PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Topic! I feel sick and tired!

pennybarry
23rd October 2009, 11:09
I was at school yesterday, at the canteen, my classmates chatting about immigrants. They said their benefits are affected because of immigrants coming in the UK. Their benefits is decreasing and they moaning about immigrants who are staying here for years and still couldn't talk english. Blahblahblah

If you watch television, it's the same. It's always the topic and seems really a big problem of UK.:furious3: blahbalahblah

If you read newspapers, same topic.:Brick:Blahbalhblah

I told my husband, I feel bit affected as his wife is a foreigner and hear moanings :D, jobless at the moment, claiming benefits. :bigcry:

Lucky are those birds from other countries and migrates to UK, if british lives close to lakes and streams, and watch the birds at lakes/streams/rivers, then they feel happy anout migrated birds here. But if human beings migrates here, I don't know if they are happy.

Jay&Zobel
23rd October 2009, 11:14
I was at school yesterday, at the canteen, my classmates chatting about immigrants. They said their benefits are affected because of immigrants coming in the UK. Their benefits is decreasing and they moaning about immigrants who are staying here for years and still couldn't talk english. Blahblahblah

If you watch television, it's the same. It's always the topic and seems really a big problem of UK.:furious3: blahbalahblah

I told my husband, I feel bit affected as his wife is a foreigner and hear moanings :D, jobless at the moment, claiming benefits. :bigcry:

Lucky are those birds from other countries and migrates to UK, if british lives close to lakes and streams, and watch the birds at lakes/streams/rivers, then they feel happy anout migrated birds here. But if human beings migrates here, I don't know if they are happy.

Find yourself a job then hehe, so you won't feel guilty :D:icon_lol:

Ah well, some immigrants are really not doing anything by the looks of things.

pennybarry
23rd October 2009, 11:22

Ah well, some immigrants are really not doing anything by the looks of things.

Well I paid lots of tax for 3 years and just had an operation. Of course I do, but I'm studying at the moment and I prefer part time only. Even Jobcentreplus sends me application forms from other companies which I feel pressure. My former employer said, he will rehire me, once I really feel better as my job there requires lifting.:doh

pumpkins
23rd October 2009, 11:27
hi pennyberry
i wonder why your classmates letting you hear about their moaning, they know that you are one of the people they talking about.do they do that on purpose so you will feel guilty? just ignore them..
show them that you are happy with your head held high:xxgrinning--00xx3::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12:

pennybarry
23rd October 2009, 11:37
hi pennyberry
i wonder why your classmates letting you hear about their moaning, they know that you are one of the people they talking about.do they do that on purpose so you will feel guilty? just ignore them..
show them that you are happy with your head held high:xxgrinning--00xx3::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12:

I didn't ignore them. I moved and sat between them and shared some topics like filipino nurses here. I said we have 40,000+ nurses here and paying tax, and cannot work here if not gained at least 7.0 in their IELTS. :D And they didn't know about it.:D

Jay&Zobel
23rd October 2009, 11:38
Well I paid lots of tax for 3 years and just had an operation. Of course I do, but I'm studying at the moment and I prefer part time only. Even Jobcentreplus sends me application forms from other companies which I feel pressure. My former employer said, he will rehire me, once I really feel better as my job there requires lifting.:doh

hi pennyberry

Yep just ignore them, you don't have to feel pressured about it. They are just moaning and wanted more money from the government. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hope you get well soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
23rd October 2009, 11:39

Ahhh ... not quite so easy, Zobel. :NoNo: Myrna has been here since March. Having a BSc + part-Masters', she taught for 22 years at a Govt High School in the Phils ... yet her degree doesn't "cut any ice" with the General Teaching Council in Scotland.

Conversely, BECAUSE of her graduate status, she's considered to be over-qualified for the likes of say, :rolleyes: shop work ...

... so, for the time being, at least, she's sort of "piggy-in-the-middle". And I'll bet she is only one of many who find themselves in a similar situation! :doh

pennybarry
23rd October 2009, 11:46
Yep just ignore them, you don't have to feel pressured about it. They are just moaning and wanted more money from the government. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hope you get well soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks J&Z, Pumpkins!:D
You are right! They really need money from benefits. But to be honest, they don't know that people like us, doesn't want to be a burden of UK gov't.

I asked my classmate who live close to ours and she is also my classmate in claiming benefits.:icon_lol: I asked her if she got job applications from them and surprised! she isn't. :D. I consider myself lucky.:D:icon_lol:

bornatbirth
23rd October 2009, 11:52
you should ignore them!

immigration as been around for years and it wont matter whos in goverment,all these countries signing upto the eu are getting bad press because we are getting told there flooding the country.

seems to me the are doing all the jobs uk citizens wont do and better too,so next time tell them to find out all the facts before they chat about a subject they have limited knowledge on.:D

Jay&Zobel
23rd October 2009, 11:52
Ahhh ... not quite so easy, Zobel. :NoNo: Myrna has been here since March. Having a BSc + part-Masters', she taught for 22 years at a Govt High School in the Phils ... yet her degree doesn't "cut any ice" with the General Teaching Council in Scotland.

Conversely, BECAUSE of her graduate status, she's considered to be over-qualified for the likes of say, :rolleyes: shop work ...

... so, for the time being, at least, she's sort of "piggy-in-the-middle. And I'll bet she is only one of many who find themselves in a similar situation! :doh

Yes, you are right Arthur, sad but really right. Plenty of immigrants are very qualified to do a particular job that's why they are not being hired. But what annoys me most are those people who are moaning about income benefits but still wont do anything to find a decent job. All they want is to get money from the government and just be lazy.

I pray your Myrna will find one soon. (what about not declaring her qualifications? eeekk, will it help?)

pennybarry
23rd October 2009, 11:53

... so, for the time being, at least, she's sort of "piggy-in-the-middle. And I'll bet she is only one of many who find themselves in a similar situation! :doh

You're absolutely right Arthur:xxgrinning--00xx3:. There are many here who has degrees and tring to find a good one, but it's not that easy.

Anyway, we are not picky, as much as possible being a good citizen is our goal and not a burden here.:Rasp:

Goodluck to your wifey Arthur. How about if she enrol some courses to help her employed someday?

pennybarry
23rd October 2009, 12:01
you should ignore them!

immigration as been around for years and it wont matter whos in goverment,all these countries signing upto the eu are getting bad press because we are getting told there flooding the country.

seems to me the are doing all the jobs uk citizens wont do and better too,so next time tell them to find out all the facts before they chat about a subject they have limited knowledge on.:D

No, I can be friendly with them and share what's the topic!:D

Yes! Gov't seems stands for EU only and I'm jealous!:icon_lol::Rasp:
Hubby said they can claim benefits from day 1. But we, that is not applicable.:ARsurrender::doh

pumpkins
23rd October 2009, 12:21

you don't need to tell you have graduate status to be a shop worker..if you are serious about working you tell them what they need to hear...end of the day it pays better than back home...nothing wrong with ''rollleyes..shop work''

Tawi2
23rd October 2009, 13:12
you don't need to tell you have graduate status to be a shop worker..if you are serious about working you tell them what they need to hear...end of the day it pays better than back home...nothing wrong with ''rollleyes..shop work''

Good philosophy Pumpkins,in the words of my grandfather "Owts better than nowt" :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
23rd October 2009, 13:17
hi pennyberry

Poor hubby, his name always changed with Berry :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sophie
23rd October 2009, 13:22
As what everyone said here already, just ignore them penny.....do not entertain whatever they say....
The more you listen to them, the more bad you will just feel.....you know better...
You know you're not a burden in this country and you made sufficient contributions in the past years as a taxpayer here....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
23rd October 2009, 13:28
Myrna has been here since March. Having a BSc + part-Masters', she taught for 22 years at a Govt High School in the Phils ... yet her degree doesn't "cut any ice" with the General Teaching Council in Scotland.

... so, for the time being, at least, she's sort of "piggy-in-the-middle". And I'll bet she is only one of many who find themselves in a similar situation! :doh

I couldn't agree with you more arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Sad reality :NoNo:
Anyway, i wish myrna all the best on her future job prospects :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
23rd October 2009, 13:36
As what everyone said here already, just ignore them penny.....do not entertain whatever they say....
The more you listen to them, the more bad you will just feel.....you know better...
You know you're not a burden in this country and you made sufficient contributions in the past years as a taxpayer here....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Sophie! I will try to ignore:D
I will have no bad feeling against them.
Just want them to be considerate and should learn more about immigrants.
They better focus on illegal immigrants, overstayers and wish UK gov't will sort this things out.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

GaryFifer
23rd October 2009, 13:59
At present this is an emotive subject. I think people are simply looking for someone to blame, and this was rightly pointed out by Question Time panelists last night. Whenever the far right get an issue, it is always someones fault, when my dad was young, it was the blacks, then it was the Pakis, now it is Muslim faith fault. NEVER EVER listen to it.

After all we fought together in the war against a common evil of fascism. You Filipino ancestors fought side by side with the allies in the war against the Japanese.

They probably feel immigrants are getting houses before them. So they want to point the finger and blame.As for benefits being affected, this is misinformed. Do immigrants claim benefits? Indirectly perhaps. They are talking about housing benefits and getting the rent paid for them, or perhaps they feel some gain they are not getting. Always about "Wheres my share?"

The real truth is. They should be having a go at the bankers. I have no idea why immigrants who wish to make life better for loved ones should get the blame for less money when bankers get paid millions. No one can justify that. What do you think?

Remember the BNP's Mr Griffin was so stupid about his history he said only indigenous people should be allowed to stay. Those people that have been here for 17,000 years. It was pointed out to him that noone was here during that time, because there was an Ice Age, and the people traveled to the UK when the ice melted. Noone can be proven to be indigenous people. His argument were disingenuous, he looked flustered, stressed, and kept changing his mind about his beliefs. Were you quoted as saying that? No I never said that. The papers always lie about everything I said. Well you can't argue with video evidence-on Youtube, you said that standing next to a Klu Klux Klan member. Oh they are a non violent organisation he says smirking.

In the end, he made a complete an utter fool of himself. The British public are not stupid and you should understand we are just sick of the corrupt MPs at the present and want them to get their fingers out to fix things.

Arthur Little
23rd October 2009, 14:06
you *don't need to tell you have graduate status to be a shop worker..if you are serious about working you tell them what they need to hear...end of the day it pays better than back home...nothing wrong with ''rollleyes..shop work''

Ah, but you *DO! Practically every employer here in the UK nowadays expects applicants to produce a CV ... especially large superstores (even if the work involves nothing more than making up sandwiches). I know this for a fact, as one of the jobs Myrna applied for entailed doing JUST THAT, and she was turned down ... presumably because she was [academically] over-qualified, although I cannot be certain, since she didn't even get the length of an interview.

No, there's nothing wrong with shop work ... :Erm: nor had my post been intended to imply there WAS! :NoNo: But whereas when I was young, one could simply walk into ... let's say ... a shop, office ... or whatever, and ask if there were any vacancies available, current Employment Legislation dictates that ALL jobs must be advertised.

:doh Thank God, I'm retired!

Arthur Little
23rd October 2009, 14:16
*They should be having a go at the bankers. I have no idea why immigrants who wish to make life better for loved ones should get the blame for less money when bankers get paid millions. No one can justify that. What do you think?

*Absolutely! :iagree:

James Hubbard
23rd October 2009, 14:17
At present this is an emotive subject. I think people are simply looking for someone to blame, and this was rightly pointed out by Question Time panelists last night. Whenever the far right get an issue, it is always someones fault, when my dad was young, it was the blacks, then it was the Pakis, now it is Muslim faith fault. NEVER EVER listen to it.

After all we fought together in the war against a common evil of fascism. You Filipino ancestors fought side by side with the allies in the war against the Japanese.

They probably feel immigrants are getting houses before them. So they want to point the finger and blame.As for benefits being affected, this is misinformed. Do immigrants claim benefits? Indirectly perhaps. They are talking about housing benefits and getting the rent paid for them, or perhaps they feel some gain they are not getting. Always about "Wheres my share?"

The real truth is. They should be having a go at the bankers. I have no idea why immigrants who wish to make life better for loved ones should get the blame for less money when bankers get paid millions. No one can justify that. What do you think?

Remember the BNP's Mr Griffin was so stupid about his history he said only indigenous people should be allowed to stay. Those people that have been here for 17,000 years. It was pointed out to him that noone was here during that time, because there was an Ice Age, and the people traveled to the UK when the ice melted. Noone can be proven to be indigenous people. His argument were disingenuous, he looked flustered, stressed, and kept changing his mind about his beliefs. Were you quoted as saying that? No I never said that. The papers always lie about everything I said. Well you can't argue with video evidence-on Youtube, you said that standing next to a Klu Klux Klan member. Oh they are a non violent organisation he says smirking.

In the end, he made a complete an utter fool of himself. The British public are not stupid and you should understand we are just sick of the corrupt MPs at the present and want them to get their fingers out to fix things.

Ahh, I'm downloading it on youtube now - Hi quality, therefore it's taking bloody ages...

then, I shall opine out loud on what I see!

It'll be interesting hearing what the ridiculously-voiced Nazi boy has to say . . . more-so how he says it!

James Hubbard
23rd October 2009, 14:21
Ahh, I'm downloading it on youtube now - Hi quality, therefore it's taking bloody ages...

then, I shall opine out loud on what I see!

It'll be interesting hearing what the ridiculously-voiced Nazi boy has to say . . . more-so how he says it!

indeed, I'm sure there's nothing to paint Mr Griffin as a fascist *hint, see attachment below*

James Hubbard
23rd October 2009, 14:24
Ah, but you *DO! Practically every employer here in the UK nowadays expects applicants to produce a CV ... especially large superstores (even if the work involves nothing more than making up sandwiches). I know this for a fact, as one of the jobs Myrna applied for entailed doing JUST THAT, and she was turned down ... presumably because she was over-qualified, although I cannot be certain, since she didn't even get the length of an interview.

No, there's nothing wrong with shop work ... :Erm: nor had my post been intended to imply there WAS! :NoNo: But whereas when I was young, one could simply walk into ... let's say ... a shop, office ... or whatever, and ask if there were any vacancies available, current Employment Legislation dictates that ALL jobs must be advertised.

In a very dark time for me in the past, I got rejected by 3 different branches of mcdonalds on the premise that I'm overeducated seeing I have been to University!

Damn you FE! You were supposed to get me a job, not get me rejected! :bigcry:

pennybarry
23rd October 2009, 14:28

Good post G2J!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Months ago,I watched about British Ancestors from thousand years ago. I forgot what they called them. They were not white, big ears, big face:D.

Our ancestors, fought with Japanese as well as Spaniards because it's our own country and they didn't treat us well. Spanish called us Indio:cwm23: and did something against our country. Japanese as well.

But this times, we treat foreigners something special.
No more wars and we always declare love.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
23rd October 2009, 14:28
I couldn't agree with you more arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Sad reality :NoNo:
Anyway, i wish myrna all the best on her future job prospects :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Many thanks, Sophie. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

MarBell379
23rd October 2009, 14:29
Unfortunately, there are some people that move to the UK as family members or asylum seekers, never seek work, claim against the state as much as they are able, and dont learn to speak more than the most basic english skills.
This is not me being racist, it is reality.
I would NEVER tar all immigrants with the same brush though, which is what many people here in the UK seem to do.
My fiancee is upset and feels guilty a lot right now because she is not ALLOWED to work. I find this completely ridiculous when so many are put up, clothed and fed at taxpayers expense!
I believe THIS is what people object to most, but the small minority that do this tarnish the reputation of every other immigrant.:NoNo:

James Hubbard
23rd October 2009, 14:32
They were not white, big ears, big face:D.

You mean prince charles and camilla's baby?

Tawi2
23rd October 2009, 14:37
Good post G2J!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Months ago,I watched about British Ancestors from thousand years ago. I forgot what they called them. They were not white, big ears, big face:D.

Our ancestors, fought with Japanese as well as Spaniards because it's our own country and they didn't treat us well. Spanish called us Indio:cwm23: and did something against our country. Japanese as well.

Dont forget the americans Pen,I never understood the philippino fascination with americans,after all didnt they kill an estimated 600,000 pinoys during the
Filipino-american war,we all know what the "The monkeys have no tails in Zamboanga" song was referring to :NoNo:

pennybarry
23rd October 2009, 14:48

I always have my CV, I don't change the Education and Working experience.
It will be confusing if you changed it if you apply any position.
If employers says I'm overqualified, I say, I'm willing to start from the bottom.
If employers says I'm under qualified, I just says give me a break Sir!:D
We should tell the truth in our CV. IMHO

Ah, but you *DO! Practically every employer here in the UK nowadays expects applicants to produce a CV ... especially large superstores (even if the work involves nothing more than making up sandwiches). I know this for a fact, as one of the jobs Myrna applied for entailed doing JUST THAT, and she was turned down ... presumably because she was [academically] over-qualified, although I cannot be certain, since she didn't even get the length of an interview.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
You don't need CV anymore. :D

pennybarry
23rd October 2009, 14:53
You mean prince charles and camilla's baby?

Lols! You made me laugh!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
You mean it's back to the future?:omg:

Dont forget the americans Pen,I never understood the philippino fascination with americans,after all didnt they kill an estimated 600,000 pinoys during the
Filipino-american war,we all know what the "The monkeys have no tails in Zamboanga" song was referring to :NoNo:

Oh yes Tawi I forgot to mention them! My Nanay said they left too much filipino women preggy. These women were crying at the sea port when americans left them!:omg:

Arthur Little
23rd October 2009, 15:00
Plenty of immigrants are very qualified to do a particular job that's why they are not being hired. But what annoys me most are those people who are moaning about income benefits but still wont do anything to find a decent job. All they want is to get money from the government and just be lazy.

Exactly, Zobel,:iagree:

I pray your Myrna will find one soon. (what about not declaring her qualifications? eeekk, will it help?)

Many thanks! :Erm: As regards not declaring her qualifications ... see my response to Pumpkins' post.

Arthur Little
23rd October 2009, 15:47
Months ago,I watched about British Ancestors from thousand years ago. I forgot what they *called them. They were not white, big ears, big face:D.

:Erm: * Neanderthals [I think] Penny.

Yeah, I believe the Japanese and the Spaniards both treated the Filipino people very cruelly indeed ... the :censored:s!!

IMHO, the Philippines "tops the charts" as being one of the friendliest ... and most peaceable ... nations in the entire world. Oh sure, there's the terrorist factions, but they're in the minority and, as far as I'm aware, restricted to certain "religious" extremists existing in mountainous locations.

Sophie
23rd October 2009, 16:16
[QUOTE=Jay&Zobel;185206]Plenty of immigrants are very qualified to do a particular job that's why they are not being hired. But what annoys me most are those people who are moaning about income benefits but still wont do anything to find a decent job. All they want is to get money from the government and just be lazy.QUOTE]

Very true :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
24th October 2009, 08:56
:Erm: * Neanderthals [I think] Penny.

Yes ! I think so:D That's European origins and ours too.???:omg:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.christinamwilliams.com/images/Neanderthal.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.christinamwilliams.com/Neanderthal%2520Gods.htm&usg=__KOqdAxG6_ekdP_y6QDP7aDJebJw=&h=287&w=512&sz=71&hl=en&start=84&um=1&tbnid=E6oG74B5egzuMM:&tbnh=73&tbnw=131&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dneanderthal%2Borigins%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D80%26um%3D1

James Hubbard
24th October 2009, 09:35
Penny, I think, when it comes to the emotive issue of immigration and immigrants, it's not that british people whine, it's just that there are 2 sides to every coin. I completely understand your side, but then you gotta understand the side of the people who are complaining, try to hear inside their arguments for the kernel (or more) of truth that may be found within.

That's all I'll say.

Thanks, Jim Hub.

darren-b
24th October 2009, 09:52
Many thanks! :Erm: As regards not declaring her qualifications ... see my response to Pumpkins' post.

Bit confused. You may have to provide a CV but it doesn't mean you have to provide all the information. Being modest on a CV isn't a problem (most people do the opposite....) and is worth dong if you feel your wife is being overlooked because she is too qualified.

James Hubbard
24th October 2009, 11:10
Bit confused. You may have to provide a CV but it doesn't mean you have to provide all the information. Being modest on a CV isn't a problem (most people do the opposite....) and is worth dong if you feel your wife is being overlooked because she is too qualified.

I have learnt from my aforementioned experiences that when my wife applies for jobs at McD's (all to learn the trade before starting our burger bar here in pinas), she'll not mention her university education!

pumpkins
24th October 2009, 11:49
Poor hubby, his name always changed with Berry :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

my apologies to you pennybarry:):):)

JimOttley
24th October 2009, 12:07
I didn't ignore them. I moved and sat between them and shared some topics like filipino nurses here. I said we have 40,000+ nurses here and paying tax, and cannot work here if not gained at least 7.0 in their IELTS. :D And they didn't know about it.:D

Too right! Well done Penny, take the fight to them and educate them otherwise they will just absorb the usual stereotypical gossip and repeat it over and over.

Jim

jaishann
24th October 2009, 12:15

dont get affected you are luckier than me where I used to work there was one who hated foreigns as theyve taken her husbands job haha. She always pull her face on me but i just ignored here. Have a good day.

JimOttley
24th October 2009, 12:19
Yes ! I think so:D That's European origins and ours too.???:omg:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.christinamwilliams.com/images/Neanderthal.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.christinamwilliams.com/Neanderthal%2520Gods.htm&usg=__KOqdAxG6_ekdP_y6QDP7aDJebJw=&h=287&w=512&sz=71&hl=en&start=84&um=1&tbnid=E6oG74B5egzuMM:&tbnh=73&tbnw=131&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dneanderthal%2Borigins%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D80%26um%3D1

To correct a little misinterpretation, the Neanderthal's were a branch of humanity a separate species it is thought, they branched from our line a long long time ago, it is not known if any interbreeding could still occur with Cro-Magnon people around 45,000 years back so they may not have been a completely separate species (species boundary is usually defined by an inability to interbreed successfully)

The Neanderthal's are extinct, modern humans are from a separate lineage going back a long long way.

Jim

joebloggs
24th October 2009, 12:22

and non British Europeans who want to work in the UK don't need to take ILETS, it's discrimination against non Europeans and crazy :Cuckoo::Rasp: that someone who cannot read, write or speak English to a set standard could treat someone, if your first language is not English then you should have to take ILETS whether your from the EU, outside the EU or from another galaxy :D

James Hubbard
24th October 2009, 13:23
or from another galaxy :D

Otherwise known as Manchester.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
24th October 2009, 13:25
Otherwise known as Manchester.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i wouldn't know, I'm in Salford :icon_lol:

somebody
24th October 2009, 13:29

Simply dont tell the employer if you have to many qualfications. You can only get in trouble if you make up Qualfications in most situations.

somebody
24th October 2009, 13:30
and non British Europeans who want to work in the UK don't need to take ILETS, it's discrimination against non Europeans and crazy :Cuckoo::Rasp: that someone who cannot read, write or speak English to a set standard could treat someone, if your first language is not English then you should have to take ILETS whether your from the EU, outside the EU or from another galaxy :D

Most companies get round that by insisting on a minimum of GCSE pass in English and sometimes Maths for all employees

James Hubbard
24th October 2009, 13:32
i wouldn't know, I'm in Salford :icon_lol:

Touche dear fella, touche!:doh

somebody
24th October 2009, 13:38
you should ignore them!

People buried around stonehenge were found to have been born and grow up abroad. People also traveled huge distances around the UK (which may well have felt like traveling abroad with different tribes, culture and language)

somebody
24th October 2009, 13:49
Penny, I think, when it comes to the emotive issue of immigration and immigrants, it's not that british people whine, it's just that there are 2 sides to every coin. I completely understand your side, but then you gotta understand the side of the people who are complaining, try to hear inside their arguments for the kernel (or more) of truth that may be found within.

That's all I'll say.

Thanks, Jim Hub.

The other side of the coin is I hear Phills moaning about Koreans, Indians, indodesians and chinese stealing work via either jobs or businesses.
Others moan about these non phills marrying the local women.

People in the Uk will moan if people move around the country and take jobs, to a degree its human nature. One thing most countries seem to have is there far share of moaners:D

johncar54
24th October 2009, 15:21
The Neanderthal's are extinct, modern humans are from a separate lineage going back a long long way.

Really, mmm interesting ,-............. I thought Jack Straw and all the others in the main line parties, said they were in the BNP !!!!!!

RickyR
25th October 2009, 05:27
The true issue is being overlooked.
The real problem isn't immigration, the root of the issue is the poor setup of the Welfare State.
The Welfare State is an excellent system, when setup properly. However the resentment arises amongst those who regularly pay tax and NI and see immigrants, 18 year old single mothers and people who have never paid into the system taking out so much and living a much better lifestyle then those struggling to work, pay bills and receive nothing.
The system needs to be amended to make it something that helps people get back onto their feet, but isn't desirable and doesn't give anyone a longterm option. For the immigrants and job seekers, I feel they should be allowed and forced to take up community or national service after a set period of time in order to be eligible for the handouts.
The pensioners and disabled would have more money available to them and more money available for other public services.

It is clearly apparent that our system is too generous, when the Mayor of Calais explains how people are just waiting to come across to the UK to take advantage of the system here.

As for migrant workers, well I really don't care about that, if other nationalities which to take jobs in the UK then so be it. It's one world!

pennybarry
25th October 2009, 09:16
my apologies to you pennybarry:):):)

It's ok:D I get used to it. :icon_lol:

Too right! Well done Penny, take the fight to them and educate them otherwise they will just absorb the usual stereotypical gossip and repeat it over and over.

Jim

Thanks Jim. As much as possible, I don't ignore people, with good or bad interpretations. We can always give our side in a good way!

dont get affected you are luckier than me where I used to work there was one who hated foreigns as theyve taken her husbands job haha. She always pull her face on me but i just ignored here. Have a good day.

You're right! even some council house taken by some foreigners, some locals have twisted face and they are not good neighbors sometimes.:D

I though there's new rules for EU people to take english test before coming here to work?:D

The other side of the coin is I hear Phills moaning about Koreans, Indians, indodesians and chinese stealing work via either jobs or businesses.

People in the Uk will moan if people move around the country and take jobs, to a degree its human nature. One thing most countries seem to have is there far share of moaners:D

Yes and EU .:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
25th October 2009, 14:55
BBC Question Time, was the audience specially picked to attack the BNP ?

I just watched the BBC broadcast again.

The man who suggested a ‘whip round to send Nick Griffin to the South Pole’ and two people sitting beside him, were in camera shot eight times before one of them put his question, and all three of them were asked to speak. I think that is ‘unusual’ in Question Time.

It seems ‘odd’ if it was not a fix, that three people sitting together should be asked to present a question and that the camera should show them so many times unless maybe they were ‘specially chosen’ to attend the program.

This gave me the impression the BBC had fixed the audience.

I also wonder what would have been the police reaction had the 500 or so crowd demonstrating outside to prevent Griffin from being able to get into the BBC had been BNP members demonstrating against a person from an ethic minority group who about to appear on the program.

Queenbee
25th October 2009, 16:33

Yah right on that,,I think also because most immigrants never choose any kind of work,and really works hard for tha money!!!work like 2 to 3 jobs while SOME Brits complain and complain about their work and never get the job done..So who gets loads of money first?who gets the big fat sports car first???The hardworkin immigrants,,,:D

johncar54
25th October 2009, 16:52
he looked flustered, stressed, and kept changing his mind about his beliefs.

I don't think he made a good showing, however, he did have four panelists and the chairman plus practicality all the audience attacking him. Given that I am not sure who would have made a good showing ! Although his comment about his father being a pilot and Straw's father (son of a German Jewish immigrant) was in prison having refused to help the effort, was 'interesting.'

With exception of Bonnie Greer, who relied on historical facts, rather as Enoch Powell used to do, but which in reality had little to so with the BNP argument, as we all have a pretty good idea what Griffin meant when he said 'indigenous people' the other were pretty poor too.

James Hubbard
25th October 2009, 16:58
he looked flustered, stressed, and kept changing his mind about his beliefs.

I don't think he made a good showing, however, he did have four panelists and the chairman plus practicality all the audience attacking him. Given that I am not sure who would have made a good showing ! Although his comment about his father being a pilot and Straw's father (son of a German Jewish immigrant) was in prison having refused to help the effort, was 'interesting.'

With exception of Bonnie Greer, who relied on historical facts, rather as Enoch Powell used to do, but which in reality had little to so with the BNP argument, as we all have a pretty good idea what Griffin meant when he said 'indigenous people' the other were pretty poor too.

Hi John, I believe it's in this thread (please click here) (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=19821) you want to post

johncar54
25th October 2009, 17:11
James thanks, but as the threads tend to get mixed up, sometimes its difficult to know where to post!

James Hubbard
25th October 2009, 17:14
James thanks, but as the threads tend to get mixed up, sometimes its difficult to know where to post!

it's fine, I'm like a mother hen guarding my chicks (posts) :D :thorsten_rammler:

JimOttley
26th October 2009, 00:25

I agree, there is a lot of moaning as you say Andy!

The Chinese are probably some of the most active entrepreneurs in the Philippines just now, Koreans are widely despised but they bring in a lot of cash, not seen many Indians (wish I could get a good curry in Manila :( :D )

Tawi2
26th October 2009, 00:28
Quite a few indians in Pinas Jim doing 5-6,strange thing is they often wind up dead :Erm: I even met some lending cash in the boonies in Mindanao :Erm:

joebloggs
26th October 2009, 00:38

but some of the moaning is because of some people taking the :censored:, i watched UK border force the other night, one 'student' was working 20 hrs a week at as-da and he had another part time job at willie hill, he was working 40 hrs a week, so he was not a student, so that was 2 jobs a Brit could have been doing, in another program they raided a Chinese take away, the 'student' guy was outside, he had just drove from London (think it was 150miles ? sure :D) to see his student visa dependent wife - who owned the take away :doh, the guy had been a student for 6 yrs :D

JimOttley
26th October 2009, 00:42
Quite a few indians in Pinas Jim doing 5-6,strange thing is they often wind up dead :Erm: I even met some lending cash in the boonies in Mindanao :Erm:

:censored: tards I hate the 5-6 ers with a vengeance.

I don't care if they are Pinoy or foreign they are the lowest of the low, only marginally above Western Union (;) :D)

They deserve whatever happens to them I guess the locals don't like the competition :angry:

These parasites are one aspect of Pinoy culture that I absolutley abhor.!!!!!!

Jim

JimOttley
26th October 2009, 00:51
but some of the moaning is because of some people taking the :censored:, i watched UK border force the other night, one 'student' was working 20 hrs a week at as-da and he had another part time job at willie hill, he was working 40 hrs a week, so he was not a student, so that was 2 jobs a Brit could have been doing, in another program they raided a Chinese take away, the 'student' guy was outside, he had just drove from London (think it was 150miles ? sure :D) to see his student visa dependent wife - who owned the take away :doh, the guy had been a student for 6 yrs :D

I take your point Joe but Andy's point is valid too, yes we are one of the rich countries that is being taken advantage of just now but the Phils experiences similar issues and the locals there feel the same way.

Globalisation is a big issue everywhere!

Jim

pennybarry
26th October 2009, 10:27
Yah right on that,,I think also because most immigrants never choose any kind of work,and really works hard for tha money!!!work like 2 to 3 jobs while SOME Brits complain and complain about their work and never get the job done..So who gets loads of money first?who gets the big fat sports car first???The hardworkin immigrants,,,:D

I have noticed here that British are picky. I worked with seafood factories and most workers are from Portugal Poland and Russia and very few british.
I asked my hubby why, he said the place stinks. :D

The Chinese are probably some of the most active entrepreneurs in the Philippines just now, Koreans are widely despised but they bring in a lot of cash, not seen many Indians (wish I could get a good curry in Manila :( :D )

We have China Town in Pinas in Binondo. It's home of Bigtime Chinese entrepreneurs. Gold, dry goods, chinese food business.

Load of Indians businessmen in our country, but they have only one business. It is called 5-6.:icon_lol: 20% interest money lending. Everyday knocking on your door for the payment. Yukk!

JimOttley
26th October 2009, 10:33
We have China Town in Pinas in Binondo. It's home of Bigtime Chinese entrepreneurs. Gold, dry goods, chinese food business.

Load of Indians businessmen in our country, but they have only one business. It is called 5-6.:icon_lol: 20% interest money lending. Everyday knocking on your door for the payment. Yukk!

I've been to Binondo a few times Penny, had a really really nice Chinese meal there last March when we were out looking for outfit's for everyone for an upcoming wedding.

Really didn't realise that the Indians specialised in the 5-6 absolute parasitical business, should be made illegal!

Jim

pennybarry
27th October 2009, 11:56
I've been to Binondo a few times Penny, had a really really nice Chinese meal there last March when we were out looking for outfit's for everyone for an upcoming wedding.

Really didn't realise that the Indians specialised in the 5-6 absolute parasitical business, should be made illegal!

Jim

I like Binondo, Chinese foods there are really nice.
Try fresh Beef noodles there. It is made of fresh noodles not the dried one.
Siopao Asado there is superb delicious.
Hopia Ube is yummy.

The only thing I have noticed, all bosses chinese, all maids are pinays. Good for them, they are enjoying low labor cost and good income.:xxgrinning--00xx3: Hao Fang!

mazinger26
26th November 2009, 01:12
Yeah , yeah the monkey git gets to me at some idiotic quips at work, General mad dogdeserves his place in Philippine HIstory infamy and of course, we have been fighting to get the Balinga bells back from the Army HEadquartes in Carolina I think............

but to explain, there are so many things that are shared between American and Philippine Culture, sadly, more than the UKs.

1. Basketball is regarded a NAtional past time and obsession, cant find any basketball teams here in the UK except Luol Dengs team England, if, whennever they play

2.We grew up calling trucks truck, we only found out they were called lorrys here when we moved

3 We are tied in history in that the Americansgave us education and the 3 rs

In defence of the UK, my wife and I are the last batch of Pinoy Nurses that will be given
British Passports, I thank the UK for accepting many Pinoy Families when America gave us Mt everest to climb before granting anythin, I have a pending US Petition as well, my parents have just moved back to the Philipines, they lived in the States for 12 years, but I only got to see them a few weeks at a time in the past 12 years as logistics and papers are an issue, until I get my Brit passport in 2011, si thank you UK for that

4. THE NHS, its still being debated in the US congress now if healthcare will be reformed, my wife has diabeted and without the NHS, a huge chunk of our money will be to medical bills and meds

5 We grew up eating to NEstle, we just heard of, tasted cadburys when friends bring some back from europe

6 We grew up with Sesame st, the younger generation here now watch CBeebies