PDA

View Full Version : I finally have a JOB!

Jonnywina
9th November 2009, 15:54
Hello everyone! This is Wina. I would like to share with you my HAPPINESS! After 2 weeks of trying to get a JOB I have finally landed one! Apllied for a Job as Care Assistant in a Nursing home 2 weeks ago and I got accepted last Friday! Weeee!!! I am so Happy. I finally can do Grocery budget now by my own hard work! I also can Help my husband now :) :Rasp::icon_lol::D:BouncyHappy::Hellooo: my husband is very pleased about this!

To those here in the UK and still trying to get a Job..just keep on looking until you get one! Never give up and be extra patient :)

J&W

Ji&Ma
9th November 2009, 16:05
Hello everyone! This is Wina. I would like to share with you my HAPPINESS! After 2 weeks of trying to get a JOB I have finally landed one! Apllied for a Job as Care Assistant in a Nursing home 2 weeks ago and I got accepted last Friday! Weeee!!! I am so Happy. I finally can do Grocery budget now by my own hard work! I also can Help my husband now :) :Rasp::icon_lol::D:BouncyHappy::Hellooo: my husband is very pleased about this!

To those here in the UK and still trying to get a Job..just keep on looking until you get one! Never give up and be extra patient :)

J&W

:Hellooo: Our sincerest congratulations, well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

abby
9th November 2009, 16:27
wow! good for you.... congrats.

Arthur Little
9th November 2009, 16:39

J&W

I'm delighted for you, Wina. :BouncyHappy: A few words of caution, though ... please be careful you're not "exploited ...!" :NoNo:

liane
9th November 2009, 16:44
Congratulations!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Jonnywina
9th November 2009, 17:42
Thank you everyone! and Arthur..Thank you. I will be careful. I know my rights :)

Arthur Little
9th November 2009, 17:52
Arthur..Thank you. I will be careful. I know my rights :) ...

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... that's very reassuring.

September
9th November 2009, 18:21
Some filipina will gonna raised eybrow of your job because some filipina around me here doesnt want to do that job,but ignore them as long as it was decent and that much much better than staying in the house and having nothing, congraTULATION

Where in Uk are you?

bornatbirth
9th November 2009, 21:14
that great news,lets hope you dont have to many butts to wipe :icon_lol:

well done!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jaishann
9th November 2009, 21:27

J&W

nice to see people happy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish
9th November 2009, 21:37
It takes a special person to do you job. Well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish

somebody
9th November 2009, 22:45
I bet your Hubby is really proud of you, I know I was when the Wife told me she had her been offered her first job. Well done you:xxgrinning--00xx3::):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Any tips for the others looking?

Jonnywina
10th November 2009, 12:48
@ Septemeber..I'm here in northern Ireland. What you said about some filipina that would raise an eyebrow on me cos of my Job..I could not really be bothered. Not all people would like my job..but I like it. This is what I did back in the Philippines..and it was even volunteering so it doesn't pay. :) This is the kind of job that's close to my heart :) it's decent and most of all I get paid and can help my husband with some bills now. So I'm happy.

Jonnywina
10th November 2009, 12:52
Tips for people looking for a job? Eh, I would say know what they like doing first and try and look for a job that suits them and a job that they like doing. but it should not really matter if you like or not does it? because it's hard getting a job right now. If you're Choosy you might not be able to get one. I'm just lucky I got the Job I wanted.

Just keep on looking you guys and don't give up until you find one :) Be very extra patient..it pays in the end :)

Thank you all for congratulating me. Yes, My husband is proud of me and is really happy I got the JOB.

J&W:cwm12:

kimmi
10th November 2009, 17:02
well done Winna..:) Congratulations for having ur job..

Sophie
10th November 2009, 17:20

J&W

Congratulations J&W, well done :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Enjoy your first paycheck soon :xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy:

Jonnywina
10th November 2009, 18:12
thank you everyone! I will keep you posted on how my first day at work went :)

September
10th November 2009, 18:30
lets hope you dont have to many butts to wipe :icon_lol:

@ Septemeber..I'm here in northern Ireland. What you said about some filipina that would raise an eyebrow on me cos of my Job..I could not really be bothered. Not all people would like my job..but I like it. This is what I did back in the Philippines..and it was even volunteering so it doesn't pay. :) This is the kind of job that's close to my heart :) it's decent and most of all I get paid and can help my husband with some bills now. So I'm happy.

That isnt bad at all, as we filipina really doesnt matter as long as we are earning,english people high percentage doesnt want the job,thats why it always offer to filipina

somebody
10th November 2009, 20:48

Nothing wrong with Volunteering as it gives experience and shows commitment.
Nothing wrong with your job at all:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tips for people looking for a job? Eh, I would say know what they like doing first and try and look for a job that suits them and a job that they like doing. but it should not really matter if you like or not does it? because it's hard getting a job right now. If you're Choosy you might not be able to get one. I'm just lucky I got the Job I wanted.

Just keep on looking you guys and don't give up until you find one :) Be very extra patient..it pays in the end :)

Thank you all for congratulating me. Yes, My husband is proud of me and is really happy I got the JOB.

J&W:cwm12:

great advice when my Wife first moved over she was not sure what she wanted to do but slowly found a job she really enjoys:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sometimes your first job/position is not what you planned but with hard work and drive the world is your oyster:)

tiger@tigress
10th November 2009, 21:05
congratz

Florge
10th November 2009, 21:20
congratulations!!! wooohoooo.... it does feel really good to have that financial freedom..

ron
10th November 2009, 21:37
it has to be positive move for you now. Best wishes

Ron:Hellooo:

pennybarry
11th November 2009, 13:14
Wow great! You'll be happy now spending your hard earned money. Enjoy!

Jonnywina
11th November 2009, 14:58
Thank you everyone! They are doing police check on me now as it is one of the requirements if you're working with children or vulnerable adults in the UK. Police check would take maybe 2 weeks. I don't know why so long but I want to abide by the law as I do not want any trouble! hehehehe...

After that they'd call me for my induction and then do training..and then start the job! :) It's good to finally have a freedom on how you'd spend your own money..from your own hard work :) I do not have to ask hubby to buy me shoes and clothes..well maybe sometimes:icon_lol::D..lambing lang! hahahaha

J&W:BouncyHappy:

Tawi2
11th November 2009, 22:30
Wow,congratulations,I bet your husband is super proud of you,well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

silver13
12th November 2009, 00:37
That isnt bad at all, as we filipina really doesnt matter as long as we are earning,english people high percentage doesnt want the job,thats why it always offer to filipina

I think it is a good job, there are many people that need care in this rat race part of the world called the UK, it is too crazy here to look after our own elderley people, so we get others to do it, and yes a lot of British would not get out of bet to do it for the wages offered.

I congratulate you on getting a job and working in the care industry and wish you and your husband well for the future.

My Wife also started work in a care home, working in the admin office and my mother worked in care homes for years, it is a honourable job :-)

As others have mentioned about bum wiping just think of the Caregiver Film as she says when a puwet needs wiping, think of pounds :-)

Keep up the good work....

South-east boy
12th November 2009, 02:02
Well done! :) You sound like a decent caring kind of person and I think its great that you have got a job that you like doing and that will improve the lives of the people in the home. We could do with more people with your attitude in the care homes and hospitals over here. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
12th November 2009, 16:50

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: That's the spirit!!! I think it's a very decent job so you have nothing to be ashamed about it!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck & happy working!:)

scottishbride
13th November 2009, 09:04
Wow! Congratulations!

Alan
13th November 2009, 09:14
Many congratulations Wina. If they are doing a CRB (criminal check) on you then it would appear to be a legitimate job.

Good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)