PDA

View Full Version : Giving out Details

bless.books
19th October 2009, 14:19
Hello Everyone! I would like to ask your views about giving out details online. How much do you trust the people behind the PC, someone you haven't met/seen in person. We can all hide under pseudonyms but when it comes to online transactions, you have to divulge details somewhere somehow. This is primarily to someone you contacted only onllne/forum/social sites,etc. or if you have any experience, please share it here ... Thank you very much

How far can you go? What details can you give and still safe? Is it safe givng out Bank details, addresses, landlines ... Anyone heard about stealing identity? How do you avoid this. How do you protect yourself from this?

triple5
19th October 2009, 14:24
I have no problem with online transactions as long as it's on a secure server. If I was a woman I'd be careful about giving address details/phone number.

There's plenty of info online about how to avoid being a victim of identity theft.

bless.books
19th October 2009, 14:29
I have no problem with online transactions as long as it's on a secure server. If I was a woman I'd be careful about giving address details/phone number. There's plenty of info online about how to avoid being a victim of identity theft.

Hello triple5! Thank you very much for this.

Fitzy
21st October 2009, 07:49
There are such things as keylogger viruses which record sensitive information like usernames/passwords.

Just be very aware that's all, and remember, the banks etc will NEVER ask you for such details on line, or over the phone.

Always remember to scrutinise your bank/credit card statements for any anomalies!!

Another worth while thing to do once in a while it to get your Experian, and Equifax credit reports, to make sure your identity hasn't been compromised in any way.

Just remember, there's nothing wrong with being too careful:)

JimOttley
21st October 2009, 09:46
Hello Everyone! I would like to ask your views about giving out details online. How much do you trust the people behind the PC, someone you haven't in person. We can all hide under pseudonyms but when it comes to online transactions, you have to divulge details somewhere somehow. This is primarily to someone you contacted only onllne/forum/social sites,etc. or if you have any experience, please share it here ... Thank you very much

How far can you go? What details can you give and still safe? Is it safe givng out Bank details, addresses, landlines ... Anyone heard about stealing identity? How do you avoid this. How do you protect yourself from this?

Never give out Bank details to anyone other than close family or very good long standing friends if they are going to pay you.

Much better get a paypal account and demand payment through that.

For ebay etc. I would never allow a buyer to pick up from my home address except maybe if I were selling someting huge :D

Also would never give someone my landline number particularly online businesses.

If you are the buyer then you have to give out your address for delivery but you have to be very sure that it is a reputable seller that you are dealing with!

Jim

GaryFifer
21st October 2009, 09:46
If you are interested there are some articles here on the a2 squared site (they make a scanner, software firewall)
Do some research and arm yourself with the meaning of keylogger, software firewall, hardware firewall, spyware, adware, spybots, viruses, trojans

It is always changing with new ways of getting into your system
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/kb/articles/

Also register your card here,

http://www.mastercard.com/uk/gateway.html

This helps too. When in the process of a transaction it will ask you a random character from a password you created, before it lets you make the final purchase

bless.books
22nd October 2009, 18:31
I have no problem with online transactions as long as it's on a secure server. If I was a woman I'd be careful about giving address details/phone number. There's plenty of info online about how to avoid being a victim of identity theft.

Hello again and thanks triple5! You said, 'If I was a woman I'd be careful about giving address details/phone number' ... may I ask why?
What about if you are a man?

bless.books
22nd October 2009, 18:41
There are such things as keylogger viruses which record sensitive information like usernames/passwords. Just be very aware that's all, and remember, the banks etc will NEVER ask you for such details on line, or over the phone. Always remember to scrutinise your bank/credit card statements for any anomalies!!

Another worth while thing to do once in a while it to get your Experian, and Equifax credit reports, to make sure your identity hasn't been compromised in any way. Just remember, there's nothing wrong with being too careful:)

Hello Fitzy! Thank you for dropping a line, very good reminder. It alarmed me bec of some phone calls asking 'if I feel comfortable talking, and they would claim they are from a bank so and so. I wonder where did they get the number from. Yes, absolutely nothing wrong being too careful.

bless.books
22nd October 2009, 19:03
Never give out Bank details to anyone other than close family or very good long standing friends if they are going to pay you.
Much better get a paypal account and demand payment through that.
For ebay etc. I would never allow a buyer to pick up from my home address except maybe if I were selling someting huge :D Also would never give someone my landline number particularly online businesses.If you are the buyer then you have to give out your address for delivery but you have to be very sure that it is a reputable seller that you are dealing with!
Jim

Hello Jim! Thank for your advice. The more replies I get here, the more I am convinced that I am doing the right thing. I am very much interested to know/learn from others who had similar experiences. This will give me a different perpective in giving out details more so on online transactions. My very first time dealing with paypal was a nightmare bec of the inconsistency of details when I signed up. To make the story short - I have not collected the payment (yet). It is just there in the account.

bless.books
22nd October 2009, 19:07
If you are interested there are some articles here on the a2 squared site (they make a scanner, software firewall)
Do some research and arm yourself with the meaning of keylogger, software firewall, hardware firewall, spyware, adware, spybots, viruses, trojans
It is always changing with new ways of getting into your system
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/kb/articles/ Also register your card here,
http://www.mastercard.com/uk/gateway.html
This helps too. When in the process of a transaction it will ask you a random character from a password you created, before it lets you make the final purchase

Hello gary2jessica! Thank you very much for these infos. I will have a look. Gosh, so many things I need to know!:ARsurrender:

bornatbirth
22nd October 2009, 19:12
your selling a book online arnt you?

why are you asking about giving your details online,when you must know how its done,the process in which people wanna buy your book :Erm:

James Hubbard
22nd October 2009, 19:22

why are you asking about giving your details online,when you must know how its done,the process in which people wanna buy your book :Erm:

LoL, it seems typical of our esteemed author ... :omg:

bless.books
22nd October 2009, 19:32
your selling a book online arnt you? why are you asking about giving your details online,when you must know how its done,the process in which people wanna buy your book :Erm:

Hello bornabirth! Thank you for dropping a line. I am expecting a very good advice from you. Thanks anyway.

Yes, I am selling my book online and in person as well if only to answer your first question. But I did not post a thread bec of that reason. I am referring to the security/protection so on and so forth in giving out details online. This is not just about merely selling/buying. This is also to do with enquiries of a lot of things online which one is requred to give out details such as phone numbers, address, etc to someone who is just behind the PC.

GaryFifer
22nd October 2009, 19:32
LoL, it seems typical of our esteemed author ... :omg:

You can always buy that book. Internet security the idiots guide

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Idiots-Internet-Privacy-Security/dp/0028643216

Don't you sell that one?:Erm:

James Hubbard
22nd October 2009, 19:39
You can always buy that book. Internet security the idiots guide

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Idiots-Internet-Privacy-Security/dp/0028643216

Don't you sell that one?:Erm:

Where can I get the complete idiot's guide to not being a complete idiot anymore?

I want to upgrade to being a dummy :Erm:

bornatbirth
22nd October 2009, 19:48
Hello bornabirth! Thank you for dropping a line. I am expecting a very good advice from you. Thanks anyway.

im not sure you will get any from me :Erm:

i cant sat ever since i have been using the internet i have had any problems yet,as long as you use secure websites you shouldnt have any probs.:D

is there anything you are worried about.

GaryFifer
22nd October 2009, 20:29
Hi bless books

If you wish to read about internet security run some tests on your computer and find out how vulnerable you are right now. You can run tests here:

http://www.pcflank.com/pp.htm

Here is some advice from me:

Backup your important files onto disc everyday.

Keep your system up to date with Microsoft Windows Update everyday at regular time. Something sensible like 16:00 or 17:00 when you go make lunch. Check this at your Control Panel on Windows Security Center

Ensure you have a good up-to-date anti virus program.
People always will have criticisms of some paid anti virus because they steal alot of computer resources by adding many background programs. This slows the PC down.
Real-time anti-virus protect means it scans EVERYTHING all the time. This can be a balancing act between a PC that is functional and protection depending on what you are doing. If you are playing a game, and it slows your system down because it constantly scans, that's annoying. This is why people like AVG antivirus free package, as the scanner can be turned off. Here are a list of Antivirus products you can choose from.

http://www.filehippo.com/software/antivirus/
Choose from freeware, or paid anti virus package it is up to you. There is no reason you cannot have a test to see if you like them.

Ensure you have a great firewall which protects the ports your computer uses

Ports range from 0-65535.Many of ways hackers can get in. Zonealarm is a good free firewall, but there are more contender out there now and this one won awards from magazines. Look for things like that if you wish to buy a full product. But this is free and it won an award so it must be doing something right.

Comodo Internet Security (http://www.filehippo.com/download_comodo/)

Spyware
Also there are Spyware products, which download without your knowledge when you visit a website. They do not replicate like a virus, and sit on your PC creating problems. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not cover yet. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware.

Download this great antispyware freeware package called Spybot Search&Destroy Website (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html)

Anti-Trojan horse, Backdoors, Keyloggers

Like the Greek legend these are programs that install themselves on your system and call another computer about your activities, including your screen, your typing, everything on your PC. Here is a2 squared. You need a verified email address to activate the free software:

a2 squared free download (http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/)

Admin privileges

Also do not use a one account on your PC that has administrator privileges. Why? It gives hackers access to read/write access to ALL folders on your hard drive.
Only use admin account for installing programs, checking errors running maintenance, but NOT for internet browsing.

How to find that out?
go to START> control panel- User Accounts. Create 2 accounts. One called Maintenance, and the other called INTERNET. Password protect them both.

Password policy: password like this T23cw2"%&ZdG longer and more complex the better. Harder to get into your files. Ensure you keep your passwords for websites different for EVERY site.

When you are login your admin account use the command START>RUN> and type control userpasswords2 for further info on all the accounts on your computer.

make your folders PRIVATE. Here is how to do it:
C:\Documents and settings\

Right click the folder with the same name as your user account. In your case you might call it Bless books. You will see a tab called SHARING. click the box that says MAKE THIS FOLDER private. this means any other person using your PC will not see inside this folder.

And another thing keep your harddrive check for errors regular every week, and defrag your drive every week.

How? your administrator account Go START>RUN>type cmd
type chkdsk /F This will check your hard drive for any errors upon restart.
same START>RUN> type defrag C: this will defrag your drive but with no fancy graphic interface.

If you want an alternative Defrag which a bit quicker than windows you can install one in your Admin account:

Defraggler (http://www.filehippo.com/download_defraggler/)

Try not to add toolbars and other junk to your internet browser too. Keep it clean and the addons that you are prompted to add, don't add them if you don't trust the source. Did you ask for it? Flash player might be required to view Youtube for example, but can lead to exploits behind your back. Switch it off, if you don't need it, after all it is used for videos and advertising.

JAVA is an addon that is used as language on most advanced pages, make sure that it is uptodate at the Java website. http://www.java.com

Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, are Google Chrome, or Opera are your choices of web browser, so do not feel the need to stick to Internet Explorer always.

bless.books
22nd October 2009, 21:07
Hello gary2jessica! Thank you very much, really very good of you, to have gone to the trouble of pasting/typing in here. I am not a techie myself and so this will be very useful. Thanks ever so much!

jaishann
23rd October 2009, 00:23
Hello Everyone! I would like to ask your views about giving out details online. How much do you trust the people behind the PC, someone you haven't met/seen in person. We can all hide under pseudonyms but when it comes to online transactions, you have to divulge details somewhere somehow. This is primarily to someone you contacted only onllne/forum/social sites,etc. or if you have any experience, please share it here ... Thank you very much

Hi Bless,

I think this is the reason why you have not responded to my email. For those who want to know Bless has published a book ( Life in the UK) and I want to buy 3 copies to give out to my friends , Nepalese and Fil and Thai. I am basically teaching them one day a week on my day off as I want them to pass the test.My friend Sak, from Chiang Rai passed the test I was using the 2007 edition and with the aid of online test question. Sak now is ILR holder.
I thought Bless your book will be easier as a guide so I tried to contact you and you wanted a cheque (or a postal cheque )but I dont have one I only have debit card online account and with me being busy, Sophie knows and can vouch I work Tue - Fri ( 8 to 5:30 PM ) college on Mondays and I . I pay all our bills online and one good suggestion Bless because you want business try to sort something out on how you will get paid. I ordered the Life in the UK book online it cost £14.00. Time is essential to me Bless sorry that I asked about your bank details as I just wanted to do bank transfer, I have now my paypal account I can pay you through paypal but for me to nip to post office ( i think there is also a fee to get postal cheque?) is impossible as I dont have free time unless. You should have been honest with me as I waited for your reply. Thanks to this forum at least I know now the reason why I've not heard from you.

jaishann
23rd October 2009, 00:41

yes she is and I wanted to buy one I felt like an idiot asking her bank details now that i read this thread as I thought that was the easiest way for me to pay I didnt realise that she became doubtful at one point in time for the person who wanted to buy a copy of her book. She asked me a cheque i dont have one, she said postal cheque is ok but i dont have time so with sincerity I asked if ok to do a bank transfer online as I do pay all my bills online,,utilities, council tax, inland revenue, mortgage. :NoNo:

bless.books
23rd October 2009, 01:36
Hello jaishann! So, so sorry if you feel that. It wasnt the case. First of all, I posted this thread not bec of you but bec of what we encountered as of late. Too personal to share it here. But to just mention a bit about it - we've been receiving calls from people we met only online.

Let me just clarify things here ... for not contacting you -
Though you probably noticed I go online here on this forum (often), it doesn't necessarily mean that I go and check the email add I gave you. I have lots of email adds. bec of my/our other transactions. I am not just into buying/selling my book. I do all sorts and I communicate online. I need to have different ones to separate and not to confuse one to the other. It was only later when I read yours, which for some reason got deleted. I couldn't reply back. Having it, I could have replied back soon to make any arrangement.

Now, I am sure you are aware of what has happened to the PROUD TO BE BRTISH. Walesrobs mentioned that he received complaints from loads people with re: to my book. I wish to contact you again, having lost your email. But I am adamant bec of what walesrob has said. If you go through the PROUD TO BE BRTISH thread, you will see what I mean.

I do not wish to have an enemy nor upset anyone. I am only here to learn and maybe meet friends. I thought maybe sharing my book, will boost my confidence and lots will be pleased to know and will also be happy for me as well. But what do I get if I am to base it from walesrob msg. - it seems like I am against all odds. So, I decided not to contact you. But whether I posted this or not, I won't be able to contact you anyhow, bec I accidentally deleted the email.

Again, I am so sorry if that is what you feel. Cannot blame you for the coincidence. I posted it first, before I realised the thread was closed. And reading walesrob, I abandon the idea of contacting you again.

bless.books
23rd October 2009, 02:02
yes she is and I wanted to buy one I felt like an idiot asking her bank details now that i read this thread as I thought that was the easiest way for me to pay I didnt realise that she became doubtful at one point in time for the person who wanted to buy a copy of her book. She asked me a cheque i dont have one, she said postal cheque is ok but i dont have time so with sincerity I asked if ok to do a bank transfer online as I do pay all my bills online,,utilities, council tax, inland revenue, mortgage. :NoNo:

Hello again jaishann! I've already said my piece to your other post. And here I am again, replying. I am so grateful that you showed interest in my book, in fact so excited that I responded to you straight away. I made those arrangement for convenience. I've given my address/mobile/landline whereas I got only your address and I deleted your email accidentally, how else can I contact you without that? I didn't realised you emailed me. I posted a thread sincerely to ask bec of otehr stuff.

I found as well that walesrob close the thread, which he pointed out - complaints against me. If you are in my position, what will you do? I cannot contact you here bec the thread's title is in itself something to do with the book. Many times I argue to contact you through here, and maybe it is just okay, but I abandon theidea bec as I said, it seems like I am against all odds. If you go through my other threads, you will see and maybe feel for me. .

I do not wish to cause any chaos ... niether make anyone feel like an idiot ... if that caused you to feel that, I am so sorry.

That is not my rule in life ...

James Hubbard
23rd October 2009, 06:58
This seems like it's the Bless Books customer service department here? :doh

jaishann
23rd October 2009, 07:20

it is in one way James it is also the same way when we give out advise what to do and what not to do.

is this too personal and not allowed here James? I just want people to be aware what happens if you order book from Bless and you dont have a cheque.

jaishann
23rd October 2009, 07:38
Hello jaishann! So, so sorry if you feel that. It wasnt the case. First of all, I posted this thread not bec of you but bec of what we encountered as of late. Too personal to share it here. But to just mention a bit about it - we've been receiving calls from people we met only online.

Let me just clarify things here ... for not contacting you -
Though you probably noticed I go online here on this forum (often), it doesn't necessarily mean that I go and check the email add I gave you. I have lots of email adds. bec of my/our other transactions. I am not just into buying/selling my book. I do all sorts and I communicate online. I need to have different ones to separate and not to confuse one to the other. It was only later when I read yours, which for some reason got deleted. I couldn't reply back. Having it, I could have replied back soon to make any arrangement.

Now, I am sure you are aware of what has happened to the PROUD TO BE BRTISH. Walesrobs mentioned that he received complaints from loads people with re: to my book. I wish to contact you again, having lost your email. But I am adamant bec of what walesrob has said. If you go through the PROUD TO BE BRTISH thread, you will see what I mean.

I do not wish to have an enemy nor upset anyone. I am only here to learn and maybe meet friends. I thought maybe sharing my book, will boost my confidence and lots will be pleased to know and will also be happy for me as well. But what do I get if I am to base it from walesrob msg. - it seems like I am against all odds. So, I decided not to contact you. But whether I posted this or not, I won't be able to contact you anyhow, bec I accidentally deleted the email.

Again, I am so sorry if that is what you feel. Cannot blame you for the coincidence. I posted it first, before I realised the thread was closed. And reading walesrob, I abandon the idea of contacting you again.

Maybe you are in wrong place to advertise your book.I dont need to read the thread if Walesrob closed the thread i dont think it is because of your book it is maybe (im not sure ) because they dont promote friction here.

I have sent you about 4 or 5 email so have you all deleted them by mistake? To be honest Bless I didnt think in my wildest dream that youd feel bad giving out your bank details to me as you were doing business. It is shallow idea not to contact your customer because of Walesrob, at the end of the day it is your book and not Walesrob's - you can help fili or other nationalities if you think your book is easier to use. The thing is you gave me your phone/mobile number and I didnt phone you as it is not my intention to get in touch with you to be friend or anything I just wanted your book to help me out doing my tutoring to Nepalese and Thai. It is strictly business nothing else.

Thanks

James Hubbard
23rd October 2009, 08:25
It is shallow idea not to contact your customer because of Walesrob, at the end of the day it is your book and not Walesrob's

Thanks

I agree with jaishann on this one ... but, trying to speak logic to blessbooks (as I pointed out many times already) the fundamental philosophical flaw of many of her mental meanderings - is that she's logically Fallacious. It's like beating your head against a brick wall! :Brick:

Look, I think that your review of BB's customer service will do a service to potential future customers of hers ... they will know what to expect ... and more importantly, they will know what not to expect - that being courteous service or reasoned discussion! :D

bless.books
23rd October 2009, 20:32

To you JH! May I please ask you to refrain from being personal. I am not talking to you and this thread is all about 'Giving Out Details'

Jashann has misunderstood me and so i am replying back to her notes here. What is really our point of being here. Isnt' it to help and be helped? If it is not part of your creed to be nice to people, then I do n;t see the reason of one like you being here. Okay, you said something on one thread, I said something back, thread was closed. You made your point, I made mine ... what would you want to come out here? Grow up will you!

bless.books
23rd October 2009, 20:46
it is in one way James it is also the same way when we give out advise what to do and what not to do. is this too personal and not allowed here James? I just want people to be aware what happens if you order book from Bless and you dont have a cheque.

Hello jaishann! I've explained my side. It seems not acceptable to you. Well, there is nothing I can do about it. Let me just tell you that, you do not know the whole story and so, I wish that you give the one the benefit of the doubt. I offered my book here direct bec online it is more costly. And so this is what happened.

1) I put a thread
2) You showed interest
3) I gave my email add
4) You emailed, gave your address
5) I replied and gave my name,address,landline.mobile
6) You ask how to pay
7) I ask for cheque or money order (through postal) l
8) You said no cheque/or maybe you can just get my bank details

All these were all in one email with 'reply button'. I didnt add your email address. So what do I have without you on my list, having deleted it accidentally.

I was expecting you could have a better judgement on this and not take things personally just bec I posted a thread.

bless.books
23rd October 2009, 21:12
Maybe you are in wrong place to advertise your book.I dont need to read the thread if Walesrob closed the thread i dont think it is because of your book it is maybe (im not sure ) because they dont promote friction here. I have sent you about 4 or 5 email so have you all deleted them by mistake? To be honest Bless I didnt think in my wildest dream that youd feel bad giving out your bank details to me as you were doing business. It is shallow idea not to contact your customer because of Walesrob, at the end of the day it is your book and not Walesrob's - you can help fili or other nationalities if you think your book is easier to use. The thing is you gave me your phone/mobile number and I didnt phone you as it is not my intention to get in touch with you to be friend or anything I just wanted your book to help me out doing my tutoring to Nepalese and Thai. It is strictly business nothing else. Thanks

Hello again jaishann! I didn't not say that the reason for it closed is my book. The thread has come to its demise bec of certain misunderstanding. As I mentioned in my other reply, I used the reply button to email you, and the first time I got your email, I thought I deleted, it was only at the end bit. At googlemail, you only have one email listed if you keep using the reply to button to the email sent you. I don't think I should explain all this. The fact is I deleted it by mistake. What shall I do? Now I was restricted to promote my book, what shall I do?

Yes, it was my primary reason to help people through my book, that is why I am sharing it. bec I know, this is the right forum, the right people and the right community. But I am not allowed to advertise, you said it yourself. Online is okay, but it is more expensive as you found out yourself.- that is the reason I am offering it direct from me.

I gave my landline/mobile/address to build trust as you gave your address noting that you are giving it in confidence. Phoning me as a seller and you as a customer doesn’t mean asking/obliging for friendship. If friendship happens, that would be great, if not, no worries.

I was expecting a bit of a leeway and not taking thing personally. We are all grown ups. It is not about who is beside us. I ask for cheque. or postal money order (if that is the word), you don’t have one, and you offer to ask for bank details. How can I reply when I do not know how, aside from this forum. It seems that there is no way I can explain my side without being misunderstood.

As I said, it was not my rule to make one feel like you felt.

Dedworth
23rd October 2009, 21:25
About time this nonsense thread was closed - way off topic

Sophie
23rd October 2009, 21:33
Hello jaishann! I've explained my side. It seems not acceptable to you. Well, there is nothing I can do about it. Let me just tell you that, you do not know the whole story and so, I wish that you give the one the benefit of the doubt. I offered my book here direct bec online it is more costly. And so this is what happened.

1) I put a thread
2) You showed interest
3) I gave my email add
6) You ask how to pay
8) You said no cheque/or maybe you can jsut as fro details

All these were all in one email with 'reply button'. I didnt add your email address. So what do I have without you on my list, having deleted it accidentally.

I was expecting you could have a better judgement on this and not take things personally just bec I posted a thread.

Hi bless, i don't think jaishan took it personally.....:)
she was just surprised about reading this thread you made and thinking it might have something to do with the payment arrangement she proposed to you....
and not hearing from you after that and no response on her emails either, made her a bit upset, which is understandable, since she is in good faith and i can vouch for that.
I'm sure she would have understood if you told her early on about being unsure and uncomfortable with the idea of giving bank details.....
But you already apologized for the oversight and i commend you for that and i understand its just an honest mistake on your part.....
i'm sure she's fine about it now bless and i'm sure she did not take this personal at all :)

jaishann
23rd October 2009, 22:43
she was just surprised about reading this thread you made and thinking it might have something to do with the payment arrangement she proposed to you....
and not hearing from you after that and no response on her emails either, made her a bit upset, which is understandable, since she is in good faith and i can vouch for that.
I'm sure she would have understood if you told her early on about being unsure and uncomfortable with the idea of giving bank details.....
But you already apologized for the oversight and i commend you for that and i understand its just an honest mistake on your part.....
i'm sure she's fine about it now bless and i'm sure she did not take this personal at all :)

Hi sis you know me well. Youre right never took it personally i was just surprised having read the thread and the fact that she said she pressed the wrong button thats why she cant reply my email back then why not sent me a message in the same thread where we started because if you run through it you can see my message saying i did sent her an email and she said yes i read it then why no effort to do it again? I found it just making up an excuse what I was worried about is the book i promised to these people who needed help, but anyway thanks Sophie dear for your time. I am ok and I am still willing to buy her book once she sorted an easier way to get paid .Thanks again.

jaishann
23rd October 2009, 23:10

1) I put a thread
2) You showed interest
3) I gave my email add
6) You ask how to pay
8) You said no cheque/or maybe you can just get my bank details

I ignore things easy Bless especially if its not important, the point is I was honest with you why i needed 3 books right? i told my friends about it and you let me down by not responding to my email granting that you deleted it why not go back on the same thread where we started ? why not make the effort? You have time to start about two or three threads recently (home or away and this one) but not bothered to come back to me and say youre not comfy giving out your bank details as I wont think that way because I thought suppliers provide details so they can be paid. There is nothing personal here but you need to establish something when you are in business, that you are reliable and prepared if you get a buyer and how you want paying?.,consider the fact that not all people can afford to pay by cheque or by postal order (coz of the extra charge) did you not take into account setting up an account considering making sale in the future and not trembled when customer ask for your bank details ? thats all i am saying. I am still interested in your book as I have promised these people that I will get them one and it is authored by a Filipina, I gave them my word and i dont want to let them down. Just give us a bell when you sort something out. ..Thanks

LEAHnew
23rd October 2009, 23:45
I admit your thread is informative as I'm keen to learn money online stuff:rolleyes: but seems there's a misunderstanding here that u need to sort it out privately not to broadcast in Public forum especially business stuff:doh

......... I offered my book here direct bec online it is more costly. And so this is what happened.

You've been given a chance to share with it so don't go further:NoNo::NoNo:
I guess it's not being judgemental just a clarification, you got the PM facility you should clarify to her privately before posting this thread:doh

:doh:Erm: I think so.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: well said.. can I vote you as moderator:D:Rasp::xxgrinning--00xx3:

James Hubbard
24th October 2009, 02:06
To you JH! May I please ask you to refrain from being personal. I am not talking to you and this thread is all about 'Giving Out Details'

Jashann has misunderstood me and so i am replying back to her notes here. What is really our point of being here. Isnt' it to help and be helped? If it is not part of your creed to be nice to people, then I do n;t see the reason of one like you being here. Okay, you said something on one thread, I said something back, thread was closed. You made your point, I made mine ... what would you want to come out here? Grow up will you!

The diagnosis is in . . . I need to let Dr Letterman tell you . . .

James Hubbard
24th October 2009, 02:09

amen and amen:xxgrinning--00xx3:

James Hubbard
24th October 2009, 02:13
I admit your thread is informative as I'm keen to learn money online stuff:rolleyes: but seems there's a misunderstanding here that u need to sort it out privately not to broadcast in Public forum especially business stuff:doh

You've been given a chance to share with it so don't go further:NoNo::NoNo:
I guess it's not being judgemental just a clarification, you got the PM facility you should clarify to her privately before posting this thread:doh

:doh:Erm: I think so.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: well said.. can I vote you as moderator:D:Rasp::xxgrinning--00xx3:

You know what's gonna happen now? Mrs Sand-in-her-panties BB will come all guns blazing for you! She's like that!

walesrob
24th October 2009, 09:28
Erm :Erm:

Can someone summarise in one sentence whats going on with this thread? I'm confused.com :Rasp:

James Hubbard
24th October 2009, 09:30

Can someone summarise in one sentence whats going on with this thread? I'm confused.com :Rasp:

Is this the Fil UK site? I thought it was the BlessBooks customer service portal, sorry po!:doh

jaishann
24th October 2009, 11:41

Sorry for the trouble Mod.

jaishann
24th October 2009, 11:54

Hi Dedworth It wasnt nonsense until I came out as you can see BB was given loads of advise and that is good. It was just a coincidence that the thread she started actually is an answer to my big question why she has not replied to my email. Just manners my friend saying i lost yourdetails please can you email me back? Thanks and Im fine if this thread will be closed.

James Hubbard
24th October 2009, 13:30
Just manners my friend saying i lost yourdetails please can you email me back?

It shows a lack of care for the customer of authoress, Inasmuch as it did that it was valuable also :D

bless.books
24th October 2009, 14:11

Hello dedworth! Yes, way off topic and now the focus in on me. Quite a bit frustrating.

bless.books
24th October 2009, 14:25
Hi bless, i don't think jaishan took it personally .....:)
she was just surprised about reading this thread you made and thinking it might have something to do with the payment arrangement she proposed to you .... and not hearing from you after that and no response on her emails either, made her a bit upset, which is understandable, since she is in good faith and i can vouch for that. I'm sure she would have understood if you told her early on about being unsure and uncomfortable with the idea of giving bank details ..... But you already apologized for the oversight and i commend you for that and i understand its just an honest mistake on your part ..... i'm sure she's fine about it now bless and i'm sure she did not take this personal at all :)

Hello Sophie! Well and good if that really is. The topic is giving out details, why then me and my book is dragged here on this thread. And to make the matter worst, lots are joining in taking sides. Is there no allowances here.
This thread is nothing to do with her.

She could have directed it to the other 'thread I started' ... to now I am reluctant to touch taking note of walesrob.

I feel I shouldn't be answering here in details but on the other hand I should if only to be understood. It has something to do with what we've encountered as of late. I've explained that I am into all sorts online. I put some adverts whereby putting my phone details and I was surprised to be phoned and asked my other details including bank. I said, I'll get back to him and that is where I started this thread.

bless.books
24th October 2009, 14:33
Hi sis you know me well. Youre right never took it personally i was just surprised having read the thread and the fact that she said she pressed the wrong button thats why she cant reply my email back then why not sent me a message in the same thread where we started because if you run through it you can see my message saying i did sent her an email and she said yes i read it then why no effort to do it again? I found it just making up an excuse what I was worried about is the book i promised to these people who needed help, but anyway thanks Sophie dear for your time. I am ok and I am still willing to buy her book once she sorted an easier way to get paid .Thanks again.

Hello jaishann! Yes, and that's what happened. I asked you to read the other closed thread, hoping you will understand my position. Saying those were my excuses, that is your opinion. I did not contact you where I contacted you in the first place bec of noting what walesrob. I am repeating her again that, I abandon the idea bec I don't want to come out pushing my book to you or anyone else. I no longer consider discussing nor promoting my book here and to put it honestly. I do not even want to talk about my book to anyone here.

bless.books
24th October 2009, 14:44
I ignore things easy Bless especially if its not important, the point is I was honest with you why i needed 3 books right? i told my friends about it and you let me down by not responding to my email granting that you deleted it why not go back on the same thread where we started ? why not make the effort? You have time to start about two or three threads recently (home or away and this one) but not bothered to come back to me and say youre not comfy giving out your bank details as I wont think that way because I thought suppliers provide details so they can be paid. There is nothing personal here but you need to establish something when you are in business, that you are reliable and prepared if you get a buyer and how you want paying?.,consider the fact that not all people can afford to pay by cheque or by postal order (coz of the extra charge) did you not take into account setting up an account considering making sale in the future and not trembled when customer ask for your bank details ? thats all i am saying. I am still interested in your book as I have promised these people that I will get them one and it is authored by a Filipina, I gave them my word and i dont want to let them down. Just give us a bell when you sort something out. ..Thanks

Hello again jaishann! I've explained above why I did not make an effort. And that is the reason why I started this 'thread' - to learn more on dealing online. I don't mind becoming a broken record here if only to make things clearer. I started this 'thread' before reading you email. I put a time with this 'thread' bec of the apparent circumstances we are in and it has nothing to do with you.

bless.books
24th October 2009, 14:52

Hello walesrob! I started this thread hoping to get as muc hinformation I ccan get about 'Giving out Details' and maybe more on Transactions Online'
And now it is going off topic again. I do not wish to deviate myself _ I just want to answer the questions thrown at me.

Anything you might want to share about 'giving out detail' would be valuable here.

bless.books
24th October 2009, 14:59
Hi Dedworth It wasnt nonsense until I came out as you can see BB was given loads of advise and that is good. It was just a coincidence that the thread she started actually is an answer to my big question why she has not replied to my email. Just manners my friend saying i lost yourdetails please can you email me back? Thanks and Im fine if this thread will be closed.

Hello again jaishann! I am so grateful if I could get more infos about 'giving details from you and everone else. It makes me more aware and teaching me a lot. I do no think this 'thread is non sense' as you agreed. To close this is up to the people in charge, the decision is theirs.

You could have contacted my direct taking note of giving the benefit of the doubt.

bless.books
24th October 2009, 15:01
It shows a lack of care for the customer of authoress, Inasmuch as it did that it was valuable also :D

JH, I have to word for you ... just stick to my thread 'giving out details'

Pepe n Pilar
24th October 2009, 15:52
In my opinion, Jaishann was offended when she read this thread. She has good intension of buying the books and she has commitment with her students. I know how it feels. She is in good faith doing the transaction and was surprised when she read this thread. I suppose i will feel the same way if i were in her shoes.

To Bless, I have an experience before same as yours. I made a transaction online and payment will be done to my account. I gave out my bank details but thought of not to continue it for security reasons. So i am sure you feel the same way. Why not open a paypal account? The seller can set up a paypal account and so costumers can do the transaction thru paypal?

Maybe some members can give more advice about this.
Regards.
Cheers!:)

jaishann
24th October 2009, 17:45
Hello again jaishann! I am so grateful if I could get more infos about 'giving details from you and everone else. It makes me more aware and teaching me a lot. I do no think this 'thread is non sense' as you agreed. To close this is up to the people in charge, the decision is theirs.

You could have contacted my direct taking note of giving the benefit of the doubt.

I do not give my bank details myself Bless but if I am in a business I will try to open facilities for payment. Most people dont use cheque this days. Postal order - you need to go to the post office and pay charge.

Common ways to pay is by debit/credit card or for a private sale you can open a paypal account.

As you are selling your book on the internet I think you missed out the idea of how getting paid online as well.

If you have posted this thread before you read my email , fair enough but Ive not seen this thread before Oct 13 2009 this was the date we exchange emails, before we exchange emails i dropped you a line on your thread LIFE IN THE UK MADE EASY and you replied and that was Oct 13. granting on the same day you deleted my email you could have sent me a message on the same thread without mentioning your book if that was your worry.

jaishann
24th October 2009, 17:49
[QUOTE=bless.books;185721]. I don't mind becoming a broken record here if only to make things clearer.

Thats what you call call in UK :

When the *** hits the fan .

jaishann
24th October 2009, 17:51
In my opinion, Jaishann was offended when she read this thread. She has good intension of buying the books and she has commitment with her students. I know how it feels. She is in good faith doing the transaction and was surprised when she read this thread. I suppose i will feel the same way if i were in her shoes.

To Bless, I have an experience before same as yours. I made a transaction online and payment will be done to my account. I gave out my bank details but thought of not to continue it for security reasons. So i am sure you feel the same way. Why not open a paypal account? The seller can set up a paypal account and so your costumers can do the transaction thru paypal?

Maybe some of the members can give some advice about this.
Regards.
Cheers!:)

it was a shock ha ha. if we can work out the dates here when the post was made you can come up to saying o yes this is the reason why. Perfect timing i would say. Thank you dear.

somebody
24th October 2009, 18:05

Excus me Mod no advertising please:D

kimmi
24th October 2009, 18:18
Excus me Mod no advertising please:D

:doh:doh:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

to bless.book since Jaishann is still willing to buy ur book will it still be possible for her to pay u by any other means?

to jaishann is there any other ways bless.book can communicate with u re the purchasing of this Life in the UK book?

tiN
24th October 2009, 18:32
it will go on and on and on.. i think this thread need to be closed Mods :)

walesrob
24th October 2009, 18:35
to bless.book since Jaishann is still willing to buy ur book will it still be possible for her to pay u by any other means?

to jaishann is there any other ways bless.book can communicate with u re the purchasing of this Life in the UK book?

I'm sure Blessbooks and Jaishann can communicate via PM to complete this transaction, meanwhile thread is closed. :)