PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrit.

aromulus
20th October 2009, 15:38
I cannot believe Gordon is actually advocating for an election run off....:Erm:

An unelected PM..... That skipped a few himself...:doh

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8315794.stm

I cannot find the right words in my limited vocabulary, to describe him in its entirety, maybe I could, but they wouldn't be very nice....:doh

GaryFifer
20th October 2009, 18:46
Petulant pugnacious p**k

Scouse
20th October 2009, 18:48
I think that you will find that we don't actually vote for a PM in the UK, we vote for a Constituency MP. It's the fact that he was voted as leader of his party which is in government that makes him PM.

If you want to vote for the PM you need to join the party that is in government and hope there is a leadership challenge. even this does not guarantee you will be voting for the PM as it is only tradition that makes the governing party's leader the PM, they could have a party leader and then choose somebody else as PM.

GaryFifer
20th October 2009, 18:58
I think that you will find that we don't actually vote for a PM in the UK, we vote for a Constituency MP. It's the fact that he was voted as leader of his party which is in government that makes him PM.

If you want to vote for the PM you need to join the party that is in government and hope there is a leadership challenge. even this does not guarantee you will be voting for the PM as it is only tradition that makes the governing party's leader the PM, they could have a party leader and then choose somebody else as PM.

Considering the man comes from MY constituency, I voted for him out. So its a dictatorship then?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/mpdb/html/712.stm

somebody
20th October 2009, 19:19

Totally agree with the facts you bring up but still a shame he didn't go to the polls for a vote of confidence.