PDA

View Full Version : passports marraige an visas

sparky
21st October 2009, 21:23
so if my lady has a passport already an we get married and make the visa application soon after

will she have to have a new passport in her married name to travel an for the visa application?

or will the old one suffice for both?

dave63
21st October 2009, 22:27
My wife had a passport before we got married. Once we got married she applied for new passport with her married name on. We thought it best to do this tosave any hassle later.

ron
22nd October 2009, 02:03
yes my wife did the same and renewed her passport with he new married name . Ron

scottishbride
22nd October 2009, 04:23
so if my lady has a passport already an we get married and make the visa application soon after

will she have to have a new passport in her married name to travel an for the visa application?

or will the old one suffice for both? In my case, I did not use my husband's surname. My passport is still valid until 2014. And when I applied for spouse visa, I used my passport and got the visa with my unmarried name on it.

pumpkins
22nd October 2009, 04:31
i got my passport ammended to my married name even my passport was just 6 months old.. coz i wanted to be known officially as Mr. Gwapito's wife..it just took a week only to change anyway..
i am proud to be my husband's wife:):):)

AyinX
22nd October 2009, 04:58
i got my passport ammended to my married name even my passport was just 6 months old.. coz i wanted to be known officially as Mr. Gwapito's wife..it just took a week only to change anyway..
i am proud to be my husband's wife:):):)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

dave63
22nd October 2009, 10:50
We did the same as Pumpkins with my wifes passport. We thought that this may be better for my wife when she first comes to this country and has to go throught passport control.:)

vbkelly
22nd October 2009, 10:52

or will the old one suffice for both?

not neccessary to get a new passport she can use her passport now with unmarried name on it and there's no problem at all.

Jay&Zobel
22nd October 2009, 11:44
i got my passport ammended to my married name

I had mine amended too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

simplyxiao
22nd October 2009, 14:11
i got mine ammended too and had no problem at all.... :)