PDA

View Full Version : Hello Ka Pamilya

cheesewiz
8th October 2009, 22:07
Hi to all. Its been along time since my last visit here in the forum. I got my ILR 3 months ago after 2 months of waiting which i am very very happy after 5years of waiting for it (I am on Work Permit to those who doesn't know). Work still okay always busy looking for 30 lovely residents (its very tiring though 30 people for 2 carers and 1 nurse). Still working 6 days/week 12 hours shift every night.

My family in Phils sligthly affected by the typhoon but thank God its not as terrible in many places in Manila. I donate a few pounds to the victim "every little helps".

As for my lovelife back to ZERO again me and my BF broke up a month ago but I am okay that's life I supposed Still believe my time will come for the right person. I have a job, friends, family in Phils of course, my own house in Phils from my non-stop working here and a bit of savings. Can't complain, still on positive side of life. Life is too short...keep on enjoying as they said.

Anyway, almost a year now I did apply for a job is Australia thru the help of my cousin and an expectedly after a year i get a job offer. Nice salary than here and very attractive offer which is hard to resist. I am very interested to grab the offer and I am going for medical in a month time. If I pass the medical that's the only vital link for me to work there and I can get my work visa in a month time. Although I informed the company I am going for a month holiday in Phils this coming Dec and I am available in January 2010which is fine with them.

So, if everything's in order I am decided already to migrate in Australia as I read Australia is in top ten place to live. Its a big decision for me to migrate in australia as I only need to wait in June next year to apply for my citizenship but i believe "opportunities knocks at once" there might be no second chance for me. After all citizenship is not an issue for me if it is not for me so be it.

Wish me luck!

Sophie
8th October 2009, 22:29
Hi cheesewiz, congratulations on your ILR :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3
Its good you're family only got slightly affected by the typhoon, not as bad as the most part of manila and they were all ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Sorry to hear too about your recent break up with your bf, don't worry, the right man will come along :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just continue to be positive as what you are already doing now and just focus on the good things you have like your job, family and friends.....
And best of luck on your future migration plan to australia :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
8th October 2009, 23:27
Well done go for it and enjoy the surfing:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheesewiz
9th October 2009, 21:09
QUOTE=somebody;180596]Well done go for it and enjoy the surfing:xxgrinning--00xx3:[/QUOTE]

thank you. yeah i think I'll go for it, change of scenery heard loads of Brits there i won't be feel homesick then. been learning english accent for morethan 5 years, now need to learn oz accent:doh

cheesewiz
9th October 2009, 21:09
Hi cheesewiz, congratulations on your ILR :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3
Its good you're family only got slightly affected by the typhoon, not as bad as the most part of manila and they were all ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Sorry to hear too about your recent break up with your bf, don't worry, the right man will come along :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just continue to be positive as what you are already doing now and just focus on the good things you have like your job, family and friends.....
And best of luck on your future migration plan to australia :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Salamat po!

joebloggs
9th October 2009, 22:16
:xxgrinning--00xx3: good luck !

oz, maybe we'll be going in a few years, a lot nearer home than the UK,,

but you'll be back to square one, counting the days ,weeks and years before you can get residency there, you should research it more b4 you go, the new points system here is based on the oz one, could be a lot more difficult for you over there..

but you've got ILR, so as long as you dont stay out of the UK for more than 2yrs, you shouldn't have a problem coming back here, and applying for any job, if your oz plans go wrong :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
9th October 2009, 23:17
well done and good luck.

watch out for the kangeroos,i was told they eat filipinas? :rolleyes:

joebloggs
9th October 2009, 23:38
well done and good luck.

you got it the wrong away around bornatbirth :doh, its the filipinas that BBQ Kangeroos :D

bornatbirth
9th October 2009, 23:51
you got it the wrong away around bornatbirth :doh, its the filipinas that BBQ Kangeroos :D

i just wanted to give the wildlife a chance :icon_lol:

cheesewiz
11th October 2009, 16:48
:xxgrinning--00xx3: good luck !

oz, maybe we'll be going in a few years, a lot nearer home than the UK,,

but you'll be back to square one, counting the days ,weeks and years before you can get residency there, you should research it more b4 you go, the new points system here is based on the oz one, could be a lot more difficult for you over there..

but you've got ILR, so as long as you dont stay out of the UK for more than 2yrs, you shouldn't have a problem coming back here, and applying for any job, if your oz plans go wrong :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you joe, yeah i am really thinking about it actually. and if I dont find it nice I have to go back before the 2 years being out of the country. Anyway, thank you for the advice and I will try to research more as I have a few days off next week I think I am just so excited.

cheesewiz
11th October 2009, 16:54
well done and good luck.

thank you. i think its the kangaroos always in trouble when filipinas are around. Actually I tried kangaroos here during the world food festival and it didn't go well on me for a few days:NoNo:

joebloggs
11th October 2009, 18:22
thank you joe, yeah i am really thinking about it actually. and if I dont find it nice I have to go back before the 2 years being out of the country. Anyway, thank you for the advice and I will try to research more as I have a few days off next week I think I am just so excited.

the money you spent on ILR and the 5yrs it took you to get it, will not be wasted, I'm sure it will not take you 2yrs to decide if you like it there or not :D

start of another adventure for you :rolleyes: better weather, nearer home, maybe even better standard of living :rolleyes:

good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
11th October 2009, 20:41
QUOTE=somebody;180596]Well done go for it and enjoy the surfing:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you. yeah i think I'll go for it, change of scenery heard loads of Brits there i won't be feel homesick then. been learning english accent for morethan 5 years, now need to learn oz accent:doh[/QUOTE]

Depends which part of Aus like the UK some have fairly easy to understand accents and others are :Erm: