would be very gratefull Ricky:Help1: :Help1:

mrs j english
18th November 2006, 17:21
http://www.marketmanila.com/archives/tocino-cured-pork

gingxrick
18th November 2006, 17:37
Hello to you mrs j english, just wanted to say salamat for the
information you have supplied.:smileybigtmouth:
Now my wife Ging is going to do some home cooking:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

baboyako
18th November 2006, 19:20
..the way i like to cook tocino is..

get a pack of belly pork from the supermarket.
cut the pork into 1" chunks
place in bowl with mama sitas :xxgrinning--00xx3: tocino mix & allow to marinade for a few hours.

take a wok, or deep frying pan & place the pork & all the juice in the pan, fill the pan with water (cover the pork).

simmer the whole lot until all the water is gone (40mins or so), then the mix becomes a sticky mess.
serve with rice :icon_lol:

I like this more than the philippine style with less fat, less sweet.. & belly pork is really cheap :rolleyes:

gingxrick
18th November 2006, 23:07
salamat baboyako, will try this in the coming week.:REDancedancer08: :smileybigtmouth:

KeithD
19th November 2006, 09:59
English TOCINO;

http://static.flickr.com/21/100194111_ecb7f65c74_m.jpg

gingxrick
19th November 2006, 10:22
WOW NICE ONE KEITH can you tell me how to prepare it...:woohoo: :woohoo: :appl:

KeithD
19th November 2006, 10:33
Mushy chips, dog turd & vomit :yikes: .....well that's how they do it in our local chippy anyway :icon_lol:. It's usually safer to eat the plate :cwm24:

misshope
21st November 2006, 15:23
Never mind the tocino, got that already, how about the good old PEA AND HAM SOUP? that would warm you up in winter.

Tish
21st November 2006, 15:49
Beef stew and dumplings yummy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

russ01539
22nd November 2006, 23:08
Guys if you know how to do a Tuna Pasta bake try it for your patners, mine goes crazy for it.

KeithD
23rd November 2006, 10:12
Guys if you know how to do a Tuna Pasta bake try it for your patners, mine goes crazy for it.

You sure he wasn't crazy before you met him?

http://sj.blacksteel.com/padded-cell/Posey07.jpg

Ping
23rd November 2006, 13:05
Hey you can cook BAk Kut Tea soup good in the winter. You can buy the bak kut tea spices with ginseng or plain one in a packet in chinise shop, .You need few ingredients like pork ribs,garlic and soy sauce.Or you can cook bulalo, soup number five, chicken sweet corn soup, hot and sour soup, sinigang and many others.Try if you husband like it.Just ask me.

mrs j english
23rd November 2006, 14:50
Hey you can cook BAk Kut Tea soup good in the winter. You can buy the bak kut tea spices with ginseng or plain one in a packet in chinise shop, .You need few ingredients like pork ribs,garlic and soy sauce.Or you can cook bulalo, soup number five, chicken sweet corn soup, hot and sour soup, sinigang and many others.Try if you husband like it.Just ask me.

:yikes:

Such a brave hubby you got!! I guess he's flaming hot after having soup number 5 locally know as butsbak. :cwm23: