PDA

View Full Version : I got new visa in 2 hours!

beth18
31st October 2009, 19:21
Apart from preparing for the wedding I have struggleed getting through the lines of Home Office to make an appointment, finally in 20 September I managed to booked for 26 October for 3 PM, its the only day available for the month before my visa expires today, 31 of October.. yaiks I should be at Heathrow by now!

We arrived at Home office before 3 PM, earlier on that day my friend advised me to take all documents I have, so I rush to have wedding photos printed, and some previous holidays in the Phils, electricity bills, Mortgage certificate, letters, anything I can think of....Check list marked and completed. At the Home office, in a premium application we were led to the first counter right away, I was feeling sick and cold in Luke's hand, he was calm. I feel a bit better when I saw the lady stamped my papers VALID,Yeah, they only needed the marriage certificate, our payslips, and my student certificate. My bulk of docs stayed tight in my folder....

Thought that was it, only to find out it was just the first screening, we were lead to pay the visa fee, and our number was called right away for encoding of details, they took the passport sized photos and scanned, directed to biometric screening(this should me my 3rd time) waited for 20 mins before I was called in. waited for another 20 mins before a PEO called as in for the interview, He was nice he just asked for the docs and asked me if I still attend my classes. he took our documents and gone for a minute, and asked us to wait to complete the case. another 15 mins.

then he came back with the letter confirming my approved Visa.
I signed the paper, we said thank you and left, took the train at 5 PM back to London. I was warmer this time.

kimmi
31st October 2009, 19:43
wow congrats, thats good news..:)

joebloggs
31st October 2009, 20:38
Apart from preparing for the wedding I have struggleed getting through the lines of Home Office to make an appointment, finally in 20 September I managed to booked for 26 October for 3 PM, its the only day available for the month before my visa expires today, 31 of October..

i think many of the slots at the PEO are being booked by solicitors - so they can get their clients a interview at very short notice, but this is causing problems for people like you, :NoNo: should not be allowed :angry:

congrats thou :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RuBiX
31st October 2009, 20:43
Congratz there beth18!!!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Well done:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
31st October 2009, 20:43
Phew ... have you any fingernails left? :icon_lol: From 'Wings of Song' to "floating on air", eh! Further congratulations, both.

somebody
31st October 2009, 20:47
i think many of the slots at the PEO are being booked by solicitors - so they can get their clients a interview at very short notice, but this is causing problems for people like you, :NoNo: should not be allowed :angry:

congrats thou :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Congrats Beth and thats disgusting solictors doing that:cwm23:

joebloggs
31st October 2009, 20:57
Congrats Beth and thats disgusting solictors doing that:cwm23:

i've heard they charge btw £500 to £1,200 for this service :D

What is the difference between a dead lawyer and a squished skunk in the road?

The vultures will eat the skunk.

What is the difference between a lawyer and a vulture?

The lawyer gets frequent flyer miles.

JimOttley
31st October 2009, 21:15
i've heard they charge btw £500 to £1,200 for this service :D

What is the difference between a dead lawyer and a squished skunk in the road?

The vultures will eat the skunk.

What is the difference between a lawyer and a vulture?

The lawyer gets frequent flyer miles.

I like that Joe :D

An old science fiction author, that I like a lot, had a lot of quotes like that :D

At the same time I have two really good friends in the Phils who work in the law and are good people and I would not put them down, they have been very kind and good to us, but yes certainly in the west it's still cool to rubbish the lawyers ;) they deserve it :)

Jim

joebloggs
31st October 2009, 21:24
I'm not a fan of lawyers for a number of reasons, they profit from peoples misery

i went to see one not long ago, place was a dump and he wanted to charge me £140 an hour :icon_lol:, now if he was a surgeon then he would be worth it :xxgrinning--00xx3:, you can find most if not everything you need to know on the net, so little need to pay their ridiculous fees :action-smiley-081: