PDA

View Full Version : Practical Nursing in UK

deepred
21st November 2006, 11:15
Three years ago, an international school with curriculum based in Canada and US launched Practical Nursing here in Ph. By far, they have only about four graduates of the 18-month course who successfully passed the NCLEX-PN and are now working in US. But the school appears to be promising for those who wish to work in homecares and hospitals in US and Canada as more-than-caregivers-but-less-than-registered-nurses. And they pass through employment agencies like the registered filipino nurses who work overseas. For the last 3 yrs, schools with local curriculum for practical nursing and nursing assistants have sprouted like mushrooms here in Ph. As the course implies, I find it more "practical" as it entails 18 months vs the painstaking and bloody expensive 2-3 yrs in a bachelor's degree in Nursing (subjects in college already credited!)

Questions:

Are there job opportunities in UK for graduates of Practical Nursing or licensed Practical Nurses from Ph?:Erm:

If a bachelor's degree in Nursing will be pursued in the UK while working as Practical Nurse, will subjects taken from the Practical Nursing course be credited? ( i know i sound like you are a school registrar but you might still have some ideas to enlighten me with):Brick:

What helpful sites can you possibly recommend for us to read on about nurses (practical nurses not registered nurses, if any) in the UK?:Help1:

Lastly, is there a forum on filipino nurses in the UK where I can seek help from too? (sorry i have not been able to surf as much as i have to):bigcry:

Thank you very much. :) You've been of help to me from matters of the heart to i-know-everything-else-under-the-sun.

PS. I heard that there are state enrolled nurses (SENs) in UK, are they PNs?

jbt
21st November 2006, 18:30
:) hello deepred.....

u can visit this site http://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/

hope it will be able to give you more info's...

regards,

Jonah