PDA

View Full Version : Ilr

mhic-mhic
10th November 2009, 14:26
HI, i just passed the life in the uk test last month and i just want to asked if someone can help me and tell me what are the documentation or complete requirements i need to submit when i apply for ilr next year,,most specially on the matter of evidence i stayed here in uk for at least 2 years, its just i am a bit confused because the first letter i can submit is dated november08 but i arrived here in uk last week of august08, and i am also confused when to apply,,is it 28days after my spouse visa expire or is it when i comlpleted the 2 years here in uk? thanks

Immigration4u
10th November 2009, 15:46
Hello mhic-mhic

Firstly congratulations on passing your life in the UK test.

You should use the SET (M) Form when applying if you

■already have temporary permission to stay in the United Kingdom (limited leave to remain) as the husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner of a permanent resident;
■have lived here for two years in this category; and
■are still married or in a civil partnership and plan to live together.

Your two-year qualifying period started:

■when you received permission to stay as an unmarried or same-sex partner; or
■on the date when you arrived in the United Kingdom, if this was later than the date on which you were given a visa to come here in this category.

You must not send your application more than 28 days before the end of your two-year qualifying period. Therefore if you have more than 28 days before the expiry of your visa do not send your application.

Secondly, with regards to the documents required the list can be very long and need to ensure you send the correct up to date papers.

If you require further assistance please feel free to contact me for a consultation.

Best of luck.

IainBusby
10th November 2009, 16:12
HI, i just passed the life in the uk test last month and i just want to asked if someone can help me and tell me what are the documentation or complete requirements i need to submit when i apply for ilr next year,,most specially on the matter of evidence i stayed here in uk for at least 2 years, its just i am a bit confused because the first letter i can submit is dated november08 but i arrived here in uk last week of august08, and i am also confused when to apply,,is it 28days after my spouse visa expire or is it when i comlpleted the 2 years here in uk? thanks

You must apply before you spouse visa expires, but you must not apply more than 28 days before the expiry date.

walesrob
10th November 2009, 16:39
If you require further assistance please feel free to contact me for a consultation.

....and how would that be done then? :Erm:

aromulus
10th November 2009, 16:58
....and how would that be done then? :Erm:

I had my go yesterday.... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Is it your turn, or Joe's...???:Erm:

walesrob
10th November 2009, 17:07
I had my go yesterday.... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Is it your turn, or Joe's...???:Erm:

Oh I see, I get to do all the dirty work....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
10th November 2009, 18:03
You must apply before you spouse visa expires, but you must not apply more than 28 days before the expiry date.

(Iain - I think we might have had this discussion before.. )

It's 28 days before the 2 year anniversary of your arrival in the UK. As spouse visas are now 27 months that may be more than 28 days before your visa expires. If you delayed your journey by more than 4 months you will have to apply for FLR rather than ILR.

If you haven't got any evidence for the first couple of months that shouldn't be a problem as they know you arrived in the UK.

IainBusby
10th November 2009, 19:49
(Iain - I think we might have had this discussion before.. )

It's 28 days before the 2 year anniversary of your arrival in the UK. As spouse visas are now 27 months that may be more than 28 days before your visa expires. If you delayed your journey by more than 4 months you will have to apply for FLR rather than ILR.

If you haven't got any evidence for the first couple of months that shouldn't be a problem as they know you arrived in the UK.

I stand corrected...... again. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

evo76
10th November 2009, 20:00
Hi Mhic mhic...are you from Kent?? where exactly in Kent??...hope you don't mind me asking...coz im from Kent too.

Thanks

eula mackay
10th November 2009, 23:50
i applied for my ilr personally at the croydon office. i rang them to book an appointment and here are the documents we (my husband as well as he needed to be present for the appointment) had:

passport (mine and his)
application form with correct payment details, of course!
id photos (2 for me, 1 for him, i think:)
letters from both employers
original payslips for the past 3 months
original bank statements for the past 3 months
6 original utility bills both on our names - i arrived here on spouse visa oct 07 and i think the first bill we had on both our names was for nov 07 and they were perfectly happy with that
life in the uk test certificate

im not sure if ive forgotten to write anymore requirements but i think thats it. i renewed my passport recently so i obviously had to bring the old one as it has my spouse visa stamp.

mhic and evo76 - im from kent too! where do you guys live?

scott&ligaya
11th November 2009, 12:51
We will go through this next March. I am a little worried at the six utility bills throughout the period. is it only utility bills they accept as we seem to only have four providers in joint names plus several other documents like medical cards, national insurance card, bank account, hospital letters etc in Ligaya`s name only plus other things in joint names like short term lease and council tax bills.. Is it six different providers bills or just six bills covering the total period? If the latter then we are fine as I have probably over a dozen individual bills.

