PDA

View Full Version : Im going to UK soon~

Ritchyboy
27th October 2009, 17:10
Hi Everyone. Im Ritchie boy, 25 years old, nurse from my proud hometown, Surigao City Philippines. It was my long time dream to work and practice my profession abroad, particularly in UK. Currently, Im applying for a student visa to enter UK and soon will be taking Overseas Nursing Preparatory Program ONPP in Lima International in Cambridge. I'm planning to take IELTS this November 2009 and hope I could get 7 or above on all areas. When I pass my IELTS, my next target is to apply for NMC qualification so that I could be a registered nurse in UK someday. Hope I could able to make to UK someday and fullfill my dream to earn a lot of POUNDS~ hehehe

James Hubbard
27th October 2009, 17:12
Hi Everyone. Im Ritchie boy, 25 years old, nurse from my proud hometown, Surigao City Philippines. It was my long time dream to work and practice my profession abroad, particularly in UK. Currently, Im applying for a student visa to enter UK and soon will be taking Overseas Nursing Preparatory Program ONPP in Lima International in Cambridge. I'm planning to take IELTS this November 2009 and hope I could get 7 or above on all areas. When I pass my IELTS, my next target is to apply for NMC qualification so that I could be a registered nurse in UK someday. Hope I could able to make to UK someday and fullfill my dream to earn a lot of POUNDS~ hehehe

you are an eager beaver. well done, and welcome to the forum ... and to the UK soon!

lizaphil
27th October 2009, 17:26

hi ritchy welcome to the fil forum
good luck for your application
is not easy the life here in the uk
well depends if you got somewhere to stay and your not paying a rent,
and you are student, your not allowed to work more than 20hours a week
so its not easy to earn a lots of pounds :icon_lol::icon_lol:

jonnijon
27th October 2009, 17:31
I cant wait to leave the UK lol

Arthur Little
27th October 2009, 17:32

:Hellooo: Welcome Ritchboy ... a well-chosen pseudonym [if I might add] from reading about your ambitions. Good Luck, young man!

Arthur Little
27th October 2009, 17:34

:rolleyes: Why?

lizaphil
27th October 2009, 17:49
:rolleyes: Why?

i think because of the cold weather coming?:icon_lol::icon_lol:

James Hubbard
27th October 2009, 18:15

I can't wait to get back, but I'm not 62, and i love uk! :D

James Hubbard
27th October 2009, 18:16
i think because of the cold weather coming?:icon_lol::icon_lol:

ya, coz typhoons are preferable right? :doh

darren-b
27th October 2009, 18:27

Are you applying through an agency? If so do think they are trustworthy? As the Lima International Learning Academy do not seem to appear on the list of approved education providers, which may make it difficult (maybe impossible..) to get a visa to study there.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/registerofsponsorseducation

Ritchyboy
28th October 2009, 13:57
Ganun po ba? I thought nurses who apply for a student visa to have experience in UK are allowed to work for about 40 hours a week. Ganun kasi sabi ng agency. 20 hours work based study hours and 20 hours working hours? Hindi po ba ganun?

By the way, nagkamali po ako. Its Lima-International ang agency and yung school is OVT college.

I need po your opinion tungkol dito. Pag nag student nurse po ba ang isang Filipino registered nurse diyan sa UK under ONPP oversease nursing preparatory program, hindi ba siya allowed to work for 40 hours? Baka kasi ma-out of budget ang finances pagdating diyan, lagot! hehe. Sabi kasi ng agency is yung course namin is work-based. Vivisit lang daw ang assesor sa work place and need to visit the school once a week lang daw. Ano po ba ang katutuhanan with regard to this?

THE MOST VITAL QUESTIOn, TOTOO PO BANG MAG GANITONG ONP PREPARATORY COURSE? its like HMPPP daw. I need your opinion bago ko ibigay ang placement fee ko sa agency.

IainBusby
28th October 2009, 15:25
Ganun po ba? I thought nurses who apply for a student visa to have experience in UK are allowed to work for about 40 hours a week. Ganun kasi sabi ng agency. 20 hours work based study hours and 20 hours working hours? Hindi po ba ganun?

By the way, nagkamali po ako. Its Lima-International ang agency and yung school is OVT college.

I need po your opinion tungkol dito. Pag nag student nurse po ba ang isang Filipino registered nurse diyan sa UK under ONPP oversease nursing preparatory program, hindi ba siya allowed to work for 40 hours? Baka kasi ma-out of budget ang finances pagdating diyan, lagot! hehe. Sabi kasi ng agency is yung course namin is work-based. Vivisit lang daw ang assesor sa work place and need to visit the school once a week lang daw. Ano po ba ang katutuhanan with regard to this?

THE MOST VITAL QUESTIOn, TOTOO PO BANG MAG GANITONG ONP PREPARATORY COURSE? its like HMPPP daw. I need your opinion bago ko ibigay ang placement fee ko sa agency.

I think you will get many more opinions and advice if you make your posts in English.

lizaphil
28th October 2009, 16:11
I think you will get many more opinions and advice if you make your posts in English.

:iagree:then other members can give you more advice

pennybarry
28th October 2009, 18:20

If you're applying for student visa, you don't need agency to help you.
You can apply directly at UK embassy in Manila.
Visit British Council website and you'll learn more from their site.
Working 40 hrs is illegal. They might be scamming you. So be very careful!!!
You will spend huge of money to enter here as student. No joke!
Take your IELTS, if you passed and got 1-2 years experience, you can get working visa in other countries like NZ and Aussie. You can move here easily with working visa and not a student visa. You just need patience and perseverance. :xxgrinning--00xx3: The choice is yours. :Rasp::) That's the advise I have given to my 3 nurses nieces. One of them is nearly there.:BouncyHappy:

kimmi
28th October 2009, 20:22

hi Ritchyboy, Goodluck with ur application but if u wont mind would u please speak in English so more members (especially for the british member) can help u with ur querry?cheers!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
28th October 2009, 22:14
Hope I could able to make to UK someday and fullfill my dream to earn a lot of POUNDS~ hehehe

had to laugh at this but not sure which one :icon_lol:

good luck on getting your future fortune and when you make it big dont forget your family :D

btw welcome.

Sophie
28th October 2009, 23:06

welcome to the forum and all the best on your future plan to come and work as a registered nurse here in the uk :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
28th October 2009, 23:45
Welcome and All the best:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
29th October 2009, 00:31
welcome...

better practice your nursing skills there first then apply for working visa here as what penny suggested.. i know lots of nurses who are now in London working as nurses after about 2 years of working in Pinas...

good luck!

Ritchyboy
29th October 2009, 01:47
Okay. I think I need to restate it in english.

Guys, I need your opinion with regard to my application in UK. I have applied at this particular agency here in the Philippines that deploy nurses for UK, but not for a working visa but for a student visa.
I just need to confirm about what they said because I don't want to end up in UK being financially broke, if in case they were scamming me. They told me that UK government had this ONPP program (Preparatory for Overseas Nursing Program) that allows Filipino nurses to work as a nurse in UK through a student visa. They added up that unlike other professionals, nurses who goes to UK through this program are allowed to work for 40 hours a week, 20 hours work-based study time and a 20 hours actual work time. According to them, with this program, we don't need to go to school, the assesor will just visit us to the hospital and evaluate our performance. More like an On-the-job training that makes up our 20 hours study time. We just need to go to the school for once a week for submission of some written task. Aside from that, they've mentioned that I could also spend my 20 hours allowed working time provided that the job would be only related to healthcare. Then once were done with the program, we could apply for the actual Overseas Nurse program and apply for a working visa.

I really need some advice with regard to this. Is it true nurses who apply for a student visa can work for 40 hours?

darren-b
29th October 2009, 07:47

Guys, I need your opinion with regard to my application in UK. I have applied at this particular agency here in the Philippines that deploy nurses for UK, but not for a working visa but for a student visa.
I just need to confirm about what they said because I don't want to end up in UK being financially broke, if in case they were scamming me. They told me that UK government had this ONPP program (Preparatory for Overseas Nursing Program) that allows Filipino nurses to work as a nurse in UK through a student visa. They added up that unlike other professionals, nurses who goes to UK through this program are allowed to work for 40 hours a week, 20 hours work-based study time and a 20 hours actual work time. According to them, with this program, we don't need to go to school, the assesor will just visit us to the hospital and evaluate our performance. More like an On-the-job training that makes up our 20 hours study time. We just need to go to the school for once a week for submission of some written task. Aside from that, they've mentioned that I could also spend my 20 hours allowed working time provided that the job would be only related to healthcare. Then once were done with the program, we could apply for the actual Overseas Nurse program and apply for a working visa.

I really need some advice with regard to this. Is it true nurses who apply for a student visa can work for 40 hours?

In the past I think it was possible, but now I do not believe it will be possible for the whole length of the course.. Here's the relevant bit from the BIA

-----------------

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/can-i-apply/type-of-study-or-work-placement/

As an adult student, you will be allowed to do a work placement as part of your course of study, as long as the work placement is an assessed part of the course. In most cases, the work placement must be no more than 50% of the length of the course in the United Kingdom. An example is if a course is two years long and the first year of the course involves full-time study, with the last year in a work placement.

The work placement can only be more than 50% of the length of the course if there is a legal (statutory) requirement for the course to contain a specific period of work placement.

jaishann
29th October 2009, 08:26

i Knew Filipino nurses who had been here in the Uk for long time but never made it to hospital, they are currently working in Care home/ rest home , what I am trying to say if you make it and you end up in care/rest home dont be surprised at leats you still get paid in £ but only for 20 hours if you are on a student visa. Keep the spirit up and all the best.

maricel28
30th October 2009, 03:01
hi ritchyboy.
check this link www.visas4students.com.

darren-b
30th October 2009, 08:50
hi ritchyboy.
check this link www.visas4students.com.

If you are refering to the bits that says

"Places are available on our Care Worker Scheme. This involves a full time placement in a care home (35-40 paid hours per week)"

and

"The Home office regulation says: NVQ courses are work related and competence based. A large part of an NVQ course is likely to be of a practical nature and involve employment. In order to meet the requirement of 15 hours organised day time study per week, hours spent on a work placement (paid or unpaid) can be taken into account if they are necessary part of the course and are undertaken with the agreement of the educational establishment."

The rules that are referenced are here http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter12/ but these were superceded for applications made after the 31st March of this year. The new rules are here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

Ritchyboy
30th October 2009, 13:13
Wow! Thanks for the info. Now I am enlightened on why nurses are allowed to work for 40 hours. I should continue my application. At least now I pretty much sure I'm not going to end up broke in UK. Thanks a lot maricel28 and darren-b.

But I was bother by this info --- could someone please ellaborate this statement?

The UK Border Agency has been notified that the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) will not be producing documents showing the official confirmation of results to these students until the end of August 2009. The updated guidance explains the application process and documents that such International Baccalaureate students making their application on or before 30 October 2009 should produce.

What does this means?

darren-b
30th October 2009, 18:38
Wow! Thanks for the info. Now I am enlightened on why nurses are allowed to work for 40 hours. I should continue my application. At least now I pretty much sure I'm not going to end up broke in UK. Thanks a lot maricel28 and darren-b.

I am glad you are enlightened, though the links I've given you don't suggest that to me...

Unless there is legal requirement for your course to contain more than 50% work placement the only way you could definately work 40 hours a week is if you had 20 hours of study, 20 hours of work placement as part of your course, and you arranged separately another 20 hours of work (ie 60 hours in total per week).

But I was bother by this info --- could someone please ellaborate this statement?

The UK Border Agency has been notified that the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) will not be producing documents showing the official confirmation of results to these students until the end of August 2009. The updated guidance explains the application process and documents that such International Baccalaureate students making their application on or before 30 October 2009 should produce.

What does this means?

If you don't know what it means then the chances are it doesn't affect you. :)

"International Baccalaureate Organisation is an international educational foundation headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland offering three educational programmes for children ages 3–19."

vfire
26th November 2009, 00:50
Hello Ritchie,
Coming here as a student does not guarantee you'll go on ONP, it depends on the company who will sponsor you and student here are only allowed 20 hours of work and paid with student rate which is the minimum wage.

V