PDA

View Full Version : Interest Rate Hike?!!

walesrob
20th October 2009, 13:31
Anyone else got a Capital One credit card and have they been told of interest rates going up? I have a Mastercard Platinum (yeah I know, posh git) and have been paying between 20-30% of the balance each month, always on time, done a few Balance Transfers, etc, then I get a letter yesterday, the interest rate on my card is rising to 26% from the current 18%. I called them, said no thanks, so the card is destroyed and I will be paying back the remaining balance (at the old rate of 18% - you can "opt out" of the new interest rate by not using the card) over the next few months. Looks like tough times ahead for credit cards.

KeithD
20th October 2009, 13:48
Most have gone up already so those that do pay, cover the losses for those that don't :Erm: Capatalism...great eh? :rolleyes:

walesrob
20th October 2009, 13:50
Capatalism...great eh? :rolleyes:

Nope :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
20th October 2009, 14:33
Nope :xxgrinning--00xx3:
At least we get free prescriptions, unlike those pesky folk that live in England :D

aromulus
20th October 2009, 14:38
At least we get free prescriptions, unlike those pesky folk that live in England :D

That and hospitals are the only good things left, seems like, after yesterday's shenanigans at the doctor's surgery...:omg:

somebody
20th October 2009, 19:17

Will the EU funding being cut affect that:Erm:

GaryFifer
20th October 2009, 20:34
It is simple. They had to reduce their charges for going over the limit to £12, so they are clawing the money back in other sneaky ways.