PDA

View Full Version : Island Of Bali

Amaw2008
5th November 2009, 17:43
I have a sister in Australia, and I was lucky enough to travel to Bali in 2002. I have told my Bohol girl that it is a unique place with its Hindu culture, and hopefully we will both make a visit one day. Has anyone else been there? In Balinese culture, Barong, a mythical lion-like creature symbolises good luck. Can anyone tell me why it has the same name as the Philippine national shirt? I will certainly not object if every time I put my Barong on it brings me good fortune. By the way, Barong is opposed by the witch Rangda. It is all about the eternal struggle between good and evil, dark and light etc. If anyone is thinking of making a visit, Kuta is lively and full of drunk Aussies and near the beach, Ubud is quieter and in the hills and more authentically Balinese and Seminyak is somewhere in between in atmosphere. Anyway, like I say, it's well worth a visit.

Tawi2
6th November 2009, 13:28
I have been to Bali mate,unfortunately at the time I wasnt into Hindu culture,saw enough of that in India,I played a beach dum for a few weeks in Kuta,and once or twice I did indeed struggle with my good and evil sides.Bali is ok :xxgrinning--00xx3: