PDA

View Full Version : Tagalog to English translator software

Steve.r
12th October 2009, 22:22
Anyone know of any free translators?

I know about Google Translate. I used it to write a letter in english to my girlfriend, then changed it to tagalog, but once changed, I could not change it back :doh
I found it really hard to find a free tagalog to english translator. So, can any of you guys help out at all?

Steve

somebody
12th October 2009, 22:49
seen a few online which you get if you type tagalog to english in to google. Many are described as filipino to english n vice versa and the missus looked at puzzled at some of the translation which she said old filipino..

GaryFifer
13th October 2009, 12:43

I know about Google Translate. I used it to write a letter in english to my girlfriend, then changed it to tagalog, but once changed, I could not change it back :doh
I found it really hard to find a free tagalog to english translator. So, can any of you guys help out at all?

Steve

Me to, I was going to ask the boss about this little site, as it has a Filipino_english thing that can be added to site for translation. Might be useful to him

STAR ONLINE DICTIONARY (http://www.stars21.com/index.html?pname=asian&aname=filipino&fname=dict_tl&word=)

This may require you to allow a pop page.

Steve.r
14th October 2009, 09:10
Me to, I was going to ask the boss about this little site, as it has a Filipino_english thing that can be added to site for translation. Might be useful to him

STAR ONLINE DICTIONARY (http://www.stars21.com/index.html?pname=asian&aname=filipino&fname=dict_tl&word=)

Thanks G2J :)

somebody
14th October 2009, 20:15
Out of intrest star line was one of the online translators we tried out but the Tagalog was not so good. As they translate it seems word by word so the structure of the sentce can look a bit odd and the words used were ones the Wife was going hey!

JimOttley
14th October 2009, 22:41

This appears to just be a wrapper for other sites Gary, the http://www.tagalog-dictionary.com/ is the actual site doing the translation I've used this one for single word lookup for many years and as SB says it doesn't really understand grammar.

Jim

English Rose
28th February 2010, 23:23

Steve

To change the letter you translated into Tagalog back to English, highlight the Tagalog, copy it (click the right mouse button for a drop down menu), then paste it back into the box. Change the drop down menu to tell it to change Tagalog into English and click Translate.

My Filipino friend said that the Google translations weren't very good, and used old fashioned words, but he could understand what I meant.

Steve.r
28th February 2010, 23:37
To change the letter you translated into Tagalog back to English, highlight the Tagalog, copy it (click the right mouse button for a drop down menu), then paste it back into the box. Change the drop down menu to tell it to change Tagalog into English and click Translate.

My Filipino friend said that the Google translations weren't very good, and used old fashioned words, but he could understand what I meant.

Thanks ER, wish I knew that 4 months ago :D But thank you for the info, might well need it later.

Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
28th February 2010, 23:48
Not really a translation software, but if your really interested in learning and have trouble learning new languages like me, I highly recommend the Rosetta Stone software.

badrock
2nd March 2010, 15:00
I daren,t call the missus software but she translates for me.

Steve.r
2nd March 2010, 20:36
Not really a translation software, but if your really interested in learning and have trouble learning new languages like me, I highly recommend the Rosetta Stone software.

Have you seen how much that costs Ricky :yikes: