets of photos (visits and wedding) the copies of my passport only show the pages with imigration stamps and the page with my details
so the evidence of relationship file would this be sent to ukvacs or only held in case they ask for further evidence or interview
Dave

russ01539
25th November 2006, 13:09
Good luck on the application Dave.

We applied and got a visa in May this year. Our other friends applied 4 weeks ago and they got their visa through and my friends partner is now at home in UK together in contented bliss.

In both cases we sent original documents, or xeroxed copies that were stamped and signed by solicitor's to show they were copied from originals, which were perfectly acceptable from the Embassy's point of view.

Whichever way you do it, they will returm all the documents you submit with either a refusal letter, or in your case the passport compete with visa I sincerely hope.

We took copies of everything we sent, cos we never trusted that they would return everything, but we got it all back as it was sent to us. We never sent 2 copies of everything cos we figured it would be a little bit extra work for them if they refused us and then had to take the copies as evidence for the appeal.

They refused us on the first occasion, but we sent extra documentation and they overturned their own decision before it got to appeal.

russ01539
25th November 2006, 13:10
thanks guys
thats the kind of thing i need to know jasmine has her cni as well as the other documents i mentioned + several sheets of photos (visits and wedding) the copies of my passport only show the pages with imigration stamps and the page with my details
so the evidence of relationship file would this be sent to ukvacs or only held in case they ask for further evidence or interview
Dave

I would say its best to send the whole lot - just to be on the safe side. :Hellooo:

Mrs Daddy
25th November 2006, 13:12
hi Dave me and my hubby understand what you are feeling right now.we just sent our visa app last monday and would you believe that it weigh about 5 kilos and its a two big brown folder.what we did was that we photocopied all of his stuff and we had not separated the photocopied ones to the original ones.my hubby and i went to solicitor`s office to certify his passport and driver`s licsence that we scanned it through internet and also the deeds of the house.and we scanned also his passport pages.we supply as much document as we could and thanks God the ukvacs didnt got any problem about it.ukvacs sent us messages a day after they recieved our application and been telling us that they already processed our visa application and its now at the british embassy at present.If You`ve done your research from this site as well as your wife,you will not having problem submitting your visa application for sure.and my hubby and i been doing the visa application stuff about more or less 3 months while i did my research from here.so my advice is just send them photocopied ones with solicitor`s certification.right now wh`re waiting with our fingers cross for any good news might to come.Goodluck for you and your wife...from me and my hubby!