ps congratulations to Anilyn and Paul (SILVER13) they got her ILR yesterday on personal visit to Solihull local office

jane2009
11th November 2009, 16:32
hi guys,
just want to ask about the bills..me and my hubby have both name all the bills but all the bills we have, its direct debit card...just confuse if they still send us a bills? thank u so much

simplyxiao
11th November 2009, 20:44
to s&l you have nothing to worry as based on my experience, we submit the following:

2 original phone bills on both our names
2 original bank statements on both our names
bank statements on my name
bank statements on my hubbys name
my medical card
jobcentre letter for my NI number
my husbands pension letter

i submitted more than 6 and the officer just pick the best to photocopy and got my visa :)

to jane just ask the company if they can post you the bill for ur record.

goodluck to all

simplyxiao
11th November 2009, 20:47
oh yeah, i forgot to mention i also submit our passports, the payment, passport size photos of us and life in the uk certificate

scott&ligaya
11th November 2009, 22:21
thank u simplyxiao

silver13
12th November 2009, 00:19
We will go through this next March. I am a little worried at the six utility bills throughout the period. is it only utility bills they accept as we seem to only have four providers in joint names plus several other documents like medical cards, national insurance card, bank account, hospital letters etc in Ligaya`s name only plus other things in joint names like short term lease and council tax bills.. Is it six different providers bills or just six bills covering the total period? If the latter then we are fine as I have probably over a dozen individual bills.

ps congratulations to Anilyn and Paul (SILVER13) they got her ILR yesterday on personal visit to Solihull local office

Hi Scott and Ligaya, Just to clarify a few things for the people in here who are going through the same process, including you soon....

Me and Anilyn went to Solihull on a Premium Service as I really did not want the stress of waiting this time.

Our ILR application constisted of the following :-

Filled in SET(M) form because we are married
2 photos of my wife the applicant, with full name on the back
1 photo of myself, with full name on the back
Wage slips for 3 months, I provided 5 months to be on the safe side
Current Account Bank Statements for 3 Months and again I provided more
Savings Account Bank Statements for 3 Months and again I provided more

The next set of documents was interesting as we had to get them in joint names very soon after we got married.

2 Gas / Electricty Bills (Combined Service) in joint names
2 Council Tax Bills in joint names
2 Water Bills in joint names
and also to be on the safe side an additional 2 documents in joint names which was our joint bank account where my wages goes in Yikes :-)

There is on important thing to consider .....

The Joint Named Bills should be spread evenly over the 2 year period so for example in 2008 we provided bills from Gas / Electricty, Council Tax, Water and Bank Statements evenly spread through the year and then in the 2009 period we did the same.

I must admit that I did not evenly spread the bills properly and there was a complaint from the checking officer in our Premium Application, this is where carrying additional bills with me in a seperate folder was a usefull thing to do, if you are applying by post, try to make sure that they are very evenly spread through the 2 year period, it will make life easier and the descision faster.

Oh and a pleasant smile and friendly nature may help too when making a premium service application, but don't smile on your passport photos :-)

Ok hope this helps

Arthur Little
12th November 2009, 02:46
HI, i just passed the life in the uk test last month and i just want to asked if someone can help me and tell me what are the documentation or complete requirements i need to submit when i apply for ilr next year,,

Some very useful advice on here. Must make a note to refer to it again :rolleyes: ... even though my wife isn't due to apply for ILR until early 2011.

Good luck when YOUR turn comes around, mhic-mhic! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jane2009
12th November 2009, 09:40
thank you very much guys for sharing your experience in here...we really appreciated all your efforts...just one more question..hehehhe...when we arrived in here we stayed in my mother in law's house for one year since my husband no job on that time...and now we just moved here in our new place since my husband just got a job last july..my question do i need to ask a letter to my mum inlaw stated that we stayed there for a year? and do i need to ask any documents from here? Im going to apply my ilr next year but i want to know ahead of time what im gonna going to do..because i dont want rushing..thank u so much guys..

vbkelly
12th November 2009, 11:26

actually same documents you passed in your spouse visa but need updated documents and you need to have proof of your address or you can put your name in the house bills ask your husband to request to the gas and electric company to attach your name in the billing address or any company of your house bills, your bank account and NHS ID number.

PAT
19th November 2009, 11:24

Hello mhic,congratz...:)....May I know where did you get your reviewer for LIfe in the Uk Test?...hope you dont mind me asking.