PDA

View Full Version : just how hard can it be!

dave65
21st November 2006, 22:04
:cwm23:well here we are 2 months after getting married and still waiting for the NSO to send through our marriage certificate:NoNo:
there web site claims it takes five days:icon_lol: . Ive tried contacting them through the Email address for certificate queries and no response at all:Brick:
and of course we cant get the visa application in until we have the certificate to submit with it AAAHHGGGGG its only a case of filling in a few details on a standard form for goodness sake
i think jas is all packed and ready to go bless her
if anyone knows of a contact at the NSO manila that can find out what the zarking fardwards (a hitchickers guide to the galaxie ref. in case you were puzzled ...or worried) is going on and get this certificate issued i would be most gratefull (in the shape of a pint or two):xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
21st November 2006, 22:09
She could have walked there by now to ask them herself :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jbt
22nd November 2006, 02:19
hi dave...

Your wife can visit the nearest Local Civil Registry Office and let her inquire to any of the concern person there, who might be able to help her and tell her what to do.

luckily, i got mine in just a week after my wedding...it just so happens that the person who iniatated the ceremony, is also the head of the NSO in our place...but before getting the NSO, i was informed by her secretary that normally, it will take 6 mos. or more to get the certificate and i was so disappointed, i know there's a way to speed the process, i went to their office and speak directly to the head of the NSO Center in our place, i had explained that i need the certificate urgently.....and from that day, i got the NSO certificate stamped and signed....

you can also visit this site...hope this will help...

http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/crd_transfer.html

Goodluck....

Chrisirene
22nd November 2006, 04:39
Dont just send an email to them....Go ask by ur self...much better in person.:D

robeth
22nd November 2006, 04:48
there's a thing called "advance endorsement" which is only 2 weeks.

hubby and i paid 5 SECPA copies of wedding certificate (for a few extras) to the lady in local registrar and in 1.5 mos, didnt get any so i went to the nearest NSO office personally and i get 1 copy 30 mins later.

After 2 weeks, the lady in local registrar texted me and said that the copies are ready. :doh

vbkelly
22nd November 2006, 18:03
mine when i went in the local registry in tagbilaran to get my wedding certificate,old woman said to me we pass your certfcate in the nso manila after 1month that was 2days after my wedding i was shock bcoz of that long what i did is asked another woman and finally said to me yes you can send your certfcate today,you photocopy your cert then send you orginal copy to the nso via LBC or DHLthen kept the reciept to show them it was friday afternoon then fly to manila sat am monday went to nso manila to picked it up with the stamp.i got my visa less than a month

gingging
22nd November 2006, 19:28
wow very quick vbkelly:omg: :omg:

dave65
23rd November 2006, 00:11
thanks guys for all the advice had i known at the time we would have called in to the NSO office when were in manila on the way to our honeymoon:rolleyes: and hand delivered it
we had no idea this would be such a problem:cwm34:
just wish i was still there so i could call into these offices personally unfortunatly i had to return to england after the honeymoon :censored: and as many of you guys know being apart waiting for paperwork to come through is awful will let you know how it all goes
Dave

ginapeterb
23rd November 2006, 09:40
thanks guys for all the advice had i known at the time we would have called in to the NSO office when were in manila on the way to our honeymoon:rolleyes: and hand delivered it
we had no idea this would be such a problem:cwm34:
just wish i was still there so i could call into these offices personally unfortunatly i had to return to england after the honeymoon :censored: and as many of you guys know being apart waiting for paperwork to come through is awful will let you know how it all goes
Dave

DAVE,

Just get your wife to call in at the NSO Local office and ask for secpa, its a shortened form the NSO Marriage Contract issued by them at Quezon City, the paperwork should not take more than 2-3 weeks to be returned, 6 months is ludicrous, and what you can do is use a fixer at QC to obtain it quickly for you, for the usual brown envelope under the table, this amounts to very little normally around P500 or less, but secpa will do the job for the purpose of obtaining a visa at British Embassy, they are well aware of the problems with security paper marriage contracts.

This has been a common problem for visa applicants as far back as I can remember, best of luck.

Pete

dave65
23rd November 2006, 15:05
:Hellooo: :D :D guess what .....it turned up today :omg: Hmmmm i wonder if they read this site:cwm24: :icon_lol: if so some of you guys are in trouble
anyway now we can get on with the next bit .....:yikes: appling for the visa
so hopefully :cwm38: na mahal na asawa will be here soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Dave

maldita
24th November 2006, 04:28
Hurrah for you Dave!

NSO can be really slow, especially if someone in the staff screws up. Every mistake can cost 15 to 30 days. My mum's birth certificate took 9 months to get to us. A lot of hassle since her birth records were destroyed during the war. Filed for late registration and it had a typo and so begins the long drawn out process of having it corrected and certified. Had to call NSO every week. It was a frustrating process that was only solved by a "backer". Turned out my brother's father-in-law was friends with Admin Ericta and she fixed everything in one day.

jbt
24th November 2006, 19:02
:Hellooo: :D :D guess what .....it turned up today :omg: Hmmmm i wonder if they read this site:cwm24: :icon_lol: if so some of you guys are in trouble
anyway now we can get on with the next bit .....:yikes: appling for the visa
so hopefully :cwm38: na mahal na asawa will be here soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Dave

:xxgrinning--00xx3: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

vbkelly
27th November 2006, 15:19
wow very quick vbkelly:omg: :omg:

yes gingging it was very quick,even my tourist visa when my first time to cme here,i went here before wedding to met his family.just 1month then back to phils to arranged the wedding.thanks GOD i never had any diffeculties to processed my visa:Hellooo: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: