PDA

View Full Version : thanks god we are ok today

lizaphil
25th October 2009, 21:06
we was involve in a bad car accident today another car
hit us from behind going to bluewater shopping mall..
we were in a que traffic when hubby shoted out he is going to hit us
next thing a VW old car smash into the back of our car
he hit us we such force he inded up on the other side of the road
everyone seen ok that is my hubby think ..but im not i am shaking my head is hurt.
but later we found out from the police man

he had gone thrugh the wind screen both car are a right off
thankfully no one was badly
injuird he
admitted it was all his fault he was not looking
we will go thrugh all the hassle of the insurance company bukas
meanwhile we are with out a car :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Sophie
25th October 2009, 21:11
Sorry to hear about your accident liza and thank god you and your husband are both ok and unharmed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
25th October 2009, 21:15
everyone seen ok that is my hubby think ..but im not i am shaking my head is hurt.

injuird he

Without a Car but still have one another thankfully:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sorry to hear the news but glad your all OK, even the wally not looking where he was going:NoNo:

Ji&Ma
25th October 2009, 21:24
:NoNo: Ohh, glad you are OK - never mind the car - as Somebody pointed out most important is that all of you are alright :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
25th October 2009, 21:39
:xxgrinning--00xx3: But you both are fine! The Car will be repaired or you will get another one.. :Erm:

JimOttley
25th October 2009, 21:46

injuird he

Really sorry to hear this, but really glad you can walk away unhurt, frightening experience!

Jim

tiN
25th October 2009, 23:48

injuird he

Sorry to hear this Liza, but we are glad that u and ur husband are ok:xxgrinning--00xx3:

laurel
25th October 2009, 23:52
Sorry to hear this, had a similar thing happen to me in Jan, it really shakes you up. Im glad that you are ok , hope you will feel better in the morning.

bornatbirth
25th October 2009, 23:55
to bad with the crash,hopefully you both are ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you should get a hire car and charge there insurance..oh is your neck starting to hurt from whiplash :Erm::D looks like a big pay out :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bless.books
26th October 2009, 00:19

injuird he

Hello lizaphil! Yes, thank God for His protection.

SteveL
26th October 2009, 00:48
Hi
I work in an accident management company, dealing with non fault motor accidents, so I will try to help and give you a little general advice........

Firstly and most important, as the other driver hit you in the rear it's 100% his fault. So you are entitled to claim against his insurer for your losses. If your comprehensively insured, your insurer will inspect your vehicle (normally via a motor engineer) and confirm if it's a write off or repairable. Assuming it's a write off (you think it is, so it probably is) they will give you a valuation. When you get this, dont just accept it, check it out. Most major magazine sellers will have either the Glasses or Parkers guide to second hand cars which will let you see how they have valued your car (every car has several values listed ranging from immaculate condition down to very poor). If you think they have valued it incorrectly, sont be afraid to argue.
If your not comprehensive, then you can either ask the other persons insurer to do this for you or you can go through an accident management company. Most companies (mineincluded) make their money by hiring you a replacement car and claiming the cost back from the guilty party's insurer (known as credit hire) and/or referring you to a solicitor to claim personal injury for which the solicitor pays them a fee. If you choose this route and they try and charge you any kindof fee (such as "no win no fee") go somewhere else as they are just being greedy.

As well as vehicle damage, you can hire a car yourself as long as yours is unsafe to drive. Search credit hire on google, along with Association of British Insurers Tier One.........this means the company is approved by the insurance induestry's watchdog so you shouldnt have any problems.

You mentioned your head hurts.The most common injury in your type of accident is whiplash. To over simplify , it's muscle damage to neck back or shoulders or any combination of these three. The fact your already got a head problem sounds very much like neck whiplash. Even if you dont want to make a claim, go to your GP asap , believe me, if it is whiplash your not going to be happy bunnies for a while (it can in severe cases last upto 12months on and off) - the sooner you get meds the better. If you decide to claim and I strongly suggest you do, every case is individual but the compensation range is normally £1500 to £3000 each. Now, in case your suddenly smiling, like i said before your going to earn it, it really does hurt an takes a long time to recover.

Remember, your the innocent party so dont let anyone fobb you off with anything your not happy with.

Hope this helps.

fred
26th October 2009, 06:48
I had the same type of accident on the A1M except the thing that hit me was a loaded Mercedes Sprinter doing 90 MPH as I was slowing down to 40MPH...Spun me into the center barrier and knocked me sparko for 20 mins..
Lucky to have lived though that and all I got was 6 grand.. (took about a year to get the cash)

whiteraven
26th October 2009, 08:00
just glad you are ok, but get yourselves checked out anyway and get as much as you can off the insurance:xxgrinning--00xx3:

liane
26th October 2009, 09:34
I'm glad you are safe.:)

Ana_may365
26th October 2009, 10:18
were glad that both of u are safe!thanks god!dont worry about the car,just tell the insurance of the people who bump u, u want a new car:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D[im joking]he he he miss u!

lizaphil
26th October 2009, 10:18
I had the same type of accident on the A1M except the thing that hit me was a loaded Mercedes Sprinter doing 90 MPH as I was slowing down to 40MPH...Spun me into the center barrier and knocked me sparko for 20 mins..
Lucky to have lived though that and all I got was 6 grand.. (took about a year to get the cash)

yes we both ok
and yes that is my hubby says took about a year to get cash :NoNo:

i dont have car to go to work

lizaphil
26th October 2009, 10:23
were glad that both of u are safe!thanks god!dont worry about the car,just tell the insurance of the people who bump u, u want a new car:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D[im joking]he he he miss u!

thanks ate ana
i dont have car my nissa is gone :bigcry::bigcry:
and my neck is start hurting now im going to see my doctor
and im so scared to drive :bigcry::bigcry:very bad expirience
i have never forget

lizaphil
26th October 2009, 10:27
and thank you very much of your concern guys
its very appreciate..
and im on my holiday for 2weeks but i cant go anywhere with out car:NoNo::NoNo::bigcry::bigcry:

lizaphil
26th October 2009, 11:12
Hi
I work in an accident management company, dealing with non fault motor accidents, so I will try to help and give you a little general advice........

Firstly and most important, as the other driver hit you in the rear it's 100% his fault. So you are entitled to claim against his insurer for your losses. If your comprehensively insured, your insurer will inspect your vehicle (normally via a motor engineer) and confirm if it's a write off or repairable. Assuming it's a write off (you think it is, so it probably is) they will give you a valuation. When you get this, dont just accept it, check it out. Most major magazine sellers will have either the Glasses or Parkers guide to second hand cars which will let you see how they have valued your car (every car has several values listed ranging from immaculate condition down to very poor). If you think they have valued it incorrectly, sont be afraid to argue.
If your not comprehensive, then you can either ask the other persons insurer to do this for you or you can go through an accident management company. Most companies (mineincluded) make their money by hiring you a replacement car and claiming the cost back from the guilty party's insurer (known as credit hire) and/or referring you to a solicitor to claim personal injury for which the solicitor pays them a fee. If you choose this route and they try and charge you any kindof fee (such as "no win no fee") go somewhere else as they are just being greedy.

As well as vehicle damage, you can hire a car yourself as long as yours is unsafe to drive. Search credit hire on google, along with Association of British Insurers Tier One.........this means the company is approved by the insurance induestry's watchdog so you shouldnt have any problems.

You mentioned your head hurts.The most common injury in your type of accident is whiplash. To over simplify , it's muscle damage to neck back or shoulders or any combination of these three. The fact your already got a head problem sounds very much like neck whiplash. Even if you dont want to make a claim, go to your GP asap , believe me, if it is whiplash your not going to be happy bunnies for a while (it can in severe cases last upto 12months on and off) - the sooner you get meds the better. If you decide to claim and I strongly suggest you do, every case is individual but the compensation range is normally £1500 to £3000 each. Now, in case your suddenly smiling, like i said before your going to earn it, it really does hurt an takes a long time to recover.

Remember, your the innocent party so dont let anyone fobb you off with anything your not happy with.

Hope this helps.

hi,thank you very much for your time,and help and advice
hubby he just speak to the insurance company
and they given us the hired car untill all they sorted out

KeithD
26th October 2009, 12:40
Look on the brightside .... you're both OK, and you get a new car out of it :)

If me and the missus had been involved, we'd have checked how badly injured the other driver was, and if it wasn't serious we'd make sure he was before the ambulance arrived :xxangry-smiley-038:

lizaphil
26th October 2009, 15:56
Look on the brightside .... you're both OK, and you get a new car out of it :)

If me and the missus had been involved, we'd have checked how badly injured the other driver was, and if it wasn't serious we'd make sure he was before the ambulance arrived :xxangry-smiley-038:

we didn't think about him because i am shaking im so nervous my hubby so angry at him because he wasnt looking and the driver who just bang my car he was shouting when he come out the car and he had blood on his mouth because i think he didnt setbuilt on, because his car is old VW that is the police said ohh is terable
we
didn think to take a picture when that happend just all shock
and one woman come along and said i give you all my details because i saw everything i can be your witness if you got any problem,because she saying
last year she been involve also and no one help her to be a witness so she lost everything so that is very nice of her thanks for that vikki
you got very good heart

pocahontas
27th October 2009, 15:22

injuird he

how are you now? im sorry to hear that big hussle now but thank god that nothing serious bad ill happened to you and to your hubby. things happened unexpectedly just like that.... everything will be fine now liza keep patient in having without a car for meanwhile so as your husband too..8-) tc!!:)

jonathan47
27th October 2009, 17:30
liza glad you and hubby ok as others have said dont worry about the materials things its good you both walked away...
regards

lizaphil
27th October 2009, 17:35
how are you now? im sorry to hear that big hussle now but thank god that nothing serious bad ill happened to you and to your hubby. things happened unexpectedly just like that.... everything will be fine now liza keep patient in having without a car for meanwhile so as your husband too..8-) tc!!:)

yea thank pocahontas no we are alright now
we not worried about the car we are happy because no one get hurt badly
thank you for your concern:):)

lizaphil
27th October 2009, 17:41
liza glad you and hubby ok as others have said dont worry about the materials things its good you both walked away...
regards

thank you jonathan yes we both ok and we just manage to got home
and today we got hired car from there insurance and taken away my car
they look at my car if they can mended or scraft we dont know
thank you guys for your reply and concern

lizaphil
27th October 2009, 17:46
:xxgrinning--00xx3: But you both are fine! The Car will be repaired or you will get another one.. :Erm:

hello sean,thank you for your concern

and happy trip is that tomorow?
wow its gone so quick:)

johncar54
27th October 2009, 18:08
I got hit in the back of my car, it was a long time ago (the evening of the day in 1966 when England won the world cup). I got shunted into the car in front. I foolishly had my foot on the clutch (in gear) and on the brake. Both feet came off the pedals with the impact. The car behind did not have insurance. So my full comp paid and I lost my No Claim Bonus.

Anyway, ever since then I have never been stationery in traffic without having my hand brake firmly on and my car in neutral. I recommend that practice to all.

lizaphil
27th October 2009, 18:24
I got hit in the back of my car, it was a long time ago (the evening of the day in 1966 when England won the world cup). I got shunted into the car in front. I foolishly had my foot on the clutch (in gear) and on the brake. Both feet came off the pedals with the impact. The car behind did not have insurance. So my full comp paid and I lost my No Claim Bonus.

Anyway, ever since then I have never been stationery in traffic without having my hand brake firmly on and my car in neutral. I recommend that practice to all.

oh that was sad ..so you lost everything?that is bad ... we just lucky atleast
nothing happend both me and my hubby thanks

pennybarry
28th October 2009, 18:29
Sorry to hear that Liza. I still have my phobia here after I had accident before.
I hope your fear will vanish soon and can drive again.

As much as possible, I don't want to drive, until I get my citizenship.:D:doh

KeithD
28th October 2009, 18:46
I still have my phobia here after I had accident before.
I'm not surprised :rolleyes: Only something a woman could do.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UsvJvrBJ_9U/RbBsmnmq68I/AAAAAAAAAOQ/WnQEePs_RWc/s320/Vertical+Car+Crash+-+KGTV.jpg

lizaphil
28th October 2009, 20:14
Sorry to hear that Liza. I still have my phobia here after I had accident before.
I hope your fear will vanish soon and can drive again.

As much as possible, I don't want to drive, until I get my citizenship.:D:doh

thanks penny,i need to be confidence to drive back because of my work
i am still looking for car because my car is write off just found out today

Arthur Little
28th October 2009, 21:33

injuird he

:omg: What a nasty experience ... thank God no-one was badly hurt! And, since the other party involved has admitted liability for the accident, his insurers will, I think, provide you with a 'courtesy car' pending settlement of your claim.

pennybarry
29th October 2009, 10:56
I'm not surprised :rolleyes: Only something a woman could do.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UsvJvrBJ_9U/RbBsmnmq68I/AAAAAAAAAOQ/WnQEePs_RWc/s320/Vertical+Car+Crash+-+KGTV.jpg

Wow! That's better than what I've experienced.:D
Our van tyres blew up and rolled about half a mile.
Steel bars went lost and we suddenly stopped without 2 tyres, no right door, no steel bars at the bottom.:bigcry:
Truck was coming towards us and I was the first one who seen it and shout to leave the car ASAP.:Brick: Thanks God, we're still alive.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can drive, trying to beat my phobia. Wish If I learned, i would like to be a better driver more than my hubby.:Cuckoo:

lizaphil
29th October 2009, 19:52
Wow! That's better than what I've experienced.:D
Our van tyres blew up and rolled about half a mile.
Steel bars went lost and we suddenly stopped without 2 tyres, no right door, no steel bars at the bottom.:bigcry:
Truck was coming towards us and I was the first one who seen it and shout to leave the car ASAP.:Brick: Thanks God, we're still alive.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can drive, trying to beat my phobia. Wish If I learned, i would like to be a better driver more than my hubby.:Cuckoo:

wow you and your hubby so lucky?
your experience is so really scary
i wonder how you get that your phobia?
but dont wory you ganna more better driver than your hubby :D:D

pennybarry
30th October 2009, 09:29
wow you and your hubby so lucky?
your experience is so really scary
i wonder how you get that your phobia?
but dont wory you ganna more better driver than your hubby :D:D

NOT me and hubby.:omg:
It was happened when we had holiday in Baguio with my 3 female friends.

I hope I can be better than him ahahhaha.