PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! Messenger 10.0.0.542 Beta available

GaryFifer
11th October 2009, 10:51
Remember Beta software may have bugs, so backup your system before usage. But it can give you a preview of newer better software.

Here is the latest version from FILEHIPPO.com

http://www.filehippo.com/download_yahoo_messenger/

Filehippo.com is a useful site for updating other software you may have.

somebody
11th October 2009, 11:03
As you have said if your Yahoo messagner is crucial to communicating with loved ones wait awhile and keep an eye on the reviews.

I know my Wife and her friends who are not that techy intrested have updated early on and then had problems in the past with various pieces of software.

whiteraven
11th October 2009, 11:20
i stopped using yahoo and switched to skype as the sound quality was far better and much less likely to lose connection.

GaryFifer
11th October 2009, 11:25
As you have said if your Yahoo messagner is crucial to communicating with loved ones wait awhile and keep an eye on the reviews.

I know my Wife and her friends who are not that techy intrested have updated early on and then had problems in the past with various pieces of software.

Indeed. If you are concerned, there is no need update, but here are some opinions on it. I will post more about it too.:CompBuster:

http://download.cnet.com/Yahoo-Messenger/3000-2150_4-10047721.html?tag=mncol

GaryFifer
11th October 2009, 11:27
i stopped using yahoo and switched to skype as the sound quality was far better and much less likely to lose connection.

How do you get archives for that one raven?

whiteraven
11th October 2009, 11:38
it doesnt keep an archive as such, only conversation over 30 days. took me ages to figure out how to print them out. if you need some evidence of contact then yahoo is a better idea.

JimOttley
11th October 2009, 19:59
it doesnt keep an archive as such, only conversation over 30 days. took me ages to figure out how to print them out. if you need some evidence of contact then yahoo is a better idea.

You can use the "From Beginning" button to get a full history.

I usually just select the entire text and copy it out to a text file in notepad.

Also if you are using Skype for calls to a landline or to a cellphone your entire call history is available in your online Skype account going back how ever many years you want.

Jim

somebody
11th October 2009, 20:03
Whast ever you do back up the archive if its for evidence on aregular basis.

Northerner
11th October 2009, 20:30
Whast ever you do back up the archive if its for evidence on aregular basis.

Very good advice.. Hust reminded me too.... :Erm::CompBuster::xxgrinning--00xx3